Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Attempted to Bribe RetroNX Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to know you are associated with them. Not surprised.
Yet we are here and I never accepted any payment whatsoever.

If you want to blame me for trying to gain their trust, go ahead.
I don't mind it, I wanted to see where this goes and I didn't like the destination.
Tbh im not sure if I would even take that deal. Either way someone in this community is gonna be mad though

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother. Defending that $25 wasted on SX OS is important! Forget about any and all issues with said broken piece of software and shady people behind it, I spent $25!!
Are you really so damn petty as to ignore logic and sling insults?

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
look up the definition of hearsay...
Lmao now you're claiming it is that. He provided a small portion of what TX said to him and now you're claiming it is baloney. What else do you need before something becomes factual ??? Maybe an entire picture of the conversation with an autograph of TX on it ?

Reactions: TheMCNerd2017

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's called a violation of Retroarch's license and illegal. Please read the definition of a bribe before claiming it means something completely opposite.
okay i hear that all the time "violation" are they just words on e-paper or is there some thing "REAL" to back them up apart from fan boys saying it a violation bla bla

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Are you really so damn petty as to ignore logic and sling insults?
What logic? What insults? Proof was just posted, please don't insult me because you can't stand that this terrible Chinese company you purchased from is making themselves look dumber every day.

okay i hear that all the time "violation" are they just words on e-paper or is there some thing "REAL" to back them up apart from fan boys saying it a violation bla bla
Proof is in the OP, please read it next time.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao now you're claiming it is that. He provided a small portion of what TX said to him and now you're claiming it is baloney. What else do you need before something becomes factual ??? Maybe an entire picture of the conversation with an autograph of TX on it ?
he did? where? can you link it or are you talking about what he said? if it's what he said the you didn't look up what hearsay means.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They offered him over $6,000 to make the OpenGL-Enabled builds exclusive to SX OS. How is it not a bribe to offer money to a trusted member of the scene in order to influence them into moving a completely open-source project exclusively onto a closed-source trash software?
Wait... if you call that bribery then any contract of exclusivity, including salary that you pay somebody to work fixed hours in your company instead of somewhere else and give the result of your work to them instead of to someone else... that is, the salary for your average full-time job, is also a bribe?
I've never seen the word bribe used to describe that.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
he did? where? can you link it or are you talking about what he said? if it's what he said the you didn't look up what hearsay means.
This is a portion of what TX told him
''
Can you maybe expand a bit on what the current status of your retroARCH port is?
I understand you are ambitious to write a custom UI for reotroARCH from scratch,
but from a time-efficiency point of view this would set us back quite some months.
This also goes for porting Qt etc. to switch. They would be nice *future* goals
but for now we are mostly interested in getting an emulator frontend integrated ASAP.

You can either provide us with source code or an NRO and we will take care of the
actual integration into TX menu. Right now it seems easiest to me if we have some
button or menu inside our TX menu that will bring up the retroARCH frontend, and a
way to go back to TX menu from the retroARCH frontend.

The user interface, user experience and rom folder structure should be consistent.
Everything needs to be branded with Team Xecuter of course, please let us know
what graphics assets you need. (type of asset, limitations, dimensions, mockup UI screenshots)''
I know what hearsay means and i don't see what that has to do with this

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait... if you call that bribery then any contract of exclusivity, including salary that you pay somebody to work fixed hours in your company instead of somewhere else and give the result of your work to them instead of to someone else... that is, the salary for your average full-time job, is also a bribe?
It's a bribe because he isn't in the legal position to be able to do that. GPLv3 violation, as well as breaking various non-commercial licenses most of these emulators have.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bribe because he isn't in the legal position to be able to do that. GPLv3 violation.

Paying someone to do something illegal isn't a bribe. It's a payment for doing something illegal. I'm not understanding why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

Reactions: Kioku

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What logic? What insults? Proof was just posted, please don't insult me because you can't stand that this terrible Chinese company you purchased from is making themselves look dumber every day.

Proof is in the OP, please read it next time.
not asking about PROOF what i am asking is about the wording of "Violation" what legal wise court of law wise ? can be done or is it just WORDS on e-paper to try and stop people doing it and thats it and in real teams jack shit can be done ?? apart from fans boys crying ViolationViolationViolation etc on a website ,what can be done about it in the REAL world the OFFLINE world? something or nothing ?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Paying someone to do something illegal isn't a bribe. It's a payment for doing something illegal. I'm not understanding why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
from the dictionary, note the dishonest part ;)
''a gift offered to persuade a person to do something, usually dishonest: “Policemen are not allowed to accept bribes.”

to give (someone) a bribe: “He bribed the guards to let him out of prison.”

bribe
(braɪb)
vb
to promise, offer, or give something, usually money, to (a person) to procure services or gain influence, esp illegally

Last edited by kumikochan,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My company actually puts that under "bribery". Not saying it's true, just funny.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the dictionary, note the dishonest part ;)
''a gift offered to persuade a person to do something, usually dishonest: “Policemen are not allowed to accept bribes.”

to give (someone) a bribe: “He bribed the guards to let him out of prison.”

Still don't see any proof of any bribe.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's literally a bribe

bribe
brīb/
verb
verb: bribe; 3rd person present: bribes; past tense: bribed; past participle: bribed; gerund or present participle: bribing

1.persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

Your ignorance doesn't change what a bribe is.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Still trying to note the proof part.
This is what you said
'' Paying someone to do something illegal isn't a bribe ''

This is the definition of bribe
bribe
(braɪb)
vb
to promise, offer, or give something, usually money, to (a person) to procure services or gain influence, esp illegally

Can't get anymore factual than this !

Reactions: TheMCNerd2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!