mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you have 2 two questions:
1a. possibly, friend did it on gameboy (mono)
only works, if the games have the same board, so you only switch a chip
1b. i have seen a guide on the net for building a snes module with secret of mana 2 (seiken densetsu 3) on it: it involved flashing eeproms and substituting
so my answer for 1 is: possibly, but it's really hard

2. i have seen no gba games for vc, so i guess not

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is possible but it is a lot of work. You'd be better off buying a flash cart. Probably cheaper too.

What is involved though. Well first of all you'd have to desolder the mask ROM chip (the IC that contains the game) and then you'd have to solder a flashRAM chip in its place and you'd also need a custom programmer that could interface with the GBA port on the cart and also would be able to program the chip through the circuitry that is there.

You'd end up having to build a flashRAM chip onto the cart and also would have to build a programmer. I've done it before with GB/GBC, but I haven't heard of anyone making one from scratch for GBA.

Or I guess you could use an eeprom programmer and program an eeprom and solder it right onto where the mask ROM was. But I dunno why anyone would want to do either of these two things. It'd waste a lot of time.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
It is possible but it is a lot of work. You'd be better off buying a flash cart. Probably cheaper too.

What is involved though. Well first of all you'd have to desolder the mask ROM chip (the IC that contains the game) and then you'd have to solder a flashRAM chip in its place and you'd also need a custom programmer that could interface with the GBA port on the cart and also would be able to program the chip through the circuitry that is there.

You'd end up having to build a flashRAM chip onto the cart and also would have to build a programmer. I've done it before with GB/GBC, but I haven't heard of anyone making one from scratch for GBA.

Or I guess you could use an eeprom programmer and program an eeprom and solder it right onto where the mask ROM was. But I dunno why anyone would want to do either of these two things. It'd waste a lot of time.

^ This... Everyone ignore the fact that this is way over my head... But I wish I could do these things.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
To put another game on a legit cart looks like this, requires LOTS of soldering and knowhow to program a chip:
16mbit.jpg

As for the Wad files, NO need to, someone already made emulators for the wii. Currently Wii doesn't do GBA in the virtual console. You should be asking in the wii section for that.

It is faster to just buy a real game or a flashcart to play games on like the EZ-Flash IV, and your assured to be able to play games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc