Hacking SX OS cartridges fails to load on first input (Bug?)

Richard E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I put a game cartridge into the slot, I get an error message saying the game could not be read. Then when I put it in a second time, it reads just fine. I have to repeat this process for every cartridge game whenever I play them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20190102_101213.jpg
    20190102_101213.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 685

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I put a game cartridge into the slot, I get an error message saying the game could not be read. Then when I put it in a second time, it reads just fine. I have to repeat this process for every cartridge game whenever I play them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First things first.. What is your current setup?

This is happening to one of my friend’s Switch that was just recently hacked.

For some background they performed a fresh wipe on SysNAND 6.2 then created EmuNAND right after (running SX OS 2.5 Beta).

It also ONLY happens to them within the EmuNAND as they can't replicate the issue within their SysNAND.

They said they might have left a cartridge in the slot while they were creating the EmuNAND. Not sure of the validity of that claim however as they don’t want to go through the whole setup process again...

Richard E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a 6.2.0 Nintendo Switch with SX OS Beta 2.5.1

I do NOT have autoRCM, nor have I installed EmuNAND.

This issue does not happen on stock firmware, nor does it happen in ReiNX. Just in SX OS.

The only change I've done is qlaunch for custom themes.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it somehow makes sense that something like this happens in SX, since it's able to hook into the cartridge (as it's mounting xci). I'd not worry about it too much. Probably normal.

Clutchman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mount an XCI file first and then insert the game cartridge you are trying to play. For some reason an XCI file needs to be mounted first before the cartridge can be read on the first try.

Richard E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mount an XCI file first and then insert the game cartridge you are trying to play. For some reason an XCI file needs to be mounted first before the cartridge can be read on the first try.

But all my games are physical cartridges. I wish I could disable the xci load feature until when I want to use it xD I mainly install game updates + DLC with SX OS, so after installing them, I can play those straight from the game cartridge. My SD card is only 32gb. I REALLY don't want to buy a larger one, just to dump all my games, to fix this error.

Thank you for using the superior Team-Xecuter line of products!
Worry not, this issue is already known and the CEO of Team-Xecuter is working hard to fix this issue in a future update!

I'm very glad to hear that! Would love to see this fixed.

Reply back please, hoping the "ignore" option works how I hope it does.

It would be funny if you posted talking this way 1 or 2 times, you're horribly annoying though. You might be worse than the people bitching about TX.

Edit: ignoring someone removes all posts from the person? My god I wish I knew this a while ago

Whooooah, just calm down dude. Sure, was a bit of a advertising...but he said the issue is known and is being worked on. Don't like him, just ignore him.

Happens to everyone who uses SX OS.

Thank you, you are the first person to give a clear answer. I was worried I was the only person noticing this. I guess it was a designed feature for XCI loading.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Happens to everyone who uses SX OS.

Just checked and I can confirm that this does indeed happen on my setup as well.

Never noticed it before as I always mounted before inserting a Game Cartridge...

Thanks for the clarification all!

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I also had this from the first day of using SXOS, since it´s just a minor bug (re-inserting the cartrige fixes it) i never really worried about it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs