Gaming Tales of Graces kinda unpopular...

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Could the people please stop fanboying in this thread?

@Topic: I'm positive that this game will come to NA. Tales of Symphonia sold pretty well and I don't see why they should not localize it, there's just no reason.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
MarkDarkness said:
I don't understand why nobody is bringing Tales over in this generation... hell, they did in the past two, didn't they? Also:

Ossot said:
I gotta question for Tales fans. Do they all play like Symphonia? I tried to get into it, but it was just like watching a really bad anime, and not so much like playing a game.
Perhaps if you spent more than an hour with the game? Symphonia is a game that builds on you, rather than desperately trying to gratificate you in the first hour like the average Squaresoft game. It is one of the best console RPGs ever, much better than most Final Fantasies.

Thats a matter of opinion, I bet if we could ask every console RPG fan which they rated best any 'tales of..' title or any 'final fantasy', it'd probably be a near-split.

Also, Final Fantasy 7 is one of the best selling RPGs ever, thats gotta say something.

Personally I think FF is far better than 'Tales of ..' games, at least 9 and below, anyway. I do think Crystal Chronicles series & most newer FF's had nothing on the Tales games though. So, I guess my preference is the early Final Fantasy's, but overall, taking the whole of both series into consideration, I'd judge them pretty even .. :/

I do agree that Tales of Symphonia (both Wii & GC ones) were 75% story and 25% gameplay, and I played both to the end. Personally, that didn't bother me though, I kinda like the way it played out, almost like an interactive anime ..

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
way to bump some old stuff. But since I was in one of your quotes

I've since played Vesperia since asking about the series. Versperia rocks. Symphonia (wii) is just horrible. It's like they sat around and said "How can we make the worst fucking protagonist in the history of story telling"

As for the previous post though, FF13 is pretty awesome. I'm only 18 hours in, but i'd personally rank it well above Vesperia, and as I said, fuck Symphonia. It's like watching a really really really bad anime.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
It's like they sat around and said "How can we make the worst fucking protagonist in the history of story telling"

Lol, it's so fucking true. I wanted to jump into my TV screen and stab him in the face. He's a complete fucking pussy who doesn't even qualify for a vagina. All he does is cry, get pushed around, and get scared. Every time. Usually I can ignore a story in face of the gameplay, but this was too much. Not to mention the game features horrific voice acting.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I've gotta agree with the worst protagonist line, and even his 'friends' that he travels with, they all act like 10 year olds in certain situations, I'm surprised they left the school house to go find their missing teacher, in the beginning, much less travel a completely hostile land on some 'save everyone' quest. The story does contradict itself in that respect, lol.

I do hope graces gets locallised though.. :>

note : I haven't played FFXIII, but I have heard a lot of good things, and would hope to play through it at some point. Also, as for bumping a month old topic, I gotta say I didn't even notice it was a month old as it was still on the first forum page, besides I dont think this type of discussion is exactly a time sensitive one, but anyway, when I saw the post saying (effectively) FF series is s*!t compared to Symphonia, I had to add my 2 cents .. ;>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.