Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So imho this SX os needed a lot more time in development. I've tried 4 different micro sd cards, formatted exfat and fat32, formatted by both my pc (windows 10) and the Switch itself. And it just doesn't work. Some games will show up on one card but not another, not too big a deal. But the issue is, several games will only load if they are trimmed. The problem is, they also always crash the whole system if trimmed. Trying them on all 4 sd cards, regardless of formatting, untrimmed always without fail gives me the "game card could not be read" error, and trimmed they always crash without fail quite early on.

Ittle Dew 2+ will only load if trimmed, and always crashes when I try to enter a different screen from the one you start playing on.
Kirby and Penny punching Princess likewise, only load if trimmed, but both crash on loading screens.
Mario + Rabbids, trimmed only, crashes during the opening video.

I've tried multiple files for each from different locations and even self made backup in one case, to no avail.

I had the same problem but managed to find a workaround. I used NX-Shell to move the games that weren't showing up into my /switch folder, then moved em back into the root of my sd. now they show up for me!

Reactions: Gateau

Gateau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do not copy data onto your sd card from OSX, OSX file system create a hidden file that you can see in windows. It will appear in the form of _.nameoffile this is mostly likely the reason for your reading error. If you show hidden files is OSX you will see those. Delete them and it might work.
I've just deleted them using a Widows PC, they were only present for less than half of the .xci files, however, the problem is still present. Same two game are working, the rest ain't. Thanks for you help, though, and if you don't mind, I'll PM you in a bit :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had the same problem but managed to find a workaround. I used NX-Shell to move the games that weren't showing up into my /switch folder, then moved em back into the root of my sd. now they show up for me!
is there by any chance a more detailed guide for unskilled noobs like myself? :wub:

Duckbuster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried SX OS, so far only 2 games actually "mount":
uSD: Samsung Evo plus 256GB
Switch: 5.1.0
SX OS: 1.0

Working:
Hyrule.Warriors.Definitive.Edition.NSW-BigBlueBox
Puyo.Puyo.Tetris.EUR.PROPER.NSW-BigBlueBox

Not working: "the game card could not be read."
(https://s.lolisandstuff.moe/qNYxiyKC.jpg)
Snipperclips.Plus.Cut.it.Out.Together.v001.NSW-BigBlueBox
1.2.Switch.PROPER.NSW-BigBlueBox
Azure.Striker.GUNVOLT.STRIKER.PACK.NSW-BigBlueBox
Donkey.Kong.Country.Tropical.Freeze.NSW-BigBlueBox
Kirby.Star.Allies.NSW-BigBlueBox
Mario.plus.Rabbids.Kingdom.Battle.PROPER.NSW-BigBlueBox

Ok update:
I copied the roms again, they can't be fragmented.

Before I used Linux and it copied multiple files at once.
Now I used windows so it copied one file at a time.

chowyunfatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So imho this SX os needed a lot more time in development. I've tried 4 different micro sd cards, formatted exfat and fat32, formatted by both my pc (windows 10) and the Switch itself. And it just doesn't work. Some games will show up on one card but not another, not too big a deal. But the issue is, several games will only load if they are trimmed. The problem is, they also always crash the whole system if trimmed. Trying them on all 4 sd cards, regardless of formatting, untrimmed always without fail gives me the "game card could not be read" error, and trimmed they always crash without fail quite early on.

Ittle Dew 2+ will only load if trimmed, and always crashes when I try to enter a different screen from the one you start playing on.
Kirby and Penny punching Princess likewise, only load if trimmed, but both crash on loading screens.

I've tried multiple files for each from different locations and even self made backup in one case, to no avail.
What make and type of cards? All those work perfect for me. Playing Kirby now no problems, street fighter too others said don't work. Played SF for about 3 hours over multiple times no problem what do ever.

I think 95% of problems with games will be their SD card.

Gateau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
is it working for you now? I'm experiencing the very same problem... :/

and whats confusing me: why would @ryanjf97 mention the /switch folder? you do actually have to copy the files to root of the sd card, don't you? :shy:

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Don't have the first 2 but Mario+Rabbids works perfectly "out of the box" for me (untrimmed, and I can play the game without crashing)

I also don't understand how trimming a game can fix it ... I think that something else may cause an issue here.

Reactions: chowyunfatt

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just deleted them using a Widows PC, they were only present for less than half of the .xci files, however, the problem is still present. Same two game are working, the rest ain't. Thanks for you help, though, and if you don't mind, I'll PM you in a bit :)

is there by any chance a more detailed guide for unskilled noobs like myself? :wub:
If you're on macOS, try running this command from the Terminal after copying your games onto the SD card:
Code:
sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDCARD
Be sure to replace SDCARD with the name of your microSD.

Reactions: Gateau

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried SX OS, so far only 2 games actually "mount":
uSD: Samsung Evo plus 256GB
Switch: 5.1.0
SX OS: 1.0

Working:
Hyrule.Warriors.Definitive.Edition.NSW-BigBlueBox
Puyo.Puyo.Tetris.EUR.PROPER.NSW-BigBlueBox

Not working: "the game card could not be read."
(https://s.lolisandstuff.moe/qNYxiyKC.jpg)
Snipperclips.Plus.Cut.it.Out.Together.v001.NSW-BigBlueBox
1.2.Switch.PROPER.NSW-BigBlueBox
Azure.Striker.GUNVOLT.STRIKER.PACK.NSW-BigBlueBox
Donkey.Kong.Country.Tropical.Freeze.NSW-BigBlueBox
Kirby.Star.Allies.NSW-BigBlueBox
Mario.plus.Rabbids.Kingdom.Battle.PROPER.NSW-BigBlueBox

1.2.Switch, Donkey Kong, Mario+Rabbids work out of the box for me (Same release as yours and I don't have the other games).

Switch at 5.1.0, Sandisk 64 GB SD-card

Gateau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you're on macOS, try running this command from the Terminal after copying your games onto the SD card:
Code:
sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDCARD
Be sure to replace SDCARD with the name of your microSD.
didn't work unfortunately.... thanks, though!

Phoenixx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What make and type of cards? All those work perfect for me. Playing Kirby now no problems, street fighter too others said don't work. Played SF for about 3 hours over multiple times no problem what do ever.

I think 95% of problems with games will be their SD card.

A 4gb Sandisk, 2 8gb Sandisk, and a 32gb Sandisk Ultra. All 4 work perfectly in the rest of my devices (2 Android phones, a generic media player, my 3DS, and even the Switch itself outside of SX os) so the issue is within SX os. Some things just work fine, Pokken Tournament, 88 Heroes, and Darkest Dungeon all just work untrimmed. Others like Puyo Puyo tetris will only show up on the 4GB card but not the rest. All I know is I've spent the past 8ish hours copying and formatting, and reformatting these sd cards so I'm just gonna play what works until either Atmosphere comes out and layerdfs get's better, or Xecuter updates the os and fixes it lol.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
A 4gb Sandisk, 2 8gb Sandisk, and a 32gb Sandisk Ultra. All 4 work perfectly in the rest of my devices (2 Android phones, a generic media player, my 3DS, and even the Switch itself outside of SX os) so the issue is within SX os. Some things just work fine, Pokken Tournament, 88 Heroes, and Darkest Dungeon all just work untrimmed. Others like Puyo Puyo tetris will only show up on the 4GB card but not the rest. All I know is I've spent the past 8ish hours copying and formatting, and reformatting these sd cards so I'm just gonna play what works until either Atmosphere comes out and layerdfs get's better, or Xecuter updates the os and fixes it lol.
Could be your roms that are not working well, because other users dont have that particular problems

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ho I didn’t back up actually have non original games , but the one I downloaded worked great !
Thanks for clarifying. Yeah In only do personal dumps but still odd that we have different results on various games.

Did some more personal dumps;

Working
---
Rime
The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim
DOOM (did show an online restriction warning)
Bayonetta 2
Resident Evil - Revelations (did show an online restriction warning)

I will test more tomorrow. But still all in all this is not a bad first showing.
Is it perfect ... surely not yet but. From all I tested only 4 titles are acting up.

Reactions: matias3ds

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slow Loading Screens (DK Tropical Freeze): Noticing Slow loading of games compared to original game cartridge (DK Tropical Freeze BBB Release - currently making my own dump to see if that cause the issue)
  • Cards used:
    • Samsung EVO Plus U3 128gb - Ex Fat

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection: Software error notice while loading (BBB release as well as personal dumps tested by @PatrickD85 )
  • Solution : Seems to be SX OS error, or something in particular with the game itself.

Any news about DK?

And Street Fighter seems to work fine here :

Around minute 11

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven’t had problem with a game yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: