Oh yea
frown.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ga1l0w said:
I don't see how navigating the menu is impossible with a GC pad, but I don't know a way to either. And most people don't care about doing this anyways, so there isn't a major push for a patch.

If the batteries of your wiimote are empty and you want to play a GC game, what do you do?
the only way would be with wii recovory menu auto boot feature, for me to boot GC games iv had to have pre loader autoboot HBC and then load emu kids GC loader to boot my GC games, which isnt good, and takes time

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Ga1l0w said:
I don't see how navigating the menu is impossible with a GC pad, but I don't know a way to either. And most people don't care about doing this anyways, so there isn't a major push for a patch.

If the batteries of your wiimote are empty and you want to play a GC game, what do you do?

Still, it's not exactly top priority.

bebs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ga1l0w said:

let's make the "push" then!!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Ga1l0w said:

buy rechargeable AA ones and have 2 pair one always on the charger.
a 4 pack of AA rechargeable batteries with a charger is only $10.
no offense but it's a little stupid not to have a wiimote and own a wii, after all it comes with one and a nunchuk.
if it breaks I'm sure Nintendo will replace your wiimote.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
It can be done but it is very risky.

Forsaken is implementing this in csm I *think.

It would require patching/installing a system menu so you could imagine the fear of bricking.

Anyone here got an infectus?, if so pm me, and I'll maybe give it a try when time allows as imho this would be an excellent addition to the homebrew scene.

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed, I would be very happy if this gets done.

Its annoying when i want to play brawl i have to use the wiimote then take the batteries out.

bebs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
WiiPower said:
Ga1l0w said:

buy rechargeable AA ones and have 2 pair one always on the charger.
a 4 pack of AA rechargeable batteries with a charger is only $10.
no offense but it's a little stupid not to have a wiimote and own a wii, after all it comes with one and a nunchuk.
if it breaks I'm sure Nintendo will replace your wiimote.

that was only an example of wiipower, low batteries isn't the topic's subject.
i just wanted to know if there is an app which allow to navigate trough the menu with an GC pad....
if there isn't, let's ask some coders to do it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
System menu using GC pad

Marcan from Team Twiizers has uploaded a video showing off his custom made GameCube to Nintendo Wii controller adapter. This adapter allows you to use the old controller on your Nintendo Wii with only some limitations. Click on the replies link below for the full Youtube video.

Quote:
Here's a video of a little gamecube pad to Wii Remote adapter that I rigged up. The console sees the adapter as a Classic Controller. It's missing some buttons (-, home, ZL), but those are rarely used (Start maps to +). This lets me play SSBB, Mario Kart, and VC games using a plain GameCube pad without having to use the questionable Classic Controller, and without a WaveBird. It also works with the System Menu, as you can see in the beginning of the video. Since WaveBirds are out of production, this is probably the only way of using an official Nintendo GameCube pad with the Wii, wirelessly.

The guts: a PIC18F4520 microcontroller, and that's pretty much it. A couple resistors and capacitors, and the quartz crystal are all that there is to the hardware part. I cut up a Nunchuk extension cord for the Wiimote plug, and made a crappy GC connector out of a piece of circuit board. This uses the Wii Remote's power supply. The big flashing board that you can see to the left is an FPGA used as a logic analyzer for debugging, but it has nothing to do with the actual adapter (I unplug it halfway through the video).

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
System menu using GC pad

Marcan from Team Twiizers has uploaded a video showing off his custom made GameCube to Nintendo Wii controller adapter. This adapter allows you to use the old controller on your Nintendo Wii with only some limitations. Click on the replies link below for the full Youtube video.

Quote:
Here's a video of a little gamecube pad to Wii Remote adapter that I rigged up. The console sees the adapter as a Classic Controller. It's missing some buttons (-, home, ZL), but those are rarely used (Start maps to +). This lets me play SSBB, Mario Kart, and VC games using a plain GameCube pad without having to use the questionable Classic Controller, and without a WaveBird. It also works with the System Menu, as you can see in the beginning of the video. Since WaveBirds are out of production, this is probably the only way of using an official Nintendo GameCube pad with the Wii, wirelessly.

The guts: a PIC18F4520 microcontroller, and that's pretty much it. A couple resistors and capacitors, and the quartz crystal are all that there is to the hardware part. I cut up a Nunchuk extension cord for the Wiimote plug, and made a crappy GC connector out of a piece of circuit board. This uses the Wii Remote's power supply. The big flashing board that you can see to the left is an FPGA used as a logic analyzer for debugging, but it has nothing to do with the actual adapter (I unplug it halfway through the video).
But that'd still has the need for a Wii-Remote...AKA battery use
nyanya.gif
lecture.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
It can be done but it is very risky.

Forsaken is implementing this in csm I *think.

It would require patching/installing a system menu so you could imagine the fear of bricking.

Anyone here got an infectus?, if so pm me, and I'll maybe give it a try when time allows as imho this would be an excellent addition to the homebrew scene.

QUOTE(Haruhi @ Jan 1 2009, 01:22 PM) It'd probably take a lot of work, but if the system menu is stored in the flash memory like channels/saves/etc are, couldn't it be hacked to support a GC pad?

It's just a matter of time, and there are huge talents out there that I'm sure will have something like this soon.

Really, it's all about TESTING, it can be coded, but one little typo would result in an unfixable brick, ask Fors if in any doubt.

Someone out there must have an infectus and some time on their hands, and if not now maybe soon, so it really is just a waiting game.

My moneys on Fors tho, please don't bug him though, it will get done if and when it can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY