Gary Bowser just got out of the jail

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
https://gonintendo.com/contents/191...leased-from-prison-early-due-to-good-behavior

"As you might remember, Nintendo took Team Xecuter’s Gary Bowser to court over his involvement with a business that earned him over $300k through piracy-related activities. Bowser was found guilty of the charges and was sentenced to 40 months in prison. As of today, Bowser will no longer have to serve another day behind bars.
It’s been announced that Bowser has been freed from prison long before his original 40-month sentence expired, and this is due to a combination of time served and good behavior. Of course, that doesn’t mean that Bowser’s Nintendo troubles are completely over with.
As part of that prison sentencing, Bowser was also ordered to pay Nintendo $10 million damages for the piracy he enabled. From here on out, Nintendo is legally allowed to take 25-to-30% of Bowser’s earnings to help pay off his $10 million debt."

didn't he already paid 5 millions?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I might have my beef with him but I am glad he's finally out. Knowing that he was slowly dying so Nintendo could "send a message" was really fucked up and I was worried that he might actually die while behind bars.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Super white collar crime, sentenced to a 3.25 years, served ~14 months. They'll be taking money from him until he dies and dollars to donuts he's not gonna be doing anything remotely related to this again.

I will always say the biggest mistake he made was charging for SXOS. Nintendo (over)protects their stuff to the point of insanity, and basically advertising "you pay us money for this piece of software to steal nintendo games" as opposed to the 3DS/NDS world of just routing things through third party sites selling a flash card is just flashing a big "hey Nintendo, put me in jail" sign.

I once got banned from a usenet provider because I uploaded a video of someone playing Mario Brothers to the newgroups. Nintendo sent a DMCA to the provider who was in no mood to screw with them and just killed my access.

Meanwhile there are millions of videos on YouTube of people playing Nintendo games. But because they thought I had uploaded Mario Brothers (the game) they went full "piracy!"

Working on AKAIO for Acekard there was always the lingering shadow of Nintendo, but Norm and I never charged for the software; a Chinese company was the one making money off it and Nintendo could go after them if they wanted.

If we had said "buy an AKAIO license for $20 to play bootleg games!" I'd 100% have expected Luigi busting down my door.

So yeah, I'm glad the system let him out of prison. Prisons are already crowded as is.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have my beef with him but I am glad he's finally out. Knowing that he was slowly dying so Nintendo could "send a message" was really fucked up and I was worried that he might actually die while behind bars.
I didn't had a problem with him, but i was worried too about him dying in jail. I've read that he got treated badly because of him being a canadian citizen.

• Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't had a problem with him, but i was worried too about him dying in jail. I've read that he got treated badly because of him being a canadian citizen.
Gary and I have had a pretty terrible relationship due to a long history of disagreements. That said, I still don't want to see him like this, no one deserves this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.