Hacking SX Pro & console updates

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

One of my kids' console is running 5.1.0 with the SX Pro CFW. It has never ever been connected to the Internet (it is not even setup to do so).
One of the recent games is requested that the console be updated.

1. How can I update the console (can I download a nsp or do I need to setup the console for the Internet and do it from the official servers) ?
2. Do I need to take extra precaution (setup a custom DNS or something)?
3. What are the risks in updating?

I sure don't want to scr*w up the SX Pro install.

Thanks,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
My advice is to (make a backup of your nand) an emunand with SX OS - then on the emunand use ChoiDujourNXv101 to install 6.1.0 with ex-fat support. That way your switch will still be on 5.1.0 and your emunand will be on 6.1.0 - that way you can get all the benefits of the new firmware (install nsp as well), but be able to go back to 5.1.0 if you want.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.Update using ChoidujourNX (Read the tutorial before using) but you will need to find the Latest FW yourself.
2.If you are going to connect to online on your NSW sometimes like me use 90DNS it blocks nintendo servers.
3.Using CFW always come with ban risks so updating officially or game updates can result in it if you care.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Official way or choidujourNX
2. For what?
3. If you are going to update the official way, you can get banned.

1. I have no idea what choidujour is. I just pluged the dongle and booted into the SX Pro menu to boot custom firmware
2. I dunno, for not being ban, prevent future updates, be able to put in newer games for my kids to play, eventually install homebrews/emulators...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My advice is to (make a backup of your nand) an emunand with SX OS - then on the emunand use ChoiDujourNXv101 to install 6.1.0 with ex-fat support. That way your switch will still be on 5.1.0 and your emunand will be on 6.1.0 - that way you can get all the benefits of the new firmware (install nsp as well), but be able to go back to 5.1.0 if you want.

Sounds like something I'd want to do (though it's all greek to me). I'd like the console to remain in 5.1.0 and have emunand in 6.1.0 so that later games work. I'd like to still be able to install nsp onto the usd card or directly run xci files. If this can be done with whatever is choidujour then so be it. Any specific tutorial I should be following? One that includes links to the required software?
Thanks.

1.Update using ChoidujourNX (Read the tutorial before using) but you will need to find the Latest FW yourself.
2.If you are going to connect to online on your NSW sometimes like me use 90DNS it blocks nintendo servers.
3.Using CFW always come with ban risks so updating officially or game updates can result in it if you care.

Well, seems like choidujour is the one thing I need. Care for sharing a dumb proof tutorial?
This console is very unlikely to be connected to the internet, the kids have another one to do so.
What's the 90DNS ?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. I have no idea what choidujour is. I just pluged the dongle and booted into the SX Pro menu to boot custom firmware
2. I dunno, for not being ban, prevent future updates, be able to put in newer games for my kids to play, eventually install homebrews/emulators...

Sounds like something I'd want to do (though it's all greek to me). I'd like the console to remain in 5.1.0 and have emunand in 6.1.0 so that later games work. I'd like to still be able to install nsp onto the usd card or directly run xci files. If this can be done with whatever is choidujour then so be it. Any specific tutorial I should be following? One that includes links to the required software?
Thanks.

Well, seems like choidujour is the one thing I need. Care for sharing a dumb proof tutorial?
This console is very unlikely to be connected to the internet, the kids have another one to do so.
What's the 90DNS ?
1. ChoicujourNX is a homebrew, which is used for updating while being offline or without burning fuses.
2. Stay offline and update via choidujourNX.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All right. So I downloaded the latest version of ChoidujourNX and the latest firmware.

The readme file in ChoidujourNX indicates to copy the ChoiDujourNX.nro file to a folder your hbmenu scans (the switch folder on your microSD).

I have no switch folder on the external usd card, only a bunch of xci files and a Nintendo folder and another one called sxos. Is there something I need to install prior to doing this or can I just go ahead and copy the nro file into the Nintendo folder (at its root)?

Thanks

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl, , Reason: last/latest

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All right. So I downloaded the latest version of ChoidujourNX and the latest firmware.

The readme file in ChoidujourNX indicates to copy the ChoiDujourNX.nro file to a folder your hbmenu scans (the switch folder on your microSD).

I have no switch folder on the external usd card, only a bunch of xci files and a Nintendo folder and another one called sxos. Is there something I need to install prior to doing this or can I just go ahead and copy the nro file into the Nintendo folder (at its root)?

Thanks

If it can help others, I just copied the nro file and the firmware folder at root of the usd card and booted into cfw and there it was. I could install everything from there.

Thanks to all who helped and made this possible.

Before closing this thread for good, I see that there are many firmwares available (down to 1.0.0).
Is this possible to downgrade from any cfw (I don't see the point but if it's there it certainly has a use, doesn't it) ?

Would it be possible to downgrade the OFW (in my case 5.1.0) to a lower one?
Thanks.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If it can help others, I just copied the nro file and the firmware folder at root of the usd card and booted into cfw and there it was. I could install everything from there.

Thanks to all who helped and made this possible.

Before closing this thread for good, I see that there are many firmwares available (down to 1.0.0).
Is this possible to downgrade from any cfw (I don't see the point but if it's there it certainly has a use, doesn't it) ?

Would it be possible to downgrade the OFW (in my case 5.1.0) to a lower one?
Thanks.
You can downgrade. But if you have burned more fuses that the FW wants, it won't boot (only thru RCM).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily