SXOS v2.9.5 beta released, supports firmware 10.0.1 and more

SX295.png

Lagging slightly behind the competition, Team Xecuter have been hard at work to see their SX OS continue to be enjoyed on the latest firmware. [prebreak][/prebreak]As well as this, support for the recently released China region Switch cartridges has been implemented, on top of general improvements to online local multiplayer.

You can check out their press release below:
This SX OS update addresses the following things:
  • Full support for firmware 10.0(.1)
    The latest and greatest firmware is fully supported now. This includes compatibility with the minor update released this week (10.0.1)!
  • Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) updated.
    Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) has gotten some stability improvements. This should help with newer games like Animal Crossing. Please keep in mind to use appropriate MTU/PMTU settings, as some games are very picky about the introduced latency when playing over the internet.
  • Support for chinese gamecart images.
    We have added support for playing backups of chinese gamecart (XCI) images. The switch released in Mainland China only has very few cartridges available at the moment, but this groundwork has also been made so we can support playing western games on chinese switches that soon will be able to run SX OS using our new SX Core/Lite product family!
Users of the SX Autoloader should be aware you need to update it as well also, so please check the Official TX Community or their Official TX Chat Server for the updated files from Team [WAIN]. :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
New to SXOS and can't seem to find out how to get HBG shop loaded? I go to the site and when I download it to put in the SD card it has atmosphere folder and switch folder. Using SXOS I assumed I wouldn't use the Atmosphere folder but putting the switch folder only places Tinfoil on my Switch? I thought there should be an HBG shop or some "shop" option within SXOS?

Thanks
Tinfoil is hbgshop. Once installed just open the tinfoil app and it loads the shop.

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aslong you have the latest sxos the lockscreen will be fixed by default. Anything under 2.9 will leave it broken on 9.X fw. SXOS autoloader confirmed working as well via 10.0.1 just tested it
What are you talking about? Of course it's up to date lol. That's the reason why I posted because this new update broke the lockscreen theme. My switch won't even bootup. I have to delete a folder again just so my switch will boot...then when I install a theme I have to make sure I don't install a lockscreen theme

ckelley32873

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil is hbgshop. Once installed just open the tinfoil app and it loads the shop.

When I open Tinfoil it only shows options for installing games/etc. It doesn't look like the HBG shop did when I was not running SXOS where it listed apps/etc? Should I see something else when launching Tinfoil? I only copied the Switch folder, should I have copied anything else over?

Thanks

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? Of course it's up to date lol. That's the reason why I posted because this new update broke the lockscreen theme. My switch won't even bootup. I have to delete a folder again just so my switch will boot...then when I install a theme I have to make sure I don't install a lockscreen theme
Well it didn't break my custom lock screen after I apply a new home screen layout for 10.0.1.
Wouldn't be surprised if you just forgot to uninstall the said custom theme before updating the switch. Thats usually the case in a black screen boot.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

ckelley32873

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open Tinfoil it only shows options for installing games/etc. It doesn't look like the HBG shop did when I was not running SXOS where it listed apps/etc? Should I see something else when launching Tinfoil? I only copied the Switch folder, should I have copied anything else over?

Thanks

You know I may be thinking of the HB-appstore

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You know I may be thinking of the HB-appstore
Haha yeah I think you might be. HBGshop for easy game pirating. I can’t remember if hb AppStore comes standard with sx or not. Use title redirection on an installed titled and launch the homebrew menu that way. If it’s there then it’s there. If not just download the AppStore nro.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha you should try first instead of speculating, sx os is compatible with tesla and sysmodules.

(I took the photo, I know it has poor quality)

How?

To be fair, there are a few different downloads around. The main one you find at tinfoil.io doesn’t have hbg. I found hbg last night (a LARGE .zip file with atmosphere patches, an .nro, and other stuff), and I couldn’t even run it with tinfoil.nsp installed. I had to uninstall tinfoil, then run the .nro. Now, it’s installed with hbg stuff in it.

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How?

To be fair, there are a few different downloads around. The main one you find at tinfoil.io doesn’t have hbg. I found hbg last night (a LARGE .zip file with atmosphere patches, an .nro, and other stuff), and I couldn’t even run it with tinfoil.nsp installed. I had to uninstall tinfoil, then run the .nro. Now, it’s installed with hbg stuff in it.
I didn’t know that. I’ve only ever gotten Tinfoil from the HBGshop discord so I guess it always came bundled.

Bizzarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sx autoloader been updated, check the TX forums or chat server for files, since i can't link them here
Hi Gary, sorry to bother you
Do you know why this error happens when i insert the usb hdd?
the autoloader works fine when only my sd card is inserted, this error occurs when my hd is loading

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_015812.jpg
    IMG_20200425_015812.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yep!
sys 10.0.1
no emunand
sxos 2.9.5
autoloader 1.4
sd exfat
hdd exfat 1tb almost full
No cheats, nothing on the "titles" folder (just the autoloader of course)
Maybe try without auto loader.
Are the games in correct folder of hhd.
I put mine in root of hhd

Bizzarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe try without auto loader.
Are the games in correct folder of hhd.
I put mine in root of hhd
Here in the hdd the xci files are on "usbhddroot>sxos>xci".
And the hdd works well it only crashes if i have the autoloader on the "sdroot>sxos>titles" and always crash when in the loading processing, even if i dont open the album, just insert the usb hdd and bang.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here in the hdd the xci files are on "usbhddroot>sxos>xci".
And the hdd works well it only crashes if i have the autoloader on the "sdroot>sxos>titles" and always crash when in the loading processing, even if i dont open the album, just insert the usb hdd and bang.
Have you tried with a different hhd?

Bizzarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried with a different hhd?
I tried. i have two 1tb seagate usb hdd, different game on each one, and one is only use for this purpose just xci's files on it
and as i said. I can play on them and only crash if i had the autoloader.
btw! thx for try to help me buddy! was very kind of your part.

Reactions: shanefromoz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...