Tales of symphonia 2 problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Mr.kuchinawa, Nov 16, 2008.

Nov 16, 2008
  1. Mr.kuchinawa
    OP

Newcomer Mr.kuchinawa Advanced Member

Norway
    Hi. I'm not entierly sure where to put this, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. Anyway:

I have some problems with tales of symphonia 2 US edition on my PAL machine. The unmodified ISO boots fine under gecko os, but it does have some problems:
    1. Small, white spots during cutscenes at random places (not a big problem, I can live with it, but..)
    2. Extremely noisy dvd-drive that works almost all the time (my biggest worry)
    3. Rare "disk read errors" while loading a sequence in-game
    4. Sound seem to fade a little in and out during battles

My burner is of ok-quality and use verbatim DVDs, and I haven't had this problem with other games. I also brickblocked and region-freed the iso on another dvd, but all of the problems prevail... My modchip is a d2cKey if that has anything to do with it. I haven't updated myself with the latest "wii-hacking" news in a while, so I am sorry if I'm asking about something "obvious"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. darkriku197

Newcomer darkriku197 Advanced Member

United States
    i have the same problem.
    D2Ckey, verbatim dvd+r's but im using the same region disk and wii. Havent checked the news in a while either. D=. And im constantly getting disk read errors with TOS. All of my other games work fine

3. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Under Wiigator loader (gamma) it runs fine the amount of disk reading is extreme , so far the media (burned 4x) is holding up.

4. Mr.kuchinawa
    OP

Norway
    Right. I'm more worried about the actual lens than the noise itself. Could burn speed affect it? or is the game simply designed like this?

Side question: If I use the original disk when it arrives to the Europe, will the game still be able to utilize the save from the NTSC version of the game?

Btw: I've only gotten disk read error once.

5. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    maybe , my EU save of ToS didnt get recognized of the GC memory card it tried to read

6. Mr.kuchinawa
    OP

Norway
    hmm.. and no way to convert it either?

7. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    question: is it a Dual Layer disk? or normal DVD5?

8. Mr.kuchinawa
    OP

Norway
    normal DVD5.

9. DrHectic

Newcomer DrHectic Advanced Member

Australia
    If you're wondering, the white spots are caused by the sparkles that come along with the quill-like cursor icon that seem to like to load in right after the close of a cutscene. I'm running this game perfectly fine on my chipped wii and I've also noticed it's quite loud - probably because of all the data it is constantly streaming off the disc so I think the noise is normal (much like SSBB).

10. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    how fuck did you get it to work? i've tried everything it refuses to load on my pal wiikey! tried using wiifrri it failed, menu loader failed and gecko os wont work for me. [​IMG]

11. DrHectic

Newcomer DrHectic Advanced Member

Australia
    Have you tried using a the freeloader? Try setting the screen to 60Hz (or EDTV if you have component cables, which is what i'm using) and use the freeloader. Worked for me.