GCN Tales of Symphonia Undub

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a lot of voiced cut scenes are missing. Also rumble is missing for some reason except in the part where you crash into tethealla. That part isnt dubbed and has eng voices. At least make sure the original games functions work with your process lol. Was kinda funny when the one part of the game that wasn't unubbed actually rumbled lol

julianuf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you read the OP, but:

Be aware this is a beta release. I have not thoroughly tested it. If you find any bugs, I would prefer tracking it through an issue on github, but you may post here as well. Please be as detailed as you can, and include a save file if possible.

Outside of testing known issues, I have literally done zero additional testing. Let alone actually playing the game.

If you could provide a save file I can investigate and add to the to-do list. Otherwise, it may be quite a while before I bother doing a thorough testing playthrough.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really want to thank you for working on this patch again!! Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time and it never had a definitive edition for me, since the original English release doesn't have voiced Skits and the PS3/Steam versions don't run at 60 fps. By making the GameCube version have voiced skits with English text you made the definitive Tales of Symphonia experience!! So thank you, thank you very much!!!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to thank you for working on this patch again!! Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time and it never had a definitive edition for me, since the original English release doesn't have voiced Skits and the PS3/Steam versions don't run at 60 fps. By making the GameCube version have voiced skits with English text you made the definitive Tales of Symphonia experience!! So thank you, thank you very much!!!
My favorite tales game for sure.

crazyffet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like a lot of voiced cut scenes are missing. Also rumble is missing for some reason except in the part where you crash into tethealla. That part isnt dubbed and has eng voices.

I don't know if you read the OP, but:

Outside of testing known issues, I have literally done zero additional testing. Let alone actually playing the game.

If you could provide a save file I can investigate and add to the to-do list. Otherwise, it may be quite a while before I bother doing a thorough testing playthrough.
i have done a complete playthrough of this undub, beginning of the game to the end, and the only scene that was still in english was the scene where they crash the rheairds.

there were also no "missing voiced cutscenes" and the rumble feature worked just fine like it was supposed to, so i dont know what the dude on the first page was talking about. i have played this game enough times to know which scenes are voiced and which ones are not. symphonia just didn't choose to voice all the important story cutscenes for some reason. something thats interesting is that the english dub actually had one more voiced cutscene compared to the japanese version (the vharley terrace scene with regal).

everything worked fine, great actually. one thing to note is that u have to be careful changing disks. going from undub to a dubbed iso will break compatibility and cause dolphin to crash, i would imagine it would be the same on nintendont or whatever gamecube loader used.

if u have any questions on my experiences playing, feel free to reply and i'll try my best to answer them.

haughty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, using Nintendont on my wii, hitting a hard crash pretty consistently shortly after the title screen starts, hopefully I didn't mess up during the patching portion, I can try again tonight. But yeah real hardware with Nintendont doesn't seem to be working.

KurusKururu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to sound silly, but is it possible to get the Japanese voiced skits WHILE leaving the original English cutscene dialogue?

BoneheadBraixen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question, but has anyone converted Tales of Symphonia's Action Replay codes to work with the Undub? Or do they not require modification?

Please have mercy on this filthy cheater :blush:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1