Is thermal paste required every time you take apart switch?

rookiesearcher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I am planning on making a little bit of money by buying and repairing broken Nintendo switches. I already have one in, a new battery coming for it, and thermal paste. My question is this: do I have to buy and apply new thermal paste every time I take a switch apart?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've taken my switch apart a few times and never put any new thermal paste in it! I probably should have but I just kept the old stuff that was in it and never had any issues yet!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I am planning on making a little bit of money by buying and repairing broken Nintendo switches. I already have one in, a new battery coming for it, and thermal paste. My question is this: do I have to buy and apply new thermal paste every time I take a switch apart?

If it is dry out/use up then replace it, if you play a lot, probably good idea to replace the thermal paste, my old v1 thermal paste was almost all gone from continually use of 1 year or so.

Last edited by Hayato213,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You only HAVE to re-apply paste when you remove the heatsink from the SoC, but as previous responses said, it's good practice to also do it every once in a while to ensure it's always in good condition.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto