Tutorial SX Core Mariko - what to do next & post-install guide for newbies

ergiii

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for the guide! Can I ask, what is the point of using Tinfoil if you're using XCI's? You can just load them with the album app right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the guide! Can I ask, what is the point of using Tinfoil if you're using XCI's? You can just load them with the album app right?
Not all games come available as .XCI files and all updates are dumped originally .NSP files so having a title manager is handy although I would much rather recommend Awoo Installer.

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the best course of action do update de Switch firmware knowing that i have the Sx Core installed (and up to date 3.1.0 beta)
If you can point me to a guide i would appreciated a lot.
Thanks

Georgiakas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Merry Christmas! I have follow the tutorial and I have tinfoil to download games. Everything was OK for downloading but when I try to play the switch turns off and I have black screen. I push the power butom for 15 sec and still nothing. Sometimes it may appear the SX core logo and then black screen again. After a half of hour it may opens. Sorry for my English. I Don t know what to do, I would appreciate it if someone could help me

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas! I have follow the tutorial and I have tinfoil to download games. Everything was OK for downloading but when I try to play the switch turns off and I have black screen. I push the power butom for 15 sec and still nothing. Sometimes it may appear the SX core logo and then black screen again. After a half of hour it may opens. Sorry for my English. I Don t know what to do, I would appreciate it if someone could help me
Does the console have battery?

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi and thanks for the guide. The sx core was successfully installed and I am seeing blue and then green light. I'm stuck at the boot.dat logo, I've tried different types of microsd formatted to fat32 without success. I Always keep seeing the boot.dat logo. What should I try ?
(I've downloaded the boot.dat from team xecuter website and put it in the root of the sd card. Microsd are Samsung and Sandisk of 256 and 128GB)
thanks

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
samsung is kind of a joke, i had 3 to 4 samsung evo ( sometime work and sometime doesnt and sometime work till creating emunand and does not boot up). The patriot sd card that im using working 100% of the time, installed around 5 +. use mini partition wizard to format fat 32.

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
samsung is kind of a joke, i had 3 to 4 samsung evo ( sometime work and sometime doesnt and sometime work till creating emunand and does not boot up). The patriot sd card that im using working 100% of the time, installed around 5 +. use mini partition wizard to format fat 32.
So I guess I could be aiming to find the right sd card, and I can assume it’s not another issue with the chip or soldering ? Which size and model are you using ? Thanks !

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I guess I could be aiming to find the right sd card, and I can assume it’s not another issue with the chip or soldering ? Which size and model are you using ? Thanks !

if it lights green, the chip is good to go. you have to check if your sd card works in genuine boot. try to save some screenshots while in genuine boot and see if the sd card reader works. worse case is if you have some bent pins in the sd connector.

recommendation are sandisk U1 or patriot (cheapest in canada), 256 gb is enough, 512gb is luxuary

Darkfella

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I had the same problem and it turned out that i didnt plug in the sd card reader properly. It wasnt pushed all the way down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well he wouldnt be able to go into SX OS boot menu if the console couldnt read the boot.dat file from the sd card no ?

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[edit] I tried to reseat the card reader many times...it clicks when it goes down and there is some resistance to take it out. Seems ok

also, nothing happens if I keep volume up pressed (same screen)

(sorry for the double post, forum appeared not to register the first)

Last edited by andycted,

CompSciOrBust

E tier homebrew dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[edit] I tried to reseat the card reader many times...it clicks when it goes down and there is some resistance to take it out. Seems ok

also, nothing happens if I keep volume up pressed (same screen)

(sorry for the double post, forum appeared not to register the first)
I think for SXOS it's volume up and volume down at the same time. Hekate uses volume up. Make sure you do it before pressing power.

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You only need to hold Vol+ when it turns green.
I’ve tried any combination, I don’t see anything else than the boot.dat red image. I’ve tried:
- power on + volume up and release power on
- power on + volume up and release both
- power on + volume up and keep both pressed (this actually results in the console turning off right after on)
- pressing volume up after the green light comes up

nothing works !

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You only need to press power on, wait for it to turn green, then hold Vol+. Which SD card are you using? Also make sure to use guiformat to format fat32.

andycted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You only need to press power on, wait for it to turn green, then hold Vol+. Which SD card are you using? Also make sure to use guiformat to format fat32.
I press power on, wait for the light to become green, and at the same time the boot.dat red image appears. At that point I can press volume up but nothing happens.
I tried a Samsung Evo 256gb and a Sandisk ultra 128gb both formatted via fat32format

don’t know if something is different for sx core

Last edited by andycted,

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Samsung has known issue. Use Sandisk with guiformat. Make sure boot.dat is on root of SD card. If you still have issues then there's something wrong with the card reader.

Last edited by DPyro,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Wiiu is easier to hack imo you just drag over 3 or 4 folders