Homebrew Discussion SX OS Homebrew -vs- Hekate SDfiles

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently use sx os for running my backups. For homebrew, I use the sx os album launcher with the latest "hbmenu.nro" file on the root of the card.

The "hbmenu.nro" file I use is taken from the latest Hekate SDfiles instead of from Switchbrew nx-hbmenu.

I like that backup launching and homebrew is all contained within one payload launch in sx os and it appears to work fine, except for that occasional crash that requires a reboot.

I am looking to see if there is any reason to use Hekate SDfiles to launch homebrew instead of using sx os's album to launch homebrew. I will still use sx os to launch backups regardless. The issue is, I will have to re-enter RCM everytime I want to switch payloads to go between sx os and hekate sdfiles, which is cumbersome. Are the benefits of using Hekate for Homebrew substantial over sx os? Sell me on it.

Edit: Revised wording to make my question more clear.

Last edited by morrison22,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if your using an older version of sx os and dont want to update for some reason, use sd files instead unless you want a brick, as sx os is known to have brick code in older versions. if your using a new version (1.3+) then you can keep using sx os as much as you want, although my personal preference is SDFiles.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a reason you can`t hold down R while going into album to go into your hbmenu from SXOS?

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason you can`t hold down R while going into album to go into your hbmenu from SXOS?

That is how I enter the homebrew menu. Hold R and go into album. My post was not being understood correctly so I reworded it. Please see first post again.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've seen a few people allude to SX OS having issues with homebrew yet seen nothing really specifying what issues exactly. My instinct is to assume that these people aren't using SX and that this is heresay, but I'd wouldn't mind somebody correcting me there.

I'm in the same boat. I do have the latest hekate CTCaer and SDFiles on my SD card and can load this as an external payload with SX, but I find myself not bothering because having to relauch RCM is cumbersome and I've not experienced any SX-specific issues yet.

Reactions: morrison22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No not really some people just act a certain way to please the crowd it's the internet
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, there's those also, they act entirely different compared to their RL persona
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even in life you have fake crumbs that act a certain way just to please other friends
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i call those just asskissers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can spend years talking to each other and stop suddenly just because others don't like you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goes back to the oh I wanna fit in with this crowd type
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't even have blood related family members left that I can talk to anymore, everyone is estranged
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I live by if it happens to you it can happen to them and most likely will so fuck them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's funny how life works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A cycle of payback and I told you so
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sometimes I don't know if I'm frustated or happy

:wacko:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanted to jerk off but my straight jacket won't let me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    wait,...BDSM don't use straight jackets, what kinda horsin' around are you even up to? nevermind, dun wanna know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I didn't fall asleep with the jacket on
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    good luck, dun get butraped by ancientboi and you're gud
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Other way around ancientboi wants to be buttraped
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Only if you're too close to where he is.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I didn't sleep earlier because I spent the night completing a bunch achievements in my favorite mega man x game
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking credit score keeps going up and down 7-10 points per month and I'm not even doing anything with it lol
  • M @ Materion:
    Hiya guys :)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hey