• Views 152,470
  • Replies 1,572

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
1,2,3,4,5,4,5?

This guide has only IOS30 in it, i suggested to test IOS installation with IOS33 first. IOS33 because it's an unimportant one, it's not used by the system menu, the HBC or Wad Manager, so it doesn't matter if it get corrupted or deleted. If you get a problem with IOS30 installation, you really have a problem.
Silly me, changed now.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH SHI. OH SHI. It installed everything but the game I put in before is asking for an update. What should I do?

The game is Super Paper Mario, which means that this is an old software update...I'm afraid to touch anything else without asking you guys first. Remove the game, power down and try another game?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
damn... you people just ruined my eyes..
I spent hours reading all this.

seriously.. I bow to all the dedicated people how brainstormed/tested this.
it is an incredible work.

plus thanks for the huge amount of information you shared, it allowed me to learn so much.

tonight I plan to do a nan dump only.. and pack them back to WAD to see if I got it right.
then I would like to test a couple of starfall boot to see how it works..
and then maybe I will run the wads....

once again thank you.. all this knowledge is priceless.
R.
Ruined my eyes too. Took like over half an hour just to find the download link....

Posts merged

QUOTE(MrBubbles @ Jan 12 2009, 04:39 PM) OH SHI. OH SHI. It installed everything but the game I put in before is asking for an update. What should I do?

The game is Super Paper Mario, which means that this is an old software update...I'm afraid to touch anything else without asking you guys first. Remove the game, power down and try another game?
Run it through gecko os. Alternatively install starfall(If you install starfall now it might overwrite cioscorp).

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ok I got a stupid question. and one because my eyes are totally dead and I did not write the information down (if it was written somewhere on this thread)

number 1.
if you do not feel like answering don't worry I will figure it out. got plenty of time before I apply them anyway (see my previous post)
but in the cioscorp that I have.. I see
ciosXX.wad
where xx : 9.11.12.13.14.15.17.20.21.22.28.30.31.33.34.35.36

and
ciosbugfixYY.wad
where xx : 37.38.53.55

I noticed Matt93 asked about that on page 35 of this thread but he had no answer.

I would like to know if there is a difference in the making of these wad.. or it is simply a naming.

I would like to rebuild my own Cios based on my nand dump... just for the fun of it and to make sure I understood correctly. (my mind is set this way and it is the only way I truly learn)
then I can compare them to whatever you provided... and see if I have down my homework correctly
wink.gif

number 2.
I carefully noted the advice to install cios33 first.. and it totally makes sense. so thank you for the wise word.
but what about cios30....
after all my reading I would personnally install all cios ... and 30 as last.. because as mentioned here and there it is the most sensible one...
but again.. knowing I am not patching it, but "wadding" it. the risks are pretty low..
so does it make sense or not ?

cheers, and thanks again
R

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
david432 said:
Installation guide:

WARNING: This May cause your Wii to brick if your uncareful, please only do this if your aware of the consequences.

Before attempting make sure you are on v3.2 of the system menu, if not you may brick your wii.

1. To download the necessary files, type mediafire.com in to your web browser. Now add /file/y51dznne2dt/CIOSCORP.zip to the address.
2. Make a new folder in the root of your sd card called "wad". Extract the "CIOS33.wad" file from the zip, to the wad folder.
3. Now download Wadmanager 1.3
4. Unpack the contents of the file you just downloaded to /Apps/Wadmanager1.3 on your sd card. Now go to where you extracted and rename the file to boot.dol
5. Turn on your wii and go to the homebrew channel. Launch the Wad manager.
4. When you've launched it press reset to continue. It will now install the wad. If you get an error here DO NOT continue, use the uninstall guide located below. If you didn't get an error copy all the files from the zip into the wad folder on the root of your sd card and launch Wad manager from the homebrew channel again. Once it's done exit back to the main menu.
5. Your done! Your backups will now load directly from the Disc channel.

Uninstalling:

If you feel you want to go back to how it was before download CIOS downgrader. Now run it from the homebrew channel and set it to the firmware you were on before. Also set ALL the region settings to the region you were on before or the console WILL brick. Once that's done your system is restored to how it was before.

hum...
sorry.. if I am wrong (or stupid) feel free to send an email to [email protected] asking her to put a bed on the balcony, no matter if it is below 0C I will take it as my punition to sleep outside tonight...

but shouldn't you mention ios249 (rev7) needs to be installed prior to any cios ?
ok I know people are supposed to read the whole thread.. and DJ is going to fall on my like a craving shark telling me "let them noobs brick it"
wink.gif

but one simple comment could be nice...

or maybe I am wrong.
damn.. to much reading. I am getting confused.

R

HoschY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
david432 said:
Installation guide:

WARNING: This May cause your Wii to brick if your uncareful, please only do this if your aware of the consequences.

Before attempting make sure you are on v3.2 of the system menu, if not you may brick your wii.

1. To download the necessary files, type mediafire.com in to your web browser. Now add /file/y51dznne2dt/CIOSCORP.zip to the address.
2. Make a new folder in the root of your sd card called "wad". Extract the "CIOS33.wad" file from the zip, to the wad folder.
4. Unpack the contents of the file you just downloaded to /Apps/Wadmanager1.3 on your sd card. Now go to where you extracted and rename the file to boot.dol
6. When you've launched it press reset to continue. It will now install the wad. If you get an error here DO NOT continue, use the uninstall guide located below. If you didn't get an error copy all the files from the zip into the wad folder on the root of your sd card and launch Wad manager from the homebrew channel again. Once it's done exit back to the main menu.
7. Your done! Your backups will now load directly from the Disc channel.

1. OK
2. OK
3. OK
4. OK
5. OK
6. pressing reset dont do anything. i have to choose the right *.wad. after installing CIOS33.wad i cant start backups through the disc channel. do i need to install ALL the wads from the CIOSCORP.zip ??
7. after installing CIOS33.wad nothing works. after installing CIOS30.wad the backupdisks are identified but i cant start them anyway :/

my system: v3.2E with starfall

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
HoschY said:
david432 said:
Installation guide:

6. When you've launched it press reset to continue. It will now install the wad. If you get an error here DO NOT continue, use the uninstall guide located below. If you didn't get an error copy all the files from the zip into the wad folder on the root of your sd card and launch Wad manager from the homebrew channel again. Once it's done exit back to the main menu.
7. Your done! Your backups will now load directly from the Disc channel.

1. OK
2. OK
3. OK
4. OK
5. OK
6. pressing reset dont do anything. i have to choose the right *.wad. after installing CIOS33.wad i cant start backups through the disc channel. do i need to install ALL the wads from the CIOSCORP.zip ??
7. after installing CIOS33.wad nothing works. after installing CIOS30.wad the backupdisks are identified but i cant start them anyway :/

my system: v3.2E with starfall

Yes you have to install all the wads, installing cios 33 first is just a way to check if this won't brick your wii.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
hum...
sorry.. if I am wrong (or stupid) feel free to send an email to [email protected] asking her to put a bed on the balcony, no matter if it is below 0C I will take it as my punition to sleep outside tonight...

but shouldn't you mention ios249 (rev7) needs to be installed prior to any cios ?
ok I know people are supposed to read the whole thread.. and DJ is going to fall on my like a craving shark telling me "let them noobs brick it"
wink.gif

or maybe I am wrong.

R
Updated, I was just assuming everyone had it installed
tongue.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Phratt @ Jan 12 2009, 05:07 PM) Wait, so If it Will brick my wii. How do I know? (after installing cIOS 33.)
If your got an error while installing cios 33 then installing all the other cios's will brick your wii.

And everybody please stop quoting the original guide. This will only lead to confusion when updates are made.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Thanks!

But I have some other questions.

What would cause such an error?

and what could I do to overcome an error in installing cIOSes

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Phratt said:
Okay. Thanks!

But I have some other questions.

What would cause such an error?

and what could I do to overcome an error in installing cIOSes
If you have half upgraded and then overwrite cios 30 which is a vital part of the menu, you will get bricked.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This should work fine even if you don't have a IOS249 installed, as the system menu is using IOS30 with this and all games use the IOS they want. If you patch your system menu to use IOS249, then not having IOS249 == brick.

You should state it more clearly with IOS33:
x. Install IOS33, if you get an error, don't proceed
y. Install the other IOS except IOS30, if you get an error, don't proceed
z. (Install the system menu, i don't know if this is included in the package, but if, then put it here)
a. Install IOS30, that's the most important step, but this is the step which could brick your Wii too

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
This should work fine even if you don't have a IOS249 installed, as the system menu is using IOS30 with this and all games use the IOS they want. If you patch your system menu to use IOS249, then not having IOS249 == brick.

You should state it more clearly with IOS33:
x. Install IOS33, if you get an error, don't proceed
y. Install the other IOS except IOS30, if you get an error, don't proceed
z. (Install the system menu, i don't know if this is included in the package, but if, then put it here)
a. Install IOS30, that's the most important step, but this is the step which could brick your Wii too
Again, guide upgraded. Thanks for all the useful info.

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the little guide
smile.gif

Just did this on a downgraded 3.2E PAL wii with preloader 0.25 installed. Works like a charm!

Oh yeah, just to be sure I understand this; Using Cios downgrader to downgrade to, for example 3.1E, then back to 3.2E should uninstall this completely, right? So no need to manually reinstall IOS's or something?

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Skarface05 said:
Redia, - You don't need to patch the system menu to 249 anymore. This was stopped ages ago as we found it was unneccesarry.

david432 said:
QUOTE(redia @ Jan 12 2009, 04:59 PM) hum...

wink.gif

or maybe I am wrong.

R
tongue.gif

ok now I am turning blue.... lol
will I have to go through the whole thread again ?

do we need or not ios249 ???

I had the feeling we did need it... but maybe I was wrong.

but if it not NEEDED for the installation, shouldn't we have it as some homebrew rely it anyway (for example gamma and softchip for people who are using out of region and are waiting for a clean solution)

sorry.. I am putting a lot of hassle on you people.
but I am trying to understand, not to be a pain.

Cheers,
R.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
Skarface05 said:
Redia, - You don't need to patch the system menu to 249 anymore. This was stopped ages ago as we found it was unneccesarry.

david432 said:
QUOTE(redia @ Jan 12 2009, 04:59 PM) hum...

wink.gif

or maybe I am wrong.

R
tongue.gif

ok now I am turning blue.... lol
will I have to go through the whole thread again ?

do we need or not ios249 ???

I had the feeling we did need it... but maybe I was wrong.

but if it not NEEDED for the installation, shouldn't we have it as some homebrew rely it anyway (for example gamma and softchip for people who are using out of region and are waiting for a clean solution)

sorry.. I am putting a lot of hassle on you people.
but I am trying to understand, not to be a pain.

Cheers,
R.
Just install ios249 now, doesn't make any difference if it was installed before or after you installed CIOSCORP.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who WHo Who common' people this should be easy stop making such questions about it, I'll try to explain what are we doing here so you can at least try to understand how this works:

We always need cIOS36_r7 wich get installed in the place of IOS249, ok?
that one is the one needed for Downgrade from 3.3 or 3.4, to 3.2 and earlier, ok?
Also Wad Manager uses that IOS too, ok?
The Backup launcher uses that same IOS too and forces everygame to be readen by that same IOS, ok?
When you launch a legit copy, every game requieres a different IOS, Eg. Zelda ask for IOS9, StarWars: TFU ask for IOS33, Animal Crossing ask for IOS38, NFS:U ask for IOS55, and so on and on, some requieres same as other not everygame requieres a different, ok?
instead of forcing everygame to be readen by IOS249, wich is a modification of IOS36, with Backup Launcher, we are altering all of the used by games IOS, the same way we altering IOS36, with a piece of code called DIP7, so resuming this, we are inserting (kind of) the DIP7 into almost all of the IOS, ok?
IOS30 is not used by any game, but is the principal IOS in 3.2 because that one is used by the SYSTEM MENU, wich have all of the properties of our Wii's, if IOS30 is not there, SysMenu can function at all and you'll have a nice 250 usd paper weight next to your TV unable to be fixed, ok?
if SysMenu is not there, is easier to fix, but it have the properties of making your underpants kind of brownish, ok??
This idea began by making the SysMenu be readen by IOS249 (kind of stupid by WiiBlaster) and it worked great, but then we figure it out that we also needed to patch the IOS that the game asked for, so we patched every IOS used by games with a DIP7 module, ok?

and I forgot what else, if I remember I'll say it later, ok?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every time i take a mini hiatus from the board someones posts a how-to.... Did i miss a memo or something? At least this one kept it in thread, but now it seems like this has turned into another "How do i do this thread" instead of a "how do we get x to work" thread. Did someone solve the remaining issue while i was gone? If so let me know so i can stop working on these forced video patch ideas and go back to playing games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place