Hardware Tapping the WiiU gamepad video signal from the WiiU motherboard.

Lamhirh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi people,

I was wondering is someone already tried to tap the video signal of the WiiU gamepad before it is sent to the Broadcom BCM chip.
I was not able to find any good documentation on the subject apart from the fact that the signal is most probably already encoded in h264 by the cpu.
Therefore, I go back to my question about tapping that signal on the WiiU motherboard, has anyone tried it, or investigated that possibility?

Thank you in advance,

Last edited by Lamhirh,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it once, nothing happens it just stops responding or sending signals just like the on the original Wii and GameCube console (the one with the handle.)

Its specialized to detect Bluetooth but also infer-red. So there's no way to do it unless you had the original RCM dumps of the Wii U.

What your planning on doing with it besides connecting a controller to the console or use the infer-red technology, I have no ideas.

Lamhirh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tap the signal and then do what with it?

Well decode it and output the signal to a secondary monitor.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did it once, nothing happens it just stops responding or sending signals just like the on the original Wii and GameCube console (the one with the handle.)

Its specialized to detect Bluetooth but also infer-red. So there's no way to do it unless you had the original RCM dumps of the Wii U.

What your planning on doing with it besides connecting a controller to the console or use the infer-red technology, I have no ideas.

In your opinion, could we then tap the decoded signal on a secondary modified gamepad to output it on a monitor?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well decode it and output the signal to a secondary monitor.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In your opinion, could we then tap the decoded signal on a secondary modified gamepad to output it on a monitor?
You can't. But you can sync more than one wiimote at the same time to the console (same on the Wii.) However only one controller works, its a really weird technique used on the home menu and on some games.

In theory you could connect as many as 4 wii u gamepads to the screen and 8 controllers. But by the time you do that, the Wii U wouldn't have any controller funtionallity besides or beyond displaying images on screen.
You don't tap it though on the monitor. You tap it on the screen or its TV setup through hacking methods but the console doesn't have these levels of makeshift. The only homebrew application as far as I know. Is TCPGecko. But TCPGecko doesn't use or take up any Homebrew utillites. It just runs in the background. So you could but you would need a homebrew application and CFW to start with and maybe more than one sync button.

Last edited by petethepug,

Lamhirh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We deviated a bit from the main topic, I do know about streaming through a browser (although quite imperfect) but the purpose of the hack, modification or maybe the recreation of the circuitry of the gamepad would be to being able to display the gamepad screen to a monitor.

- I have been looking for the datasheet of the wiiu gamepad screen without success... maybe someone may have more luck than me.
- I have tried to find the digital video signal for the gamepad on the WiiU, I can't find it as it seems it is encoded by the cpu in a h264 variant then sent to the broadcom chip.

Out of ideas, but won't give up, I want to play my WiiUs with two monitors.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far, listening in on the wi-fi signal or modifying the GamePad with capture are the only known methods. Tapping the video rendering before output and copying it to a separate ED display would be possible for certain, but the question is how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol +1