SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
each to their own, but for me you can't beat the simplicity of cutting and pasting a XCI onto a sd card or USB HDD and not having to install it and knowing it will run first time :)
you know it takes like 3 minutes to install an xci to atmosphere, and they actually load faster, right?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@linuxares instead of calling me dumb kindly read what I wrote. I only mentioned sept as atmosphere fanatics were calling out tx that they could not bypass sept logo. But as you can clearly see but not understand that they are talented enough to use an old exploit and boot into 7.0.1.
Word is that they glitched sept to reveal the key. Clever if so, but they won’t be able to do it again since said issue has already been identified in the latest sept.

If they had their own exploit chain, they could have coded their own sept-like tsec payload rather than hard-coding the key. They might actually incur the wrath of big N now.

Reactions: Deleted User

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS basically does the same thing except they just go ahead and use the key instead of having to do a workaround. Hence all the drama.

So you keep saying things as if you are a point of authority, but you don't actually seem to know what their boot is or isn't doing with the included tsec_root_key. Though you also didn't seem to understand the difference from encryption-base to plain text key.

Are you sure someone isn't just telling you nonsense?

TX is prepared for that eventuality.

Also this is such weird wording, are you confirming that they glitched sept? Because eventuality implies "they did this, but they're ready to find another wall to beat their heads against".

I'd say your posts often read like Gary's which also tend to pretend to know what they're talking about but generally just spout nonsense that others have to correct. Is this a common theme of anyone "affiliated" with TX?

Last edited by V-Temp,

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.6.1 Beta released fixing HDD loading
Also fix the bug for activating SX OS on Switch, my friend waited so long for booting SX OS via the pro dongle he bought, but all he got was the License in Use screen on the 7.0 console. The he mailed the seller mod3dscard and he got reply soon with 2.6.1 update, Now everything works.
  • SXOS Online License Activation
    People who anticipated the 2.6 release for a while but didn't have a valid license on their microSD card yet experienced an issue where they were unable to activate their copy of SX OS. This has been addressed and fixed!
  • USB Harddisk support regression
    It turns out that we broke support for USB Harddisks on firmware 7.x during our final iterations of development. This has been corrected, you can all enjoy your external storage again!

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word is that they glitched sept to reveal the key. Clever if so, but they won’t be able to do it again since said issue has already been identified in the latest sept.

If they had their own exploit chain, they could have coded their own sept-like tsec payload rather than hard-coding the key. They might actually incur the wrath of big N now.

So basically they still found a way to steal from atmosphere... now that is hilarious. Never stop being shitty TX.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm late on this so mods can feel free to remove if offtopic, but color me surprised. So TX actually did end up using sept for shit and spent the better part of a month trying to break it? And succeeded?

I must say, I'm actually impressed with them, and I'll gladly eat my words saying that they'd never use sept.

D

Deleted User

nope they didn't crack it. Sept is not cracked to any degree. read everything above.

Reactions: gizmomelb

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm late on this so mods can feel free to remove if offtopic, but color me surprised. So TX actually did end up using sept for shit and spent the better part of a month trying to break it? And succeeded?

I must say, I'm actually impressed with them, and I'll gladly eat my words saying that they'd never use sept.
thats only half accurate. they couldnt crack sept, they just managed to get the fw key from the switch by using it. this allows them to boot on 7.X, but only by including that key in sxos itself. so theyre not using sept, theyre actually bundling copyright code in sxos to boot, hence all links to the cfw being removed from the site because its now illegal. they tried to use sept itself, as theres still leftover code from them trying to implement it, but they failed.

Reactions: MRTMW

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not completely clear what they did or didn't do, just that there's remnants of their attempts at using sept or the possibility that they used sept (attacked it) to get the keys they needed. Their distribution of the tsec keys also appears to be entirely superfluous, but their boot is currently riddled with unused remnants, suggesting this thing was rushed out of the door the instant they got it working to not completely cede the market. Hence shipping with limited changes, broken functionality, and code remnants all over the place.

Without direct details we won't know till Nintendo's next major revision and Scires' next version of sept, if they did glitch out the keys through sept or another side channel, and either or both are patched or fixed up a bit to make that harder or probability wise less likely, we can expect lengthy delays again.

If not, they should have the key in seconds after a new firmware release.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you phrasing TX distributing illegal content, after trying to steal code from devs who spend their free time working for the community, as "people trying to find something to complain about"?

yes! even if SX OS acknowledged atmos and went open source.. there would still be whiners.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also fix the bug for activating SX OS on Switch, my friend waited so long for booting SX OS via the pro dongle he bought, but all he got was the License in Use screen on the 7.0 console. The he mailed the seller mod3dscard and he got reply soon with 2.6.1 update, Now everything works.
  • SXOS Online License Activation
    People who anticipated the 2.6 release for a while but didn't have a valid license on their microSD card yet experienced an issue where they were unable to activate their copy of SX OS. This has been addressed and fixed!
  • USB Harddisk support regression
    It turns out that we broke support for USB Harddisks on firmware 7.x during our final iterations of development. This has been corrected, you can all enjoy your external storage again!

SX 2.6.1 fixes an issue where plugging in a third party dock/adapter could lead to a crash. Now I can use my COOV SH350 Pro+HDMI+HDD+Battery to play on TV and handheld mode alternatively without rebooting with that combo on the first place.

A+

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes! even if SX OS acknowledged atmos and went open source.. there would still be whiners.
if atmos devs allowed tx to use their code and tx credited them, id have no issue with it and i guarantee you no one else would either. i have issue with tx trying to use atmos' code uncredited (which they attempted to do here) and against atmos teams will.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a pity that rebooting to payload does not work directly after updating SX OS on the console itself with the SX Menu updater. Just blackscreens, would have been one of the nice applications for that - since you have to reboot to load the updated SX OS.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.