Team Cyclops puts the low down on DSi piracy

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Link5084, Nov 4, 2008.

Nov 4, 2008
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10062

With the recent release of the DSi we have seen a great deal of discussion and speculation – we’d now like to give you the official word from Team Cyclops and clarify a few points.

The DSi is NOT compatible with CycloDS Evolution or ANY other similar device. We are currently looking into the specifics as to what is causing the incompatibilies and any potential solutions, but at this stage it is simply too early for us to be able to comment further. Rest assured that we will endeavour to resolve the current issues and bring the Team Cyclops line of products to the DSi.

Please check back regularly for further information as it becomes available.

2. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It really took a post that said "nothing" to make people shut up about "nothing"?
    A strange world we live in I say... [​IMG]

On a side note, +1 for a Group looking into expanding their territory into a "new" version
    of the Nintendo DS. Wonder how much that will cost them to develop [​IMG]

3. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    awesome. maybe its time for me to finally give up on my r4 [​IMG]

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

nah just wait there will be an update that will fix R4 computability one day with the DSi [​IMG] maby [​IMG]

5. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I lol'd IRL.. And who exactly will come out with this update?

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    it is great to read that one team is stepping forward into the public eye with dsi hacking. there are rumors from one of my sources that another team already has a working dsi flash kit. i'm pretty sure we will have a solution before the n. american release.

-another world

7. JJBro1

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if anyone can do it its TC. I hope they just update the current card and not make a new one all together.

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I'd love to hear what the flash card teams have to say about their claims that their cards are "future-proof."

9. baronluigi

Newcomer baronluigi Advanced Member

Spain
    Maybe Yasu will release a Ysmenu version for DSI XDDDDDDD

Na, its a joke xD

I will continue with my R4 (i have it since last year, and it works like the first day) until it explotes, burns and whatever happens XD

10. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Well, YASU already made a homebrew for DSi, let's hope he can work together with others to hack DSi

11. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    the cards are future proof for the nds lite which is what they where made for and advertised for.

12. retiredjerk

Member retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

team cyclops is pretty much stating the obivous. what flash team isnt working on the DSi right now.

13. striderx

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Consider too that the addition of the SD card slot may make the need for a Slot 1 hardware unnecessary. If this happens then our beloved flash cart functionality could become a software only solution. This would remove hardware sales as a revenue source for Team Cyclops and others and make it much easier to hack the DSi than any other handheld.

But I'm not holding my breath for this. I wonder if Nintendo has some hardware level design that would prevent running DS ROM's from the SD card slot in a manner similar to how Slot 2 GBA games can't be run from a Slot 1 source (without hardware help like a 3-in-1).

And then there's the new wrinkle of firmware updates via WiFi. The unboxing of a DSI posted here shows that out of the box there was a firmware update for it. Don't ya think that as exploits are created Ninty's going to shut them down as quickly as possible via firmare updates?

So what's this mean? Hold onto your DS, nearly all those 3,000 ROM's work perfectly fine and will continue to do so. You can expect that this will continue for future DS titles. The only thing we might miss are the DSi and DSWare titles, none of which are too compelling at this point.

Frankly though, I excited to see what the scene does with the DSi though I'm not chomping at the bit to get one... yet.

striderx

14. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Striderx.. One of the best posts I have read so far.. [​IMG]