Hacking SX Modchip firmware has been dumped

  • Thread starter Thread starter masagrator
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 132,507
  • Replies Replies 371
  • Likes Likes 49
I really hope they don't limit this to Mariko units only. I'd love to boot directly into atmosphere without sx menu, and by the looks of it, won't take 5 minutes between payload changes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChronoTrig
  • Like
Reactions: bbsan2k
People are telling you these 2 statements you just made contradict each other.


Erista (V2) Patched needs TX chip to do atmos/hekate.
i get what you are saying but Erista v2 can be booted without a modchip with atmos I've done it, it just needs to be on an old fw
 
i get what you are saying but Erista v2 can be booted without a modchip with atmos I've done it, it just needs to be on an old fw
As in very very very old fw that doesn't have an exploit, right?
That's why people are still saying something about your statement because a lot of people have upgraded their firmware or the tx discussion wouldn't be taking place. I got my Erista V2 in mid 2018 and I missed out on the exploits and my switch was on 6 then.
 
Last edited by ChronoTrig,
As in very very very old fw that doesn't have an exploit, right?
That's why people are still saying something about your statement because a lot of people have upgraded their firmware or the tx discussion wouldn't be taking place. I got my Erista V2 in mid 2018 and I missed out on the exploits and my switch was on 6 then.
Oh that's sucks I guess I was lucky then I had 2 systems that was exploitable without the RCM exploit, so I didn't need a tx chip nor did I need the RCM loader
 
Oh that's sucks I guess I was lucky then I had 2 systems that was exploitable without the RCM exploit, so I didn't need a tx chip nor did I need the RCM loader
Sure. But not everyone seems to be as lucky you, bud.
Hence, once again, why people are having the discussion of the TX chip.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kei00
okay I guess that's what my point still stans sx core/lite needs to run atmos but it does not require a modded firmware for the Erista, it can already run atmos only the Mariko switch requires modded firmware at this point.
 
okay I guess that's what my point still stans sx core/lite needs to run atmos but it does not require a modded firmware for the Erista, it can already run atmos only the Mariko switch requires modded firmware at this point.
IF and only IF you are on an exploitable firmware - which is for very few people.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChronoTrig
no, you can use tx mod chip to boot atmos on Erista that's what I did
Yes, but have you noticed how it takes 5 minutes to change cfw and that you need to enter the sx menu eveytime to cleanup and boot Hekate? All these extra steps could be eliminated if the new modchip firmware supports erista chips too.
 
uh oh... new switch update... Will there be a new sx os update to support this new firmware? I guess we will find out soon
 
As i said. i use Beta v3.1.0. No Plugins used, only a theme but its removed
 
Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News