OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

Ok so I've been following the great guide here http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide

And have been through all of the steps but my System Update still says Ver 3.2E and not 4.2. Also Neogamma just gives a black screen when it tries to load so its certainly not right.

AFAIK everything went to plan the only differences I could see were on this page here:-

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

(offline)

QUOTE said:
5. Run Any Title Deleter MOD and choose IOS36 and press A. Navigate to System Titles and press A. Find IOS 222, 223, 249, 250. Press A twice to uninstall them.

I could not find any of those IOS's to uninstall, so I carried on.

After step 6 I installed Wanin as advised

Step 7 (DOP-IOS) said it required a network connection so I set that up and went back in and ran it through. All went well and I restarted, but I'm still not running the correct patched IOS by the look of it?

Any idea where I start to look

Apologies, I have also posted on their forums but they aren't as busy as here and I kind of hoped someone else on here may have seen this

TIA

Gary

gmanls20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm now wondering if you can actually do what I'm trying to do, by going from 3.2E to 4.2.

Can anyone confirm if that is possible or should I be going to 3.2E to 4.1 and then to 4.2?

gmanls20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right I used xzxzero's guide instead (props) and I'm on 4.2 now
smile.gif

Although now and its because I have a Wiikey I believe I get error #001 unauthorized device has been detected when trying to launch games from Neogamma.

It seems the Wiikey its causing more problems now even though I don't want to use it. Is there any way to disable the Wiikey and would it stop this error 001? I assume pure sofmodders don't get this error?

TIA

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gmanls20 said:
Hi all,

Ok so I've been following the great guide here http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide

And have been through all of the steps but my System Update still says Ver 3.2E and not 4.2. Also Neogamma just gives a black screen when it tries to load so its certainly not right.

AFAIK everything went to plan the only differences I could see were on this page here:-

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

(offline)

QUOTE said:
5. Run Any Title Deleter MOD and choose IOS36 and press A. Navigate to System Titles and press A. Find IOS 222, 223, 249, 250. Press A twice to uninstall them.

I could not find any of those IOS's to uninstall, so I carried on.

After step 6 I installed Wanin as advised

Step 7 (DOP-IOS) said it required a network connection so I set that up and went back in and ran it through. All went well and I restarted, but I'm still not running the correct patched IOS by the look of it?

Any idea where I start to look

Apologies, I have also posted on their forums but they aren't as busy as here and I kind of hoped someone else on here may have seen this

TIA

Gary

did you install IOS70 then the system menu WAD?
those are the only 2 things that are required to update to 4.2

gmanls20 said:
I'm now wondering if you can actually do what I'm trying to do, by going from 3.2E to 4.2.

Can anyone confirm if that is possible or should I be going to 3.2E to 4.1 and then to 4.2?
yes, its possible to update to any firmware, so long as you have the active system menu IOS installed first. so install v6174 oof IOS60, then the 4.1 system menu wad.

QUOTE(gmanls20 @ Dec 17 2009, 09:59 AM)
Right I used xzxzero's guide instead (props) and I'm on 4.2 now
smile.gif

Although now and its because I have a Wiikey I believe I get error #001 unauthorized device has been detected when trying to launch games from Neogamma.

It seems the Wiikey its causing more problems now even though I don't want to use it. Is there any way to disable the Wiikey and would it stop this error 001? I assume pure sofmodders don't get this error?

TIA
im sure its because you installed IOS249 rev 15 not 14

gmanls20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
im sure its because you installed IOS249 rev 15 not 14

Thanks for the guide by the way, works very well.

No I made sure I used cIOS249-v14.wad and cIOS250-v14.wad (anyway to check? although I'm 98% sure)

Any ideas now?

TIA

gmanls20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The latest update for the Wiikey is wikey.1.9s which came out in March 2008, I certainly won't have that installed do you think that would get around this issue and by running the update would it harm anything I've done on the softmod side of things?

Or is the Wiikey irrelevant and nothing to do with this? I've used GeckoS and managed to load a game up but I have a feeling using Geck with limit my options I want to use NeoGamma if possible

gmanls20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right... it actually tells you on Neogamma. Here's what it says:-

Neogamma 7 249 v14

So I'm using the correct cIOS.

Any further idea's? Is it my Wiikey causing the problem and if so how can I fix it?

Thanks

EDIT: Would using a USB loader sort this or would I still have the same issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet