Hacking Team Xecuter delay for the Coronavirus in China ?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo claimed the same 2019 and the Lite got announced a couple months later. I don't trust their word until it's 2021.

I kinda agree. They would be stupid to confirm a new switch model coming at the end of the year, it would hurt their current switch sales.

Huuu u didnt remeber that, can you imagine 4k updates for all the previous switch games . That would be very good move .

You'll get remasters eventually anyway, although they wouldn't necessarily need to do it for launching a switch pro.

Reactions: matias3ds

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazy rumors....

90% of china was already going to be on break anyway for chinese new year.

most factories before even this virus occured, was going to be shutdown until at least feb 3rd or feb 8th for some of bigger ones they give their slaves an extra week off.

so far i heard most are re-opening by the 10th, so what is that a 2 day delay?
it doesn't look good gary
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hyundai-motor-virus-china-idUSKBN1ZY0GG

forget TX mod chip how much longer till switch and for that matter all electronic production is halted

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: matias3ds

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shows how reliant the world is on China for a lot of things. If China collapses, or just closes all economic bridges, who knows what happens to the world economy.
who indeed but not WHO
but i think this guy has pretty interesting take

also this

pastapojken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Jesus chill. Coronavirus is not good news but it's not as bad as SARS. Going by current data it has a mortality rate of 1.9%. SARS had around 7%. Ebola has between 25% and 90%. There are around 500 confirmed deaths for the Coronavirus and around 1000 people have reportedly RECOVERED. Companies are (rightfully) being careful to not make it worse but that does not mean that the world is about to collapse...
Ofc it's not a flu but at the same time it's not the spanish flu either...
weatMod is just being a freaking alarmist/conspiracy theorist.

reannu123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Jesus chill. Coronavirus is not good news but it's not as bad as SARS. Going by current data it has a mortality rate of 1.9%. SARS had around 7%. Ebola has between 25% and 90%. There are around 500 confirmed deaths for the Coronavirus and around 1000 people have reportedly RECOVERED. Companies are (rightfully) being careful to not make it worse but that does not mean that the world is about to collapse...
Ofc it's not a flu but at the same time it's not the spanish flu either...
weatMod is just being a freaking alarmist/conspiracy theorist.

I sure hope everything gets better from now on. No harmful mutations and hopefully the bird flu won't worsen either and infect humans (or won't be too fatal).

invwar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
who indeed but not WHO
but i think this guy has pretty interesting take

Don't belief these guys, they do it for the clicks and report the worst cases. For example, the first guy says truth, that the mortality rate calculation is garbage from this aspect, but we have to also consider the not reported/confirmed cases of the virus. You can only do so and so many tests per day and especially Wuhan seems to be in quite bad shape, looking on reported cases (over 16k patients). So likely especially there, the not yet reported cases are also quite big.
When you look outside of Wuhan, the mortality rate and reported cases are relatively low (second highest state has less as 1K patients) and hopefully will also not get so much worse. As I am aware, most of the cases outside of China are reported inside the quarantined people, who were in contact with confirmed cases.

Lets pray for the people there, they have better things to do right now as making our stuff.

Reactions: weatMod

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For like the 0.01% of hackers that can actually solder.
don't forget the 99.98% of people who can pay their local, IT person, electronics/appliance repair, computer shop, possibly highschooler etc. to do it.

don't get me wrong i realize not everyone can solder electronics but everyone knows someone that has the skills or worst-case scenario if your rural and no local person/business has the skills similar to every other popular mod that requires soldering companies will popup offering mail-in service.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't forget the 99.98% of people who can pay their local, IT person, electronics/appliance repair, computer shop, possibly highschooler etc. to do it.

don't get me wrong i realize not everyone can solder electronics but everyone knows someone that has the skills or worst-case scenario if your rural and no local person/business has the skills similar to every other popular mod that requires soldering companies will popup offering mail-in service.
Usually a few people will show up on gbatemp with good prices.

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Usually a few people will show up on gbatemp with good prices.
I agree thats the point.

there will be good priced options, of course, there will be bad priced options but typically the best price vs reliability options will get the most promotion in enthusiast forums.

acting like only people with soldering skills will utilize this is B.S which was Draxzelex's implication because your average gamer will do mental a cost to benefit analysis and if they deem the price and risk is worth the benefits they will go for it, just like they have with every other hack/mod "sailing the high seas" etc.
?....
does this mean every switch owner will... of course not
but every gamer didnt have modded 360's, pirate satellite or cable, flashcards, emulation, kodi boxes for media etc. but hundreds of thousands to millions of people have throughout the years.
which is why piracy and piracy adjacent industries (because yes i know not all people use these for piracy or they start that way and then move to more homebrew and such later etc.) are a several billion dollar a year industry.

if TX didnt think there was a market they wouldn't bother, no one is in business to loose money.

D

Deleted User

Can the virus be transmitted through the modchip? :unsure:
Would you seriously want to take that chance?

I have a bunch of stuff I ordered from China and when it arrives (that one time I wish it would get lost), I'll be cleaning it carefully. I've been following the news of the Coronavirus and you shouldn't believe there's only "200" or "400" people dead, Shanghai and Wuhan have become deserted and people have been dropping dead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and preventing virus to spread across the globe!
Yes, but when Western countries are being so careless and allowing people from China to enter unchecked, the virus (if they're infected) then it could contaminate a considerable amount of its population.

Most think it's no big deal because they heard it on the TV.

Reactions: weatMod

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree thats the point.

there will be good priced options, of course, there will be bad priced options but typically the best price vs reliability options will get the most promotion in enthusiast forums.

acting like only people with soldering skills will utilize this is B.S which was Draxzelex's implication because your average gamer will do mental a cost to benefit analysis and if they deem the price and risk is worth the benefits they will go for it, just like they have with every other hack/mod "sailing the high seas" etc.
?....
does this mean every switch owner will... of course not
but every gamer didnt have modded 360's, pirate satellite or cable, flashcards, emulation, kodi boxes for media etc. but hundreds of thousands to millions of people have throughout the years.
which is why piracy and piracy adjacent industries (because yes i know not all people use these for piracy or they start that way and then move to more homebrew and such later etc.) are a several billion dollar a year industry.

if TX didnt think there was a market they wouldn't bother, no one is in business to loose money.
Well I kinda disagree in general people don't think that far and will stop at "solder" if there's no other option I think it will sell okay, but not as well as a non solder option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)