• Total voters

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tested two more ... and that is it for now.
Will test more tomorrow.

Working
---
Pokken Tournament
Monopoly

EDIT:
Street Fighter 30th Anniverasary is now working ... I retried to open it and it wanted to download an update.
And then it worked just fine...

Last edited by PatrickD85,

Voxbox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to reapply the sxos payload
Drained battery is a possibility. For now I recommend you let it charge for at least a half an out to an hour. Then try turning it on. Make sure you go to RCM to get back into CFW.
I’ll keep checking on you throughout the day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

H4nz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • Firmware You're Running
  • 1.0.0 using reboot_to_rcm
  • SD Card Specs (Brand, model, size, format) - SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC UHS-I Card formatted to fat32
  • Backup Name and Origin (i.e. Your own? BBB Release? header included or header free?) -
  • N/A - not able to get this far
  • Details of the error - how it happened. when it happened first. can you reproduce it?
  • Yes - able to boot into SX OS but then not able to boot into Modified nor Original Firmware (black screen, have to hold power for 10-15 sec)
  • Details of Solution - If you already found it, or went somewhere else online to find the solution, add it anyways so that every may know.
  • Not sure yet. Going to try a jig to see if modifying the album is the problem or if it's an issue with 1.0.0 switches

Posting again to confirm - reboot_to_rcm for 1.0.0 switches does NOT work with SX OS. Used a wire to boot into RCM mode and everything is working correctly now.

Probably not too many people that benefit from this but wanted to update!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested two more ... and that is it for now.
Will test more tomorrow.

Working
---
Pokken Tournament
Monopoly

EDIT:
Street Fighter 30th Anniverasary is now working ... I retried to open it and it wanted to download an update.
And then it worked just fine...
yeah i saw it wotking in skullator SX OS review video
so you said "download an update" system or game?
probably been asked already but can you update your system offline with a cart backup or do you need physical cart to do it?

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys, Since I only just got home and had to edit photos, I didn't get a chance to update. Will read the thread tomorrow morning and add all confirmed error and solutions to the front! To bed I go.

tuntun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Try this:

Previous version splitted the files wrong

any conformation the updated splitter is working for anyone? I retried with the new splitter and it still produced game cart error. Tried a different xci and the same error occurred. (4.1 fw, 128gb fat32 card)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did some more personal dumps;

Working
---
The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Ittle Dew 2+
Axiom Verge

Dont show up
---
Yoku's Island Express
Sushi Striker - The Way of Sushido
Would you mind sharing your dumper? The current public ones do not work on card2 type games like Sushi Striker.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
So I installed the SX OS using my PC and enabled auto-RCM. My understanding was that this would allow me to boot into CFW automatically after the device is turned off.
Everything works fine although when my device turns off, it automatically boots into safe mode ( without needing a jig) but I need to inject the payload through my PC otherwise my console is bricked.

Is this working as intended or am I supposed to be able to turn on my switch to a CFW without connecting to anything?

Also, how can I go about returning to the menu that lets me disable auto RCM?

edit: As I re-read what I wrote I see how potentially silly me question is. I assume RCM = Recovery Mode and that the point of the dongle is to auto launch the payload...
If in auto RCM you will always need something to deliver the payload

daniyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any conformation the updated splitter is working for anyone? I retried with the new splitter and it still produced game cart error. Tried a different xci and the same error occurred. (4.1 fw, 128gb fat32 card)

I am having the same issue too with the new splitter

chowyunfatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DK Tropical works fine
Fifa 18 works fine

Why is first page saying problems..
Bad dumps, bad formatted SD cards, cheap SD cards? Different makes of SD cards.

I would guess its 1 of 2 problems or a combination of both! Bad dumps or the SD cards, either through formatting or make/type.
If a BBB release works perfect for a number of people and others have problems then it can't be the release because everybody would have problems.
Likewise if peoples own dumps dont work but BBB's do of the same game then to me that says it's a SD error.

I know people will say but my SD card works fine in my camera, phone, 3ds or whatever, that doesn't mean it will work fine in the switch. I've had problems like this before regarding cards working fine in some devices and not in others, it happens.
I would suggest people get the best cards they can, use a proper formatting program, not windows. I also think it would be a good idea to compile a list of cards and see if there is a pattern for make and models that don't work as good.

Run about 20 games so far with no problems, jumping in and out of home menu, sleep mode, swapping games quickly from one to the other over 3 days now all fine and all BBB. Street Fighter, DK, Kirby, all the ones some are having problems with. I would upload a video but my camera on my phone is broken. The only games that haven't worked so far is type 2 and thats know.

5.1 Switch
128gb Samsung EVO Plus Micro SDXC UHS-I

Last edited by chowyunfatt,
Reactions: ryanjf97

Phoenixx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people will say but my SD card works fine in my camera, phone, 3ds or whatever, that doesn't mean it will work fine in the switch.
If a card works in every device you have, in my case including the Switch outside of SX Os, then it's clearly not the card/s at fault. You may be lucky and have everything work. There's clearly a good number of us who aren't so lucky. The SX Os clearly has issues with some makes and models of microsd cards. It's why I said it needed more time in development.

chowyunfatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If a card works in every device you have, in my case including the Switch outside of SX Os, then it's clearly not the card/s at fault.
Think your wrong there. SD cards can have problems from one device to the other. I've got a Toshiba card right in front of me that works perfect in a 3ds but I get read errors and crashing when using on a pi for example running home assistant.
Also tried it on a two phones, same thing one worked greta other kept getting freezing problems. Tried other cards and problems fixed.

Also please show your exact model of SD card and your FW number. This way a list could be made to see if some SD cards have problems

Last edited by chowyunfatt,

ekosfer147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Can I remove microsd card after the boot of SX OS and than can I transfer backups with my pc than reinsert microsd to switch, will backups show/work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1