Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've never done this kind of thing so I have a lot of questions. Just so you know, I already have Wiigator's Backup Launcher installed. I have a NTSC Wii with 3.3U without the shop update.

1. I've read that there's an update when you start the game. Is it true that Brick Blocker will get rid of it? Or do I have to use Gecko OS?

2. Do I have to change the region of the game? If so, how do I do that?

3. What type of DVD is recommended? DVD-R or DVD+R?

4. What's a good burn speed? I've read that a lot of people burn at 2X.

5. When I play the game, do I put it into the Wii and then use the Backup Launcher channel?

6. About how long does it take for Imgburn to burn the ISO on to the DVD?

Thanks.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
I've never done this kind of thing so I have a lot of questions. Just so you know, I already have Wiigator's Backup Launcher installed. I have a NTSC Wii with 3.3U without the shop update.

1. I've read that there's an update when you start the game. Is it true that Brick Blocker will get rid of it? Or do I have to use Gecko OS?

2. Do I have to change the region of the game? If so, how do I do that?

3. What type of DVD is recommended? DVD-R or DVD+R?

4. What's a good burn speed? I've read that a lot of people burn at 2X.

5. When I play the game, do I put it into the Wii and then use the Backup Launcher channel?

6. About how long does it take for Imgburn to burn the ISO on to the DVD?

Thanks.

1. If you have Gamma installed that should bypass the update I believe, theres some text in the beginning of the game some people thought was asking to update, but it is asking to create a save file, So dont get worried when you cant read the text.

2. Its only in Japanese, Gamma launcher has Region Free built in, meaning you wont need to change the region of the game, it will play in Japanese.

3. I prefer DVD-R, I dont think it matters much as long as it isnt DVD-RW

4. Dont burn at 2x! Go with 4x to half the DVD burn speed (Which is generally 16x) So burn at 4x-8x speed.

5. Yup. Just put the disk in and start up the launcher. Oh and depending on the games region, you may need to "force" it for another region. For instance with your setup, in the Backup Launcher settings, For a non US game, you would force the "NTSC" setting

6. I dont use imageburn. But I have a finished burn in about 20 minutes, shouldn't take too long

Hope this helps

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I have NTSC with 3.2U. No update was offered when I started the game

2. I didn't have to do anything to the ISO

3. I always burn using DVD+R without changing the booktype. It's a myth that you have to do all of that crap.

4. Again, another myth. As long as Safeburn or burnproof doesn't kick in, it doesn't matter what speed you burn your backups.

5. It doesn't matter in what order you do it, although I notice that inserting the DVD+R early on stresses the drive a bit. I just bring the channel and before I click to start it, I insert the DVD

6. Depends on the speed you burn it. It's a normal ISO/DVD, so at 2X, 30 mins, 4X 15, 8 X about 8 mins, etc.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be off topic but can we get a detailed button configuration list for this game?!?! For the Wii Remote/Nunchuck I figured this much...

Wii Remote Nunchuck Combination
...(A) = standard attacks
... = strong attacks
... (A)+ or Wii Remote waggle = special attacks (drains your special meter)
... Â = im still confused about this one
...{Z} or Nunchuck waggle = partner assist

...Thats all I could figure out. I'm still trying to figure out how to switch characters. I think it has something to do with holding {Z} but I'm not sure...
tongue.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sirdashadow said:
3. I always burn using DVD+R without changing the booktype. It's a myth that you have to do all of that crap.
It's not a myth. You probably just have a drive that booktypes by default.

1. Using Gamma, I had no update notification. You should be fine.

2. No need to change region.

3. DVD-R is recommended. DVD+R may or may not work for you depending on your drive.

4. I would burn at 4x speed.

5. Put the disc in first, then run the launcher. Though like sirdashadow said, order doesn't really matter.

6. Using Nero, it takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

QUOTE(LightyKD @ Dec 15 2008, 09:50 PM) This might be off topic but can we get a detailed button configuration list for this game?!?! For the Wii Remote/Nunchuck I figured this much...

... = strong attacks
... © = im still confused about this one

...Thats all I could figure out. I'm still trying to figure out how to switch characters. I think it has something to do with holding {Z} but I'm not sure...
tongue.gif

I have not played with Nunchuck, so I cannot help you with the controls. Tag out is Back and Z (Or Back and Partner, for whatever controller your playing with).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameDragon said:
sirdashadow said:
It's not a myth. You probably just have a drive that booktypes by default.

1. Using Gamma, I had no update notification. You should be fine.

2. No need to change region.

3. DVD-R is recommended. DVD+R may or may not work for you depending on your drive.

4. I would burn at 4x speed.

5. Put the disc in first, then run the launcher. Though like sirdashadow said, order doesn't really matter.

6. Using Nero, it takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

QUOTE(LightyKD @ Dec 15 2008, 09:50 PM) This might be off topic but can we get a detailed button configuration list for this game?!?! For the Wii Remote/Nunchuck I figured this much...

... = strong attacks
... © = im still confused about this one

tongue.gif

I have not played with Nunchuck, so I cannot help you with the controls. Tag out is Back and Z (Or Back and Partner, for whatever controller your playing with).

Can you list the control configuration for the control style you are using... I'm basically trying to make a "key" for all of the
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom noobs here...

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use Hori Fighting Stick (which is the same as classic controller). These are default controls by the way.

y = Light Attack
x = Medium Attack
a/L = Heavy Attack
b = Partner
R = All 3 Attacks (Can be used for Dashing or Adv. Guarding)
Minus = Taunt

Do you need the advanced stuff too (Baroque, Variable Raids, etc.)?

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! I didn't expect replies so fast! Thanks a lot guys! So I don't need to worry about Gecko OS, Brick Blocker, or any other extra applications to get it work? Just making sure. xD

I also have another question, but it's about the controls. Should I use the Wii remote and Nunchuk or a Gamecube controller?

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Wow! I didn't expect replies so fast! Thanks a lot guys! So I don't need to worry about Gecko OS, Brick Blocker, or any other extra applications to get it work? Just making sure. xD

I also have another question, but it's about the controls. Should I use the Wii remote and Nunchuk or a Gamecube controller?
Depending on how good you are in fighters, the Wiimote/Nunchuck has the most simplistic controls and the GameCube/Classic controller has the most accurate. I haven't played the game with a GC Controller so I can't recommend it. It doesn't seem built for fighting games at all in my opinion.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameDragon said:
I use Hori Fighting Stick (which is the same as classic controller). These are default controls by the way.

y = Light Attack
x = Medium Attack
a/L = Heavy Attack
b = Partner
R = All 3 Attacks (Can be used for Dashing or Adv. Guarding)
Minus = Taunt

Do you need the advanced stuff too (Baroque, Variable Raids, etc.)?
...anyone know the Gamecube Controller configuration?

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I rarely play fighters, so I can't say I'm good. But I'll give them both a try and see what's best suited for me. Thanks for your opinion!

By the way, I just remembered another question. When you start the game up, are you not supposed to have a Gamecube controller or memory card plugged in? I read that some text pops up or something.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
...anyone know the Gamecube Controller configuration?
Courtesy of GFAQs.

Y = Light Attack
A = Medium Attack
X = Heavy Attack
B = Partner
R = 3 Attacks
Z = Taunt
L = Heavy Attack

QUOTE(Zaiga @ Dec 15 2008, 10:19 PM) Well I rarely play fighters, so I can't say I'm good. But I'll give them both a try and see what's best suited for me. Thanks for your opinion!

By the way, I just remembered another question. When you start the game up, are you not supposed to have a Gamecube controller or memory card plugged in? I read that some text pops up or something.
Game works just fine with GC controller plugged and memory card. Atleast for me.

Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm alright then, thanks for the fast answers everyone! I have a couple more question XD. Does the type of computer affect the burn speed or quality? I'm kind of worried about that, since my computer isn't really good. And is it DVD-R or DVD+R that needs the booktype changed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: my timezone EST