Take-Two Considering some M-Rated Content for Wii!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“We believe we’ll continue to benefit from the growing install base of the Nintendo Wii. Our relationship with Nintendo has never been stronger. (What we have now is a) great foundation on which to build. Even some of the M-rated content that we think is much more appropriate for the [Xbox] 360 or the PS3… we have to look at the Wii as a viable platform, because we can’t ignore that install base…We just can’t.” - CEO Ben Feder

News Source: GoNintendo

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People shouldn't get too excited. Maybe a GTA spin off in the future but thats all I really foresee unless Rockstar's new original IP driven development studio is looking at Wii.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweets I love news that states some day there might be news!!! While we are on such a topic I want Mortal Kombat Wii, and GTA Wii!

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Banger said:
Sweets I love news that states some day there might be news!!! While we are on such a topic I want Mortal Kombat Wii!
There was Mortal Kombat Wii...and it was crap.

Really I only recall one for the DS. But I am talking about a good Mortal Kombat game such as the ones on the snes with out actually playing those. Also a street fighter wii would be nice.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:
dinofan01 said:
Banger said:
Sweets I love news that states some day there might be news!!! While we are on such a topic I want Mortal Kombat Wii!

Really I only recall one for the DS. But I am talking about a good Mortal Kombat game such as the ones on the snes with out actually playing those. Also a street fighter wii would be nice.
They did. They ported Mortal Kombat Armageddon a little after launch. Get the new vs. capcom game if you want street fighter. I think will port SF4 eventually though.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd still like a Grand Theft Auto Wii: Mii City to be released
biggrin.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
dinofan01 said:
Banger said:

Like every other Mortal Kombat these days
sleep.gif

But yeah, the motion controls were awful in that game..

Now, I would like to see a GTA built from ground up for the Wii like they're doing with Chinatown Wars on the DS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I want a new GTA to be honest, GTA 4 just bored me. If they do another that had a more sand feel, and maybe even set somewhere a lot different than that would be great.

If they ever do a Wii game, we won't see it for ages. The DS game has had about two years development time. Of course they could just use the old engine or port a ps2 game but that's not something I'd want.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the most important points the TC left out of his/her post was the fact that Take Two said it's way too early to make any decision about such a move.

As much as I appreciate the contributions you and others like War have been making to the User Submitted News forum, I don't think everything qualifies as news. This is a good example, in my opinion, of one of those situations.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: