Temp Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by yusuo, Feb 2, 2017.

1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    With all the negativity in the scene at the moment I though i would take a bit of time out and ask you, the members what the temp has done for you.

For me, i've been a member here for over a decade, the members here are some of the most chilled, relaxed and helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, there is obviously the odd one or two who are idiots but for the most part they are amazing.

People have always been here to help and over the years I've learnt my way around multiple systems, including pcs and phones and had a bit of a laugh with other members. I've enjoyed helping younger members and occasionally putting people in their place when they've taken this community for granted

@Costello and the rest of the mods, you are all doing amazing jobs, keep it up. hopefully ill be here for another 10 years

What does the temp mean to you all

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Basically an america of internet forums (pre-Trump era).

3. VinLark
    This message by VinLark has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 2, 2017, Reason: thanks for you input.
    Feb 2, 2017
  4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I would like to thank my fellow mods or course, but take a special moment to thank those who help out in the 3DS section. These are just a few of those who I see helping out more than others. So thank you, @gamesquest1 @VinsCool @Quantumcat @wormdood (sorry to tag you twice in two days lol) I know there are many many more, but these are just the few that have personally been a great help to me and other members.

Thanks @Helmax for responding to me when I sounded the horn for a translation, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and the team's hard work. I still can't believe you cracked that encryption code.

I'm sure there are other, but if there are, I'll post again.

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    This is a nice thread :)

Chary and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  6. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Just the fact that everyone has their own opinion without being too obsessed with a company and insulting someone just due to not agreeing with him/her (looking at you, Nintendo Everything) is what makes GBATemp great for me. I tend to avoid political threads although everyone can tell which side I'm on and what I stand for.

Chary and VinsCool like this.
  7. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I mainly enjoy spending my time mingling with numerous like-minded people, so the 'Temp has really helped me to define my personality in the past 2 years or so, as a result.

It's an absolute privelige to be a part of this community, what with the many often weekly (or sometimes daily!) exclusive releases of people's outstanding works to add to the mix, as well as the plentiful gaming/hacking news posts that just don't stop pouring in thanks to the mag staff.

Despite the somewhat distasteful atmosphere on some days (only really a handful of days in the year though, haha) GBATemp is perhaps the most friendliest tech and gaming forum to hang around and have a hearty conversation with people on! :grog:

8. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    Chary and VinsCool like this.
  9. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    I like this site

Chary likes this.
  10. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    ...And that is the reason why I said there is only sometimes a 'distasteful atmosphere'. ;)

DeoNaught likes this.
  11. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I have to kindly disagree.

Save yourself from the 3ds forums, everthing else has been incredibly good.
    Most people here are very friendly and helpful.

jDSX, DeoNaught and Voxel like this.
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    +1 for that @Tom Bombadildo guy, he's great! Someone should promote that guy to admin!

Chary likes this.
  13. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Stares at profile pic...
    Stares at sig...

Aha! You...You're a Jill Stein supporter, aren't you?!!?

On a more serious note, GBAtemp has got to be one of the best gaming forums I've ever seen. Of course, the 3DS section isn't the best by any means, but the site regulars who have made GBAtemp a home, you're all great. GBAtemp is pretty much a "come for the hax, stay for the community" kind of place :P There's a really tight knit bunch of people here, and that's a really rare thing.

I'm grateful for this site, cuz it's led me to a lot of good friends, as well as helping me figure out what I want to do in life, and has given me a sort of foot in the door and knowledge about how the games media industry works. There's just so much to GBAtemp, from the people, to the teams that translate or exploit things, to the friendly discussions, to the news, the infamous EOF, and everything in-between.

@yusuo To another 10+ years for everyone! :grog:

14. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I dunno. I joined for the gba flashcards and just stuck around. I guess I'm here forever :tpi:

BORTZ likes this.
  15. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    a good place to talk, a place to help those who struggle with thier console or with themselves, and a place where i can learn a lot...

DeoNaught likes this.
  16. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Home of hacksn5s4 /s

17. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks for chimming in people, anyone else

18. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Initially, I just joined this site years ago to get help with ds flashcards and whatnot. Then, I started posting a bit, trying to be "social".
    Then I left the site 'cus my "anti-social" side got the better of me. And now I'm back again.

I say, of all the online communities I've seen, this is probably the best and nicest one there is.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    It would be interesting to have a civilised conversation about how folks on this community feel about fetus and if they're for, against or pro-choice. It's a touchy subject, I know, which makes it all the better to discuss. To be honest, I'm more geared being pro-choice than against completely of abortion (being in favour of abortion 100% is rather scary) but again, it's not something about a simple 'yes' or 'no' type of answer.

I recall posting a thread about it like in 2016 and was deleted due to the user age range rounding from 13+.

VinsCool likes this.
  20. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Either i got promoted to contributor or is a mistake, or i dunno, being mentioned among staff members? Now i'm confused.:toot:

wormdood and gnmmarechal like this.
  21. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Make a thread on it in EOF or general chat, i'll be part of that one