SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is a 2nd most important feature for me.
I can make a backup of Emunand files on my PC.
Then I can mess around in Emunand and when I want to reset it, just delete files from the micro sd and copy over the back up emunand. Takes 7-8 minutes only.
It is like a save state of that time of your system.

Done this several time.
Honestly more power to you if you enjoy it. I've never liked emunand so I dont care that I dont have it on switch. But I'd rather people have the option to use it then not, so I'll be happy when it comes to atmos because then people who do care can use it.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it allows you to install nsps from hdd. so we do have hdd support, and xci support if you factor in that theres homebrew to install xcis as an nsp. all that missing is 'emunand' which is a pretty shitty feature anyway. atmos has the advantage of supporting new firmwares a month in advance and having new homebrew features faster like retroarch full ram access and reboot to payload.

1. installing an XCI like an NSP is NOT the same as directly loading and running the XCI image from a USB device. The whole purpose of XCI is that it does not need to be installed.

2. emunand is a shitty feature hey? Funny how SciresM said it wasn't and it's on the roadmap for atmosphere.. I'm sure you'll change your tune once you use emuNAND

3. with the way TX have added 7.x support, we have to wait and see if there are roadblocks when newer firmware comes out.. until then it is piss in the wind.

4. retroarch full access to ram has been in SX OS since at least version 2.3 You just need to click the R button to execute with full ram access instead of running as an applet.

5. it appear reboot to payload is supported in SXOS version 2.6

keep trying, it helps if you research and have your facts correct instead of looking like a biased fanboi idiot.

Reactions: ceycey

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX 2.6.1 fixes an issue where plugging in a third party dock/adapter could lead to a crash. Now I can use my COOV SH350 Pro+HDMI+HDD+Battery to play on TV and handheld mode alternatively without rebooting with that combo on the first place.

A+
COOV SH350 Pro, how much is it?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. installing an XCI like an NSP is NOT the same as directly loading and running the XCI image from a USB device. The whole purpose of XCI is that it does not need to be installed.

2. emunand is a shitty feature hey? Funny how SciresM said it wasn't and it's on the roadmap for atmosphere.. I'm sure you'll change your tune once you use emuNAND

3. with the way TX have added 7.x support, we have to wait and see if there are roadblocks when newer firmware comes out.. until then it is piss in the wind.

4. retroarch full access to ram has been in SX OS since at least version 2.3 You just need to click the R button to execute with full ram access instead of running as an applet.

keep trying, it helps if you research and have your facts correct instead of looking like a biased fanboi idiot.
1. Nothing to deny here.
2. It is useful if you want online and can't/won't buy a new console just for that. I dont care about online yet, so I don't mind not having it now.
3. Ninty is probably going to add new root key. So they would need to obtain it somehow (again) or use Sept, which they tried but failed.
4. Nothing to deny here.
5. That's side effect of them "implementing" exosphere. That's why the payload needs to be in atmosphere folder.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Its actually better. You can run them on the go and they load faster.
2. SciresM can say whatever he wants, in my experience I find emunand clunky and more likely to fuck things up than help. That's not TXs emunand, that's emunand in general across all consoles.
3. Uhhhh what?
4. You didnt read what I said. I said atmos got those features earlier, not that sxos doesnt have them.
5. Read 4
I know what I'm talking about and am not a "biased fanboy" but keep up the ad hominems. Despite hating tx as a company I've actually recommended sxos before when it fits peoples specific use case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nah, if you really think this your switch is probably banned
I actually have no idea if I'm banned or not but it doesnt matter to me. I dont use emunand on my 3ds, I dont and wouldnt use it on my switch, I dont use it on my Wii. I used to use emunand on 3ds and wii and it caused me nothing but trouble and took up space.

Reactions: Deleted User

Z00T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you SXOS again, although no need for 7.01 support for me but as usual much respect and thanks for your work.
Anusphere used for this? idc it works and yes I paid for it pfft

Reactions: tbb043 and Erol

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We need proof for that tho.

Well they also did fix the plaintext key.

The only change in patcher_BFC70000_F0000000.bin is the missing key, most likely they didn't like this revealed.
I didn't find the new location yet, but my guess is an earlier encrypted payload or it's now encrypted somewhere else.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you know it takes like 3 minutes to install an xci to atmosphere, and they actually load faster, right?

it takes nothing thou to install a XCI file using SX, as for faster how much faster ? i can't say I've noticed :unsure: maybe they do, but i only install NSP files when i have to, not a fan of them :(

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Just because the key is not visible in plaintext doesn't mean it's not there anymore. It can be obfuscated/encrypted. Also there is other illegal content in there like certs so it doesn't matter really.

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.