Hacking System Files Corrupted

MorPhiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my Wii eons ago. I don't play videogames much these days, but re-modded it sometime last year using xxzero's guide to make sure I had everything up to date (looking at his "Updates" section, it might have been as recently as January since I remember him saying something about a Bathaxx). Everything works fine, but I have always had the random issue of getting past the BootMii screen, getting past the Warning screen and getting the "System Files are Corrupted" screen. This usually happens on;y once in a while, I reboot and it goes to the system menu just fine. Well, lately it has occurred more often and it's kind of annoying, but oh well. But tonight I finished watching a show on Netflix and wanted to fire up some FF: Crystal Defenders. So I hit the "Home" button and tried to go to the system menu. But I got the corrupted screen instead. Great. I haul my lazy butt off my bed and reboot. Same thing. I rebooted like 10-15 times before I got it to load the system menu. This has happened once before, but usually it only gives me that screen 50% or fewer times. And then it is only once, then goes right to the system menu my second time.This has me irritated and now I am finally looking for an answer to this. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it??? Thanks. I'm on 4.2U, BTW.

Maybe it's time for me to re-mod again? It looks like there are a few new things, but I'd really like to get this one issue resolved regardless.

MorPhiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I do. I have updates blocked and Auto-A at the health/warning screen. I'm pretty sure I have that from Priiloader. I followed xxzero's guide along with optional steps.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How recently did you follow the guide, you said eons ago?

I used to have this problem with a very old pre/priiloader version, im up to priiloader 0.7 now i think and its way more secure and less buggy. Would be worth updating to avoid this if you arent up to latest.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

Check it out and report back.

MorPhiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I decided to re-mod it since I noticed not only was there a .7 Priiloader, but also new cIOS's. I have booted the Wii a few times in the past day and no problems so far. Seems it probably was the .6 Priiloader I had. Thanks a lot. KiiWii!

maverick09

Trophies
XP
Country
MorPhiend said:
I modded my Wii eons ago. I don't play videogames much these days, but re-modded it sometime last year using xxzero's guide to make sure I had everything up to date (looking at his "Updates" section, it might have been as recently as January since I remember him saying something about a Bathaxx). Everything works fine, but I have always had the random issue of getting past the BootMii screen, getting past the Warning screen and getting the "System Files are Corrupted" screen. This usually happens on;y once in a while, I reboot and it goes to the system menu just fine. Well, lately it has occurred more often and it's kind of annoying, but oh well. But tonight I finished watching a show on Netflix and wanted to fire up some FF: Crystal Defenders. So I hit the "Home" button and tried to go to the system menu. But I got the corrupted screen instead. Great. I haul my lazy butt off my bed and reboot. Same thing. I rebooted like 10-15 times before I got it to load the system menu. This has happened once before, but usually it only gives me that screen 50% or fewer times. And then it is only once, then goes right to the system menu my second time.This has me irritated and now I am finally looking for an answer to this. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it??? Thanks. I'm on 4.2U, BTW.

Maybe it's time for me to re-mod again? It looks like there are a few new things, but I'd really like to get this one issue resolved regardless.

I have been suffering the exact same issue!

I've got a Wiikey 2 modchip installed. But almost 2 years ago, I discovered the limitations of ModChips, and stepped into the brave new world of Homebrew modding. Haven't looked back since, but lately have been getting the "System Files Corrupted" messages in increasing frequency.

Had previously been on Firmware 4.2, with Waninkoko's ciosX_v20b installed on cIOS249.

The "System Files Corrupted" problem got so bad that I decided to update everything. Firmware was updated to 4.3, (by first upgrading Boot2 to version 4).
Then reinstalled Bootmii and also HBC. Subsequently installed Davebao's (together with some other dev's) d2xv6 (which I understand to be the successor to Waninkoko's brilliant ciosX.

Also have installed Hermes 224 (using the installer 5.1), using ios37 as base. Prior to installing that, had installed IOS236 Installer v5 by Dr Clipper.

Subsequently, had utilized Davebao's d2xv6 to install as follows (avoiding cIOS249, as it causes problems with discs looking for 4.2 or 4.3 firmware):-
- cIOS248 - Base IOS56 (This will basically run every game)
- cIOS247 - Base IOS57 (Troublesome games; ie. Black Ops, Super Mario All Stars...)
- cIOS246 - Base IOS38 (For installing wads and other important homebrew.)
- cIOS245 - Base IOS58 (New - unknown functionality?)

Davebao's d2xv6 could not install with Base IOS36, so I had utilized Waninkoko's ciosX_v21 installer to install the following:-
- cIOS244 - Base IOS36 (for Triiforce compatibility)

Wii worked fine after that. I'm also using Configurable USB loader v70, and running my Wii titles off a USB harddrive (Elements 1.0 GB), and Homebrew apps are on SD card.

Then the problem re-occurred. At this time, I'm unable to isolate it's cause, though I note that my family was playing 'Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 4' (DDR4) for 3-4 hours at a stretch lately. Unsure at time of this writing if the problem was occurring due to this particular title, or simply to the Wii being run lengthy periods of time.

Initially, I thought the problem was due to HBC or Bootmii, and/or the cIOS installations, and ran through un-installing, and re-installing all of them. And the problem went away. Of course, prior to engaging in the re-installation operations, I had backed up my NAND utilizing BootMii.

Again the problem went away for awhile, then re-occurred again. I'm still unsure if the DDR4 title was responsible for mucking up my Wii, or simply that my family was playing the Wii for 3-4 hours at a stretch lately, since it was the only title we were playing of late.

This time round, on a hunch, I backed up my NAND using BootMii, then utilized the backup produced to do a NAND restore (also using BootMii). Hey presto! The "System Files Corrupted" problem went away again!

Am I going to have to do this on a regular basis to recover from the "System Files Corrupted" problem?

About the only thing different that's been done differently now is I've utilized Dop-Mii 14.5 to install the internet channel (which I don't normally use). Incidentally, utilizing the "Internal systems check" function of Dop-Mii 14.5 always causes the Wii to crash (after giving some information about finding a number of IOSes to test). Subsequent "Internal systems check" tests (performed by booting directly to HBC and bypassing System Menu) performed in Dop-Mii 14.5, cause the Wii to crash sooner, without even displaying the number of IOSes available for testing.

Backing up NAND then restoring will fix the problem, but engaging "Internal systems check" function of Dop-Mii 14.5 will cause it to crash again, and also leave me with the "System Files Corrupted" problem as well.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty are you a family guy fan?\