SX OS "Stealth Mode" is not creport?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by KsAmJ, Aug 28, 2018.

1. KsAmJ
    OP

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
  2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    AKA something that can be quickly and easily simulated/copied with one of many DNS apps. AKA it's not new, AKA it's not "revolutionary", AKA it's just hype building. Hell if it doesn't use creport it might even be LESS secure

Last edited by Ashura66, Aug 28, 2018
  3. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Where are you, all sx haters
    You can come now

BTW, if stealth mode is just dns solution,
    what's exactly is creport?

Strange no one thought about the idea of just blocking all Nintendo's address inside the switch instead of blocking it in the router, i my self was thinking about this idea, and i was shocked and happy when someone actually made it real.

nccom, sorabora, jimmyj and 8 others like this.
  4. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    your post aka shitposting.

achandab, Neath, nccom and 17 others like this.
  5. justmiiplaynwii

justmiiplaynwii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2018
    Germany
    XorTroll and Ashura66 like this.
  6. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    As far as i understand what creport does is it saves error reports onto the SD card and not the system itself, therefor they wont get sent to Nintendo and you can actually access the via the SD card

aos10, justmiiplaynwii and Draxzelex like this.
  7. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    If it's just a DNS then all the errors were going right into sysNAND records, moment you turned off the "stealth mode" you would send them.

Oops.

Resaec likes this.
  8. Yami Anubis ZX

Yami Anubis ZX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2016
    United States
    @Ashura, you seem angry at Xecuter for stealing code but here's the thing, since the beginning of time itself, people have been stealing other people's ideas or copying people's ideas, people should not get angry at a hacker group for seizing an opportunity and grabbing it when they had the chance.

Hackers also deserve to be paid for there work as this work is work, SciresM says otherwise but when you get down into the real stuff, he's just the same as the other hackers.

danny08, CecilioX3 and Ace001 like this.
  9. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    WHO cares? They are THE ONLY ONES who make everything super super easy. Now this, just copy paste boot.dat and you are done. Want to install nsp? Just go to album and install, you can even delete all files. Also enabling or disabling this is just an option.

Everything is so damn easy with SX pro. And THATS why it’s so fantastic.

10. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I don't think a TX user should disable that mode if all they intend to use is TX right?
    Also what will happen if Nintendo actually changes server address?

11. justmiiplaynwii

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2018
    Germany
    bro, nobody has a problem with TX stealing ideas etc. The problem is that thy are stealing code from Atmosphere and other open source software without giving credit. Everthing would be ok if TX would just give goddamn credit.

12. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Firt of all i'm not angry at anything or anyone, i couldn't give a bigger shit if they stole code from whoever it was. But the fact is that TX are making such a big deal out of this" stealth mode" when it's nothing new, nothing revolutionary and something that the free options have been using for a long time already. And hackers deserve to be paid for something that is illegal? Dude...Also just because people have done it before it doesn't mean it should continue to be the same way for the rest of time, that's how ideas stagnate and progress halts

No they aren't, the other options are super easy too. They are, however, the only ones who offer a completely portable solution

justmiiplaynwii likes this.
  13. justmiiplaynwii

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2018
    Germany
    ReiNX is the same. Put ReiNX folder on SD Card. Thats it. Want to install NSP? Just go to album, tinfoil and install it.

The only thing that SX has and no other CFW is XCI but since all that NSP stuff nobody wants and needs XCI

Last edited by justmiiplaynwii, Aug 28, 2018
    Ashura66 likes this.
  14. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Since this is just a DNS solution without creport then no, you definitely should NOT dissable it if you intend on just using SXOS because the second you do turn it off all the error reports your system has gathered WILL be sent to Nintendo

justmiiplaynwii likes this.
  15. justmiiplaynwii

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2018
    Germany
    Even that point doesn't count anymore. There is a dongle which is the same like the one from TX. It costs 20€

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4SDongles.asp

16. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    The R4 one, i've seen it. I've been tempted to get it but then i was reminded of those early R4 flashcarts that bricked people's consoles

17. Kazesama

Kazesama GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2003
    United States
    Earth
    I'd like to know who claimed it was:

[​IMG]

xYuunax likes this.
  18. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    The fact that it DOESN'T use creport makes it an inferior solution already

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The world may never know :unsure:

20. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    but the only thing that you will have to do for atmosphere is copy a file to the SD card then run a payload...

Draxzelex and justmiiplaynwii like this.