Team Rebug Announces Project 'SwitchME'

A Tiny Open-Source ModChip Designed For Installing Inside A Nintendo Switch Console!
SwitchME.jpg

Hey, 'tiny solder man' where are you now? -- A Team is calling for you and your skills, check it out below:

We are creating a cheap opensource mod chip solution for the Switch. For now its a 5 wire solution, but might be able to get away with 4, I will also need 3-4 testers. This thing is tiny, so not for soldering noobs! Show me your soldering skills if you want in on the list :)

It has to be noted, this is in the very early design stages, only 'prototypes' are being developed right now by their team, but they looking for a few testers that are good at soldering skills, so if you advanced user with expert skills, contact them and get on-board the project.

:arrow: Source

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DeadlyFoez and @vb_encryption_vb it's your guys time to shine

Shine, that's like saying we are "dull" lol, just joking. Yes, I've seen on twitter, eh, might have to go buy a switch now.... It was a service I intended to always offer, but my real life work may get in way.

@garyopa is in bed with TX, so to hell with them, I will not install their product into anyones system. Just a FYI.

TX pissed me off years ago anyhow. No need to reply either gary, I'm sure this TX device will work out just as well as the True Blue dongle

;) dink

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This a great idea and solution, but actually, i never tried messing with my console like opening it. Let alone soldering tiny parts and pieces through the motherboard. (I dont like to mess with my $400 machine. It was hard earned money) This will be a great solution but will be truly inaccessible compared to TX. I hope they eventually come with a solution like TX. Its actually easier to create a USB drive from scratch with the layout and parts as compared to cracking your system wide open and messing the motherboard.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't bother with soldering so I'll stick to the tx solution for now

Last time I tried soldering I broke my 3ds and had to buy another one

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
That thing is stupidly huge right now. They can do so much better.

If they really needed a real soldering tester then they would just ask me. No one is more capable and willing.
-knock it off-

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
@DeadlyFoez - 18mm x 24mm is the actual size of SwitchME project proto by Team Rebug, how is that huge, between the sizes of dime and nickel, that to me is 'tiny' modchip.

@vb_encryption_vb - So in bed with TX (that is bad), in bed with open-source project from REBUG, I am still a baddie, how does that logic work out? -- BTW, RGH on X360 was open-source also, no one forced you to buy coolrunner's designs. -- And the Hitachi firmwares were all released for free by me, would you rather i have added DRM to it? -- And what about ps2 open-source project ICE, I supported and helped on that also.

Anyway, nasty comments are welcome, it just makes your shell tougher, I not a young punk that gets all 'scared' and 'bullied' and hangs himself because of stupid trolling words or pictures with dongles up my ass.

Haha! :)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@DeadlyFoez - 18mm x 24mm is the actual size of SwitchME project proto by Team Rebug, how is that huge, between the sizes of dime and nickel, that to me is 'tiny' modchip.

@vb_encryption_vb - So in bed with TX (that is bad), in bed with open-source project from REBUG, I am still a baddie, how does that logic work out? -- BTW, RGH on X360 was open-source also, no one forced you to buy coolrunner's designs. -- And the Hitachi firmwares were all released for free by me, would you rather i have added DRM to it? -- And what about ps2 open-source project ICE, I supported and helped on that also.

Anyway, nasty comments are welcome, it just makes your shell tougher, I not a young punk that gets all 'scared' and 'bullied' and hangs himself because of stupid trolling words or pictures with dongles up my ass.

Haha! :)
If you werent such a shmuck to me before then i wouldnt be hating on you as i did respect you at one point.

But, yes that pcb can be made so much smaller. Plenty of wasted space.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
If you werent such a shmuck to me before then i wouldnt be hating on you as i did respect you at one point.

Its just prototype, i am sure finished project will be reduced, and you could remove the 'testing led' stuff, since its internal that's a waste also. -- As for respect I always do, I am sorry if they 'tiny soldering' joke got out of hand, but I was not the only one doing it.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Its just prototype, i am sure finished project will be reduced, and you could remove the 'testing led' stuff, since its internal that's a waste also. -- As for respect I always do, I am sorry if they 'tiny soldering' joke got out of hand, but I was not the only one doing it.
It wasnt that. Rethink about how you completely shat on me when i made a previous thread with an autocorrection of the team xecutor name

-snip-

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

They say in the replies a few times that this is a prototype and that the release will be smaller.

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems to be some fun!
If any help is needed, i could help with the PCB Layout - did some verry neat and (tiny) designs in the past.

Ateoeight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@garyopa I'm definitely interested in your prototype, I've got me some modchip skills. I've done 360 modchips, portable GameCube build ( ribbon cable soldering rely tests a guys patience), a YouTube tut on the 3DS XL nand flash/backup... if there's future benefits to having a hardmod. Lemme know if I can volunteer as tribute.
I cannot post because I'm a newb, but I do have a few pics of my GameCube mockup...

Last edited by Ateoeight,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
A Tiny Open-Source ModChip Designed For Installing Inside A Nintendo Switch Console!
View attachment 125115

Hey, 'tiny solder man' where are you now? -- A Team is calling for you and your skills, check it out below:

It has to be noted, this is in the very early design stages, only 'prototypes' are being developed right now by their team, but they looking for a few testers that are good at soldering skills, so if you advanced user with expert skills, contact them and get on-board the project.

:arrow: Source
Ooh, that's interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So get up, get up, get up, get up, get up (so cash your checks and come up)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So get up, get up, get up, get up, get up (so cash your checks and come up)