Gary Bowser, of Team Xecuter infamy, has been released from jail

hadsujkjjkjkjkjkjkjj.png

The latest update to the ongoing Gary Bowser situation is a rather major one. After being extradited and arrested, the Team Xecuter member was slapped with a $10 million dollar fine, and then taken to trial, where he was sentenced to over 3 years in prison. Bowser, also known online as GaryOPA, was set to serve his 40-month sentence in a US federal prison, but he and his lawyer argued for an early release. As of March 28th, Bowser has indeed been released from prison, though he is still at a detention facility, where he is awaiting transport back to Canada.

A video interview with Bowser offers some insight as to his experiences, including the fact that he has had no contact with any of the other TX members who have evaded capture. Despite having to pay a $10 million fine as a result of a civil suit, on top of another $4.5 million fine for circumventing devices illegally, Bowser has worked while in prison, earning enough to pay $175.00 of that 14,500,000.00 total. As a consequence, any job that Bowser gets after getting back to Canada will garnish his wages and send them to Nintendo, to the tune of about a third of his income, likely for the rest of his life.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo they made people pay money for their stuff that you can find for free?
when sxos first released there ws no free option yet

even then it was more convenient than atmosphere for a long time

Personally I never used or bought the service because I don't believe in paying for piracy, but for the relatively cheap license price it wasn't ridiculous

Bosstendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
when sxos first released there ws no free option yet

even then it was more convenient than atmosphere for a long time

Personally I never used or bought the service because I don't believe in paying for piracy, but for the relatively cheap license price it wasn't ridiculous
I mean, have you seen SX Installer and compare it to Tinfoil? Didn't even bother to change the UI but, they are the reason that modchips for Mariko switches exist.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, have you seen SX Installer and compare it to Tinfoil? Didn't even bother to change the UI but, they are the reason that modchips for Mariko switches exist.
Tinfoil dev used to be on their payroll I believe

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Personally I never used or bought the service because I don't believe in paying for perfectly legitimate backups of only games that I have previously purchased but are no longer obtainable, exclusively for preservation purposes, but for the relatively cheap license price it wasn't ridiculous
FTFY

• Haha
Reactions: Octeble and x65943

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How did I miss this news. Oh well. I don't think this guy was a threat to anything real. Too bad his life got destroyed over it.

Edit: maybe not "destroyed", but you know.. It'd be cool if people bought games because they like them, and that'd be enough.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto