Tutorial SX Core Mariko - what to do next & post-install guide for newbies

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Samsung has known issue. Use Sandisk with guiformat. Make sure boot.dat is on root of SD card. If you still have issues then there's something wrong with the card reader.
Thanks. I’ve tried sandisk with guiformat to fat32 to no avail. I wouldn’t know where to start to diagnose or fix the card reader ...

Memoir

Hi, I'm Cynical!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Samsung has known issue. Use Sandisk with guiformat. Make sure boot.dat is on root of SD card. If you still have issues then there's something wrong with the card reader.
What's the known issue? I don't see many reports of failed Samsung cards with the Switch. In fact, I see it as one of the more recommended cards. Genuinely curious.

Memoir

Hi, I'm Cynical!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi again ! Update: I used the sandisk, but this time I used disk part to delete the partition and recreate it. Formatted it with guiformat and it went ok !!! Thanks guys !!!

(Ps: I did the same thing with the Samsung and it didn’t work)

Last edited by andycted,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Lockpick_RCM still brick Mariko units? The latest release says it's supported. Only downside to creating a tutorial is the need to maintain it with updated information...

Lycidias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello :)

I'm going to get my v2 mariko switch chipped with sx core.
After following this great guide on fw 10.2 and get everything running with latest sx os beta:

1. Is it possible to update my emunand with choidujournx to 11.0.0?
2. After I got my emunand updated to 11.0.0, could I update my sysnand via nintendo servers to 11.0.1? I like to get a few non-paid games on the eshop.
3. Would the emunand still boot with the latest official firmware on sysnand(is emunand always booting, regardless of the installed ode)?
4. How could I switch to atmosphere on mariko with sx core installed ? (For using daybreak for example)
5. How to Dualboot sx os and atmosphere?
Is this possible with retroreloaded or something like this ?
6. How to use the same emunand for sx os AND atmosphere? (File based)
7. Are there good all in on file packages for cfws on mariko?

Thank you!

Last edited by Lycidias,

arawitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Lycidias

Glad to hear it helped you. :)

1. Yes. Though using ChoidujourNX introduce some extra steps if you ever decide to use Atmosphere later on.Also make sure you have your boot0/boot1 backed up first.
2. 3. I don't know if Genuine Boot works with latest OFW. You might want to ask on sxos discord.
4. and 5. Here's a guide on that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/running-atmosphere-on-patched-sx-core-switch.574083
6. I'm not sure if that is possible, maybe it is.
7. I'm not aware if there is. Though I wouldn't recommend using that kind of packages, simply because they quickly become outdated.

Last edited by arawitch,
Reactions: Lycidias

n0xius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does Lockpick_RCM still brick Mariko units? The latest release says it's supported. Only downside to creating a tutorial is the need to maintain it with updated information...
the latest release works fine with mariko units. it's not able to dump all keys under sxos though since they wipe some keys after starting their bootloader. it will dump every key just fine if you loaded it via hekate which is got loaded via spacecraft-nx or the sx gear method

arawitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just updated the guide: added an additional section for Atmosphere, changed the "Saves" section in favor of JKSV, and made some minor changes here and there.

Reactions: Lycidias

WhimsicalCotton

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can I still mod my switch v2 that is currently on version 12.0.0?
My switch is updated to that version and my friend just sold me a new sx core chip?But I've updated it to 12.0.0 and from what I've heard, sx os doesn't support anything above 11, so am I screwed?

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I still mod my switch v2 that is currently on version 12.0.0?
My switch is updated to that version and my friend just sold me a new sx core chip?But I've updated it to 12.0.0 and from what I've heard, sx os doesn't support anything above 11, so am I screwed?

no, you can still boot into sx menu, do a clean up, and flash spacecraft nx. then you should be able to load hekate and atmosphere

WhimsicalCotton

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Okay, so I just installed Spacecraft on my chip and installed Atmosphere. My firmware is on 12.0.2
But now, when I enter sleep mode or the switch sleeps on itself, it sometimes won't turn back on and stays on with a blank screen, but I can tell it's turned on since there's light coming from it.
So is this normal, or do I need to put hekate in it?

Edit: Yep needed hekate, fixed now.

Last edited by WhimsicalCotton,

Noimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I just installed Spacecraft on my chip and installed Atmosphere. My firmware is on 12.0.2
But now, when I enter sleep mode or the switch sleeps on itself, it sometimes won't turn back on and stays on with a blank screen, but I can tell it's turned on since there's light coming from it.
So is this normal, or do I need to put hekate in it?

Edit: Yep needed hekate, fixed now.

Not a big fan of the flashing Spacecraft method of installation. Recently got a Switch Lite modded with SXLite and SXOS and upgraded to Atmosphere utilizing the following guide:

https://www.sthetix.info/migrating-from-the-sx-os-to-atmosphere/

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the latest release works fine with mariko units. it's not able to dump all keys under sxos though since they wipe some keys after starting their bootloader. it will dump every key just fine if you loaded it via hekate which is got loaded via spacecraft-nx or the sx gear method

Hi @n0xius , so I've been struggling to get my keys with latest Lockpick_RCM. I've put SX Gear on my card and renamed hekate to payload.bin and the Switch boots straight into Hekate, but when I launch Lockpick_RCM from within Hekate payloads I still only get the limited dump of keys.

Looks like same issue described here, where the solution was to use Spacecraft (which I don't want to do). https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM/issues/46

Any idea why the other method you suggested doesn't work for me?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by OriginalCopycat,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Manu10MGG @ Manu10MGG: anyone who has solved the befreind code for pmd dx?