Hacking SX OS "Stealth Mode" is not creport?

D

Deleted User

I don't get why everything is so polarized all the time, as long as we have more options everyone should be happy. There's been way too much infighting with the Switch scene it's unreal.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ashura, you seem angry at Xecuter for stealing code but here's the thing, since the beginning of time itself, people have been stealing other people's ideas or copying people's ideas, people should not get angry at a hacker group for seizing an opportunity and grabbing it when they had the chance.

Hackers also deserve to be paid for there work as this work is work, SciresM says otherwise but when you get down into the real stuff, he's just the same as the other hackers.
Eh at the same time they are profiting off stealing others work, I do not hate them for it, but they should be prepared to have their mother cussed every day, and they deserve no defence. That's just how it is, and I'd guess they don't care either.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Hexkyz is spouting pure bullshit with typical anti-TX bias. If he would try SX OS in stealth mode with a HTTP proxy he would see that secure requests are not getting through, it stops at the "CONNECT" phase of the HTTP proxy.
So no, this can *NOT* be done with a simple simulated DNS. Simple networking 101. When using a HTTP proxy the proxy itself does the DNS resolving and not the Switch.

Hexkyz lost all credibility to me now

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hexkyz is spouting pure bullshit with typical anti-TX bias. If he would try SX OS in stealth mode with a HTTP proxy he would see that secure requests are not getting through, it stops at the "CONNECT" phase of the HTTP proxy.
So no, this can *NOT* be done with a simple simulated DNS. Simple networking 101. When using a HTTP proxy the proxy itself does the DNS resolving and not the Switch.

Hexkyz lost all credibility to me now
Well... he most likely reverse engineered the relevant part of the boot.dat which is more of a proof than checking a proxy comming from him.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No it's just an eshop ban. Haven't been using freeshop or anything like that!

Also I believe that's because the banned people started using freeshop on the switch. Ultimately upgrading their eshop ban to a CDN ban.

When's the last time you checked?
Might want to double check, since the reports of ALL bans being upgraded to CDN bans happened only 4 days ago.
Care to try a game update/firmware update?

If you can confirm you have an eShop ban that was not upgraded to a CDN ban in the past few days, I'm sure people in @Draxzelex's ban thread will be quite interested in that.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I believe that's because the banned people started using freeshop on the switch. Ultimately upgrading their eshop ban to a CDN ban.
When's the last time you checked?
Might want to double check, since the reports of ALL bans being upgraded to CDN bans happened only 4 days ago.
Care to try a game update/firmware update?

If you can confirm you have an eShop ban that was not upgraded to a CDN ban in the past few days, I'm sure people in @Draxzelex's ban thread will be quite interested in that.
I just counted them up and of the 31 confirmed CDN bans I have listed, only 9 of them actually did any sort of CDN downloading and some of them are quite the trusted sources so I would like it if other users didn't accuse other people of lying, mostly because lying goes both ways. Anyways, there have been some reports of people still being able to update their stuff despite being banned so I would believe not everyone got CDN bans. Lastly, I would kindly ask that submit a ban report in the banning thread to dissuade any skepticism on your words.

Reactions: tiliarou

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
uhmmm if we cant reduce the thelemetry, the "new" mode is pretty unless, the information will be send to nity when we go to OFW.

Hansel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe this DNS solution blocks all URLS that have the word "Nintendo" in it, so that should be all known ones. Unless they come up with a new one...of course, without crport, you have to leave "stealth mode" on at all times because the second you turn it off...And really, it's the same thing as always staying on airplane mode

FTP is the difference. As stealth is enabled by default there's no way to stuff up unless you manually go disable it, but why would you do that, and if you do it's your own fault. I know for me, being able to easily use FTP to transfer files and not have to remove the sdcard all the time or implement my own blocking rules in the router is way more convenient. Finding it hard to find something to complain about here but I guess the drama is all encompassing by this point :D

samsam91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AKA something that can be quickly and easily simulated/copied with one of many DNS apps. AKA it's not new, AKA it's not "revolutionary", AKA it's just hype building. Hell if it doesn't use creport it might even be LESS secure

Show me where they touched you :)

Where are you, all sx haters
You can come now

Haha they will find something. Still butt-hurt that TX stole code that allows piracy while they are using another CFW to enable piracy. Go figure.

WHO cares? They are THE ONLY ONES who make everything super super easy. Now this, just copy paste boot.dat and you are done. Want to install nsp? Just go to album and install, you can even delete all files. Also enabling or disabling this is just an option.

Everything is so damn easy with SX pro. And THATS why it’s so fantastic.

Agreed. Easy peasy. Hassle free. No need to keep on top of threads. etc etc.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i know what it is, i also know that you either love it or you completely hate it, i just didn't know that both names were the same product
Off topic but they taste extremely different. But the same thing you either love or hate either and or both. I can't stand Marmite.

On topic so I don't get in trouble... All we need now is to be able to update the boot.dat from the console itself.

BuriA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
why was everybody SO JEALOUS of SX when everyone wants to copy the SX OS itself. they're the first, and they're gonna be the last. still the best cfw.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bro, nobody has a problem with TX stealing ideas etc. The problem is that thy are stealing code from Atmosphere and other open source software without giving credit. Everthing would be ok if TX would just give goddamn credit.

Does the license say attribution is required? If not, no credit is needed. If it does, they can sue.

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
Eh at the same time they are profiting off stealing others work, I do not hate them for it, but they should be prepared to have their mother cussed every day, and they deserve no defence. That's just how it is, and I'd guess they don't care either.
Yeah mean like pirating software is a bad thing. Well definitely cuss your mother

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the proof that piracy is bad? PC games are the easiest to pirate, people keep buying them anyways. HBO is easy to pirate, people keep buying it. Piracy increases sales. Piracy isn't bad.

sid6581

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where's the proof that piracy is bad? PC games are the easiest to pirate, people keep buying them anyways. HBO is easy to pirate, people keep buying it. Piracy increases sales. Piracy isn't bad.

And where's your proof that there wouldn't be more sales without piracy? Piracy can be a marketing driver, it surely helped Game of Thrones to become a phenomenon. It might have helped the Playstation to be such a success and to establish the Playstation brand. However, even that is debatable, because - the PS1 just had amazing games. As does the Switch. It does more harm than good I'm convinced. But "convinced" is all I am because finding proof has always been a very challenging task since piracy became an issue.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And where's your proof that there wouldn't be more sales without piracy? Piracy can be a marketing driver, it surely helped Game of Thrones to become a phenomenon. It might have helped the Playstation to be such a success and to establish the Playstation brand. However, even that is debatable, because - the PS1 just had amazing games. As does the Switch. It does more harm than good I'm convinced. But "convinced" is all I am because finding proof has always been a very challenging task since piracy became an issue.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/22/eu-suppressed-study-piracy-no-sales-impact/

Reactions: sleepymanakete

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update on my post: just checked my Switch and tried to update it. Yep I managed to get a CDN ban.
15355290842641861636078337077606.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER