YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
right, i got Tales of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World NTSC about a month or 2 ago now, i'm using a PAL wii, and whenever i burn a copy it just plain doesnt work lol.

I have cIOS_rev9 installed and plan to keep it that way because it's the most stable version AND i've never once had an issue with backup game loading before (besides that, IOS249 is neglected in my loading method...)

i use cIOSCORP, for loading through the disc channel, it looks more professional and i find it has perfect compatibility for in and out of region games (with preloader region free hacks on) as far as i've tested. the only issue i've had is with this game...

now, i've been playing the game for ages through USB Loader and there is no issue with the game whatsoever, which means it's a good ISO, and the reason i'm putting it on disc is because my HDD is only 160GB and i'll run out of space pretty soon, so if i want to delete some games from the HDD the games are always on disc to re-rip to the HDD whenever. Good thinkin eh?

anyways, the issue is that: the game will show up in the disc channel, but when start is pressed the wii will freeze on a black screen and be unresponsive for a few seconds, then any button presson on the wii remote just makes it flash but not sync. and the wii needs a hard reset too. BUT eject still works and so does putting in a disc even when frozen lol

to be fair i've only tried two burns, and the one i just tried was burned at 8x accidentally so i reckon thats a burn error. and i think the first one might have been 8x to because i didnt want to wait 13 minutes rather than 8
tongue.gif

so i think it's just bad burns to be honest, just thought i'd ask in case though.

SPECS:
4.0E (region free hacks, all trucha bug IOS, also means there are no missing IOS)
cIOSCORP (with IOS60BF.wad)
cIOS_rev9 (irelevant (cant spell
tongue.gif
) anyways)

and that should be all you need to deduce the problem
tongue.gif

thanks guys

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
*face palm*

You can't have all IOS with trucha bug installed and have cioscorp at the same time. That's just plain impossible. Or did you mean since you have cioscorp all your IOS have the trucha bug? Well that would not be worth mentioning.

That should be the cause of your problem. And after fixing this, i hope your disc channel can play NTSC games in NTSC or you patched the game to PAL.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thats weird i was playing that game for a while on my wii when i was on 3.2E i will try it now i am on 4.0E but i would HIGHLY recommend cIOS rev 10 as i think it is very stable and has a higher compatibility rating ( you could always upgrade and if you want rev 9 back re-install 9) anyway ill report back in a sec after trying (which discs are you using)

p.s i burned at 4x using verbatim dvd-r

EDIT: yeah it still works for me guess it must be CIOScorp tuff luck man but i mean CIOScorp is kinda pointless now

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
You can't have all IOS with trucha bug installed and have cioscorp at the same time. That's just plain impossible. Or did you mean since you have cioscorp all your IOS have the trucha bug? Well that would not be worth mentioning.

That should be the cause of your problem. And after fixing this, i hope your disc channel can play NTSC games in NTSC or you patched the game to PAL.
ye thats what i meant, i have cIOSCORP installed which in turn leaves me with trucha bugged IOS since they are all old versions of IOS...

i know that my PAL wii can play NTSC games because Guitar hero metallica NTSC works perfectly via disc and USB Loader game channels that i like to make, also looks pro
tongue.gif

and i didnt exactly get what you meant the problem was :S you made it sound like because i have the trucha bug the game wont work XD

sorry!

jjc1992 said:
i would HIGHLY recommend cIOS rev 10 as i think it is very stable and has a higher compatibility rating
i wouldnt, as i said, i'm using cIOSCORP which means IOS249 is neglectable.

QUOTE(jjc1992 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:12 PM)
EDIT: yeah it still works for me guess it must be CIOScorp tuff luck man but i mean CIOScorp is kinda pointless now
and please think about it before attempting to noob me out or whatever you're doing.

cIOSCORP is obsolete yes, BUT when i'm ripping a game from the HDD to the PC i always have the backup discs to use, since the games take so long to rip it'd waste valuable play time if i waited an hour for a game to rip lol.

which is why cIOSCORP is good to have, backup disc loading when the HDD is busy.

plus, how is that meant to help when you didnt even mention which loader you're using?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure that anyone was trying to noob you out but it is mostly noobs who use cIOSCORP so it's going to be kind of hard to find anyone willing to try and replicate/correct this type of problem.

From the sounds of it, it is most likely a bad burn if your other games seem to work for you. I'm not aware of any special circumstances regarding this game. Have you tried a slower burn since your last post?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The point is that a trucha bugged IOS is something totally different than the cIOS from cioscorp. You sound like you installed some trucha bugged IOS over your cioscorp cIOS. Since you use cioscorp, installing even one single trucha bugged IOS is plain stupid.

And i think you really have no idea about anything: "i can play ONE NTSC game fine, so all NTSC games will work", is proof that there's a lot you don't understand.

And sorry for the tone, but there are just too many people not knowing their stuff while thinking they do, and i'm just tired of all of them.

EdsonLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know about you guys but, all i do on my NTSC wii to play PAL games, is i just installed starfall.......simple fix, none of this CIOS crap. The IOS doesn't do crap with the region coding...
sleep.gif
In order to use starfall though you have to install it on euro wii's with 3.2e, and american wii's with 3.2U or else you'll brick your wii...VERY BAD! hope this helps! so ya, downgrade to 3.2 if you aren't on it already and install starfall. and you won't have to use the option "patch PAL" or anything like that, at least i dont.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EdsonLa said:
i dont know about you guys but, all i do on my NTSC wii to play PAL games, is i just installed starfall.......simple fix, none of this CIOS crap. The IOS doesn't do crap with the region coding...
sleep.gif
In order to use starfall though you have to install it on euro wii's with 3.2e, and american wii's with 3.2U or else you'll brick your wii...VERY BAD! hope this helps! so ya, downgrade to 3.2 if you aren't on it already and install starfall. and you won't have to use the option "patch PAL" or anything like that, at least i dont.

You don't know too much either. The correct region hacks from preloader are as good as the one from starfall. And the problem with some import games that they will just freeze with a green screen from disc channel because of missing video modes.

EdsonLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i may not have a PHD in hacking and shtuff, nor did i ever say that i knew everything there is about softmodding the wii, but i mean all i did was install starfall and i didn't hassle with all this custom IOS stuff, i really didn't, and how is it that i'm able to play every single wii game in this world whether it be on a disc or an iso? Its hard to find a preloader with the correct region hacks, but starfall just helps out Waninkoko's usbloader. i'm just telling the dude who asked the question what i did, and how he can do what i do, which works like a charm.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EdsonLa said:
well i may not have a PHD in hacking and shtuff, nor did i ever say that i knew everything there is about softmodding the wii, but i mean all i did was install starfall and i didn't hassle with all this custom IOS stuff, i really didn't, and how is it that i'm able to play every single wii game in this world whether it be on a disc or an iso? Its hard to find a preloader with the correct region hacks, but starfall just helps out Waninkoko's usbloader. i'm just telling the dude who asked the question what i did, and how he can do what i do, which works like a charm.

Actually cioscorp is really as easy as you describe it, if:
1. you don't overwrite IOS from cioscorp with trucha bugged IOS 'cause it's cool or whatever
2. you play games from YOUR region
3. you have any method to skip disc updates

PartyMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
and please think about it before attempting to noob me out or whatever you're doing.

cIOSCORP is obsolete yes, BUT when i'm ripping a game from the HDD to the PC i always have the backup discs to use, since the games take so long to rip it'd waste valuable play time if i waited an hour for a game to rip lol.

which is why cIOSCORP is good to have, backup disc loading when the HDD is busy.

plus, how is that meant to help when you didnt even mention which loader you're using?

you realize there are loaders you can install that are capable of running burned backups from HBC, WiiPower himself manages one of them NeoGamma I believe its called, if you have the Homebrew Channel you can just toss it into the apps folder and voila run it and you can run backups. Yes that means you have to spend a couple of seconds going to HBC then starting NeoGamma, or finding a forwarder or standalone channel. But it removes the problem of reripping games. The only benefit of CIOSCORP from your point of view is that it allows you to run backups from the disc channel.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
......Don't see what everyone's problem is with cIOSCORP. All you have to do is install regionfree Starfall then install cIOSCORP then preloader 2.9........no fiddling with IOSs......no need for DVDx......no stupid .002 error patches or any other patches......almost 100% capatiblity .....(so far the ONLY game I haven't got to work is Wii Sports Resort-J (bricked my wii on that game LoL)But its back now. But that had nothing to do with cIOSCORP) and never have to go into Hombrew channel ever again....cept to run gc games if they are multi game disks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY