Gary Bowser, of Team Xecuter infamy, has been released from jail

hadsujkjjkjkjkjkjkjj.png

The latest update to the ongoing Gary Bowser situation is a rather major one. After being extradited and arrested, the Team Xecuter member was slapped with a $10 million dollar fine, and then taken to trial, where he was sentenced to over 3 years in prison. Bowser, also known online as GaryOPA, was set to serve his 40-month sentence in a US federal prison, but he and his lawyer argued for an early release. As of March 28th, Bowser has indeed been released from prison, though he is still at a detention facility, where he is awaiting transport back to Canada.

A video interview with Bowser offers some insight as to his experiences, including the fact that he has had no contact with any of the other TX members who have evaded capture. Despite having to pay a $10 million fine as a result of a civil suit, on top of another $4.5 million fine for circumventing devices illegally, Bowser has worked while in prison, earning enough to pay $175.00 of that 14,500,000.00 total. As a consequence, any job that Bowser gets after getting back to Canada will garnish his wages and send them to Nintendo, to the tune of about a third of his income, likely for the rest of his life.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Okay…

I mean… I don’t really know how to feel about this. Mostly because I don’t care. I’m glad he’s alive and well as he allegedly had health issues?

The fine is hefty though, good luck recuperating that, Ninty.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SX OS is definitely still going to stay dead. The moment anything TX related pops up, the first door they're going to be knocking on is going to be Gary's.
As long as his name isn’t directly tied to anything, SX could very well come back (though not likely).. Gary wasn’t exactly the one making the software…

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as his name isn’t directly tied to anything, SX could very well come back (though not likely).. Gary wasn’t exactly the one making the software…
If that was the case, then they could have continued without him as soon as he was arrested. But nope, they went dead silent. Nobody wants to be involved in it anymore. I don't blame them, look at how much he has to pay.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If that was the case, then they could have continued without him as soon as he was arrested. But nope, they went dead silent. Nobody wants to be involved in it anymore. I don't blame them, look at how much he has to pay.
Believe me when I say the fines do not scare these types of companies. Especially when the market is so easy to get into. I’d wager those behind the SX have already rebranded and moved into another modding venture.

You grossly underestimate these companies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe me when I say the fines do not scare these types of companies. Especially when the market is so easy to get into. I’d wager those behind the SX have already rebranded and moved into another modding venture.

You grossly underestimate these companies.
Oh no, I never implied they wouldn't stop modding in general. I'm just saying the TX brand is way too hot for anyone to come close to it. They probably started developing another chip for another system by now. Conspiracy theory: they're the ones responsible for the hwfly chips.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh no, I never implied they wouldn't stop modding in general. I'm just saying the TX brand is way too hot for anyone to come close to it. They probably started developing another chip for another system by now. Conspiracy theory: they're the ones responsible for the hwfly chips.
The HWFly chip are actually reverse engineered SX Firmware. So no, not the same team.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That I don't know. I just know people checked it and confirmed it's more or less reversed sx firmware.
Who would know better how to reverse the firmware than the SX team themselves? I don't think it proves anything about who's behind it.
But the info on reversing SX is out in the open, I guess it could be anyone.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol