Switch won't boot to OFW or CFW but I can get into RCM

NewKaflue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have this very old switch that I used for testing different mod chips out on and different firmware's etc. One day some time ago it just stopped booting all together. I was using SXOS at the time. I tried the latest atmosphere at the time and it still would just show the atmosphere logo and then go to black screen. Replaced the SD card reader with new one, tried different SD cards (that work fine on my other switches) both exfat and fat32. Since I was able to get into hekate through RCM I tried flashing my original backup (which was the first OG firmware for the switch). Now it just boots to the Nintendo logo and black screen again.

I'd like to try and upgrade to the latest firmware and atmosphere but I can only get into RCM. It won't load any OFW or CFW after that. I can get into hekate and other payloads but nothing resembling a working OS so I can't do the update using any homebrew tools from the regular menu on the switch.

Is there anyway to perform an update to the latest firmware when you can only access RCM?

Edit: fuse count is original.

Edit: I'm going to restore my backup I took when I first noticed the problem and work from there. Firmware was 11.0 then.

Edit: Here's the error that is displayed when I try and boot the latest atmosphere:

A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere.
Program ID: 01000000000000005
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)

Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_000000000011519cb.bin
Press Power to reboot.

Post automatically merged:

So after working on this all day yesterday I learned that Hekate shows 0% battery even though it's fully charged. Hekate will run for hours until the battery is fully dead for real but apparently there is a chip on the board that reports the battery charge to the OS that is faulty. That's why I can't boot OFW or CFW. Hekate doesn't care but the OS thinks it's a dead battery.

Swapping a chip that small is out of my league so I guess I'll just sell this for parts.

Last edited by NewKaflue,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game +1