Status
Not open for further replies.

Team-Xecuter Releases SX OS v1.4

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with lots of nice improvements in v1.4
txos14.jpg

We have not heard from TX for a while, but don't worry, they back with nice new update to their SX OS, check out v1.4 below:

SX OS v1.4 Announcement
Good day, loyal users!

While we chip away at many different features for SX OS and additions to our SX hardware family we took a break to prepare an update for SX OS with some exciting new functionality and outstanding bug fixes.

Let's have a look at what's new and fixed in this release:
  • Integrated NSP installer
    With our last update we introduced the possibility of installing eShop NSP titles. However, this relied on using external tools and wasn't very user friendly. In this release we bring our own integrated NSP installer as part of our menu system. This is the neatest and easiest way of installing NSP titles, enjoy!
  • Integrated homebrew launcher
    Launching homebrew used to be done by launching NX HBMenu by holding R when entering the album. While we kept this possibility (mostly for developers), you can now also launch your favorite homebrew directly from our own menu!
  • IR / motion plus issue fixed
    A few games (like 1-2-Switch and Resident Evil) were suffering from freezes when enabling the joycon IR camera or motion controls.
  • Allow unsigned NCA
    People asked us if we could get rid of the NCA integrity checks, so we did! Custom NCA files, modified NCA files and repackaged NCA files should all work fine now.
  • Display SX OS version in menu
    To better distinguish the different versions of SX OS we introduced a small version number display in our menu.
  • LayeredFS fixes for 4.1.0
    There were certain issues with 'LayeredFS' for people on firmware 4.1.0. If you use 'LayeredFS' on that specific firmware there's good news for you: these issues have been identified and fixed!
And that's that for this release. We have quite the backlog of feature requests and todo's on our plate, but trust we'll get there!

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The console only has one charging port so no reason to keep the dongle plugged in all the time. You can also charge the dongle without the Switch if you plug it into something else that can accept the USB connection.
sure but : as "we'd better not reach 0% of battery, because if we want to charge the console at 0%, it will launch in OFW and burn the efuses (I upgrades without burning efuses). "
Just to know, can we update our system using a xci backup ? (I mean is there system update in xci files) ?

Last edited by alucard_xs,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure but : as "we'd better not reach 0% of battery, because if we want to charge the console at 0%, it will launch in OFW and burn the efuses (I upgrades without burning efuses). "
Just to know, can we update our system using a xci backup ? (I mean is there system update in xci files) ?
That is why I recommended to charge the dongle outside the console. The dongle won't help boot the console into OFW, either a good jig or AutoRCM can accomplish that.

Updating with a .XCI on the console brings up an error saying to insert the cartridge. Not sure if people messed up or if it needs to be untrimmed or not but that is solely what I've heard. You are free to try and report if it works (but something tells me it doesn't since nobody seems to recommend doing this).

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is why I recommended to charge the dongle outside the console. The dongle won't help boot the console into OFW, either a good jig or AutoRCM can accomplish that.

Updating with a .XCI on the console brings up an error saying to insert the cartridge. Not sure if people messed up or if it needs to be untrimmed or not but that is solely what I've heard. You are free to try and report if it works (but something tells me it doesn't since nobody seems to recommend doing this).
There will be probably a solution someday as the scene is growing bigger and bigger every day.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Also you can choose where to install the nsp file where tinfoil just installs on sd card
I would guess that some sections are copied from tinfoil, but definitely improved upon. Impossible to be just a 1:1 tinfoil copy due to dlc/updates and destination options which are missing from tinfoil

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Love this update regardless how they got it, I can play what I want now so and save money in my wallet, that is all I care about :D

ALso his thread is starting to go off topic, there's already a large thread about TX and tinfoil, I sense the mods are coming!

loonsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there limits to the addresable size of memory card for xci files? I have a 400GB card and several games I put on there recently are not working, though one I added tonight is.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's in a thread around here, but I can't find the name... What's the app that you can use to erase .nsp files after installing them w SX? (Instead of using a micro sd reader on PC.) And it's safe to use right?

Thanks!

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I know it's in a thread around here, but I can't find the name... What's the app that you can use to erase .nsp files after installing them w SX? (Instead of using a micro sd reader on PC.) And it's safe to use right?

Thanks!

NXShell

Reactions: Bonovox40

rianrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so tried the nsp installer on sx os with the game ikaruga and it worked fine, then i go on to bought ikaruga from eshop, downloaded it, and tried to play it on ofw but it give me "the software was closed because an error occurred", i tried reinstall it but doesnt work, later i found the game work work when in sx os. i dont know the cause of this but i wanted to play the on the ofw too, cause i bought the game.

does anyone know what cause this? and maybe fix it ?

thank you

ibbanez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so tried the nsp installer on sx os with the game ikaruga and it worked fine, then i go on to bought ikaruga from eshop, downloaded it, and tried to play it on ofw but it give me "the software was closed because an error occurred", i tried reinstall it but doesnt work, later i found the game work work when in sx os. i dont know the cause of this but i wanted to play the on the ofw too, cause i bought the game.

does anyone know what cause this? and maybe fix it ?

thank you

Just a guess, so take it with a grain of salt, but you might have to delete the program from the SD card first, then download from eshop. Worth a shot.

JayGee23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is anyone else eagerly anticipating the release of SX OS v1.5 ??

Really interested to see what they'll integrate next, I don't mind the waiting, but excited to see what new features they'll introduce next

I'm eagerly waiting. I'm still using v1.3. v1.4 didn't grab my attention at all.

Reactions: peteruk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j