System menu 4.0 question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by stikboy73, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009

System menu 4.0 question by stikboy73 at 8:07 PM (743 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. stikboy73
    OP

Newcomer stikboy73 Member

United States
    So if I remember correctly you can enter the recover menu (just like starfall y-button) on the Wii by holding down all four directional button on a game cube gamepad on port 4. Does this still work on 4.0? If so, could you load all your ios's as cios's (like cioscorp), so you can load backups from the disc channel but instead load a backup in the recovery menu? So in theory, in case of a banner brick, etc. I could load the recovery menu and then load a backup of a game that has the boot.dol replaced with a helpful utility like ARC or Wad manager, etc., or even boot some kind of recovery disk.
    Is this viable?

2. gitkua

Member gitkua GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Dunno if that still works on 4.0, but you'd still need a modchip to load a burned disc...

3. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    No it doesn't work. My mate updated out of curiosity, only because HBC would remain intact. Unfortunately it went tits up and ended up with what seems category D boot failure. GC pad recover mode does't work, even my Savemii dongle and a brick-fix disc wouldn't rescue him. My advice, steer clear until a work-around appears