ROM Hack Tales of Hearts - English Translation

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure there's much difference in localization ideologies, really. I would think any incompatibilities our projects have would be on the hacking/management end. For example, we probably have different systems in place for extracting/inserting the script, plus a different font (which means text must be re-formatted to make sure it fits correctly). So at least for now, I'd probably want to stay separate, though a team-up in the future is definitely an option, assuming you're still up for that at that point.

If we want to pool resources on the translation end, though, I'm definitely up for that -- there's not many people who have the skills, time, and interest to translate Hearts.

Caphi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd ideally prefer it if everyone just merged together. Parallel redundant projects make me sad.

Failing that, though, I'm still totally up for collaboration.

SageKyle

DarkSageKyle
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well Ok, So its good to know the merging is an option, But to both of you guys and your team.. GOOD LUCK And have Fun
smile.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could just get a new font that benifits both teams if it's the only problem. I dunno which fonts anyone uses, but I bet there are better fonts then both of them out there.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
You could just get a new font that benifits both teams if it's the only problem. I dunno which fonts anyone uses, but I bet there are better fonts then both of them out there.

That would mean that all of the work that the editors on the CN team have put into getting line lengths just right with our font would become garbage. And I am not just talking about item descriptions, I am talking about much text heavier areas of the game such as the Synopsis and some of the script. Also, you just don't find NFTR based fonts. You either edit the game's font to look better or you take a font from another game. For the CN project, we have reached the point that completely redoing the font would make little sense. Only minuscule adjustments will be made.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have two announcements coming up. One very big one and one not-so-big but still important announcement. I can guarantee that both will please a lot of people.

I will announce very, very soon. I just need to check some things with the rest of the team first.

UPDATE
http://crimson-nocturnal.com/forums/topic/...-announcements/

There are your announcements!
smile.gif

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
neoxephon said:
We have two announcements coming up. One very big one and one not-so-big but still important announcement. I can guarantee that both will please a lot of people.

I will announce very, very soon. I just need to check some things with the rest of the team first.

UPDATE
http://crimson-nocturnal.com/forums/topic/...-announcements/

There are your announcements!
smile.gif

Actually, the first two announcements are very big for me.

Thanks man!
wub.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I was wondering why you have decided to release a patch early (obviously it wasn't peer pressure from noobs) ?
I'll wait for the full translation because I already played a little (until getting the 4th party member
laugh.gif
) and I really want to understand whats going on (and skits too).

I don't care about the names (people will find anything to bitch about), I have my own names to give them.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site is down because my web host, which was two people that I knew, vanished and my guess is they stopped paying the server bill. I'm looking for another web host.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soulshine said:
The site is down, but what are the 2 announcements?

Edit: So, there has been an early patch release?

Actually no,
Neoxephon said that a early patch WILL come, before his site went down.
It said that it will probably be here in some months.
That version of the patch would have everything except:
- the talking
- skits
- and anything other major thing that has something to do with talking translated.

So you would only have the menu, the battles and those things.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Wow, that is like the 5th(?) time you change sites
frown.gif

Maybe GBATemp could make a TL groups dedicated forum or something similar.
I think that the patch is awesome, (I played the game until a certain point but didn't feel like going on because nothing is TL'ed
glare.gif
) whenever the patch is up I'll use it for my first play through and use the final version (there will be only 2 patches right ?) for the second one.

Keep it up !
grog.gif
grog.gif

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see this patch completed, hope everything is going well.

I'm sick of registering for your fucking forums, though, quit moving so much. I've expressed my design to help, or at least follow, in a couple places, but you're so unstable.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thekow said:
Can't wait to see this patch completed, hope everything is going well.

I'm sick of registering for your fucking forums, though, quit moving so much. I've expressed my design to help, or at least follow, in a couple places, but you're so unstable.

And because the people that host us decide to vanish out of thin air and not pay their bills, this is my fault how? Don't register for the forums, then. No one is making you.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have gameplay videos of Tales of Hearts or savestates? Playing it on an emulator isn't going to work for translating purposes. Saved states around the time where you have to go to that mountain to save Kohaku would be best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii