Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

Dany-69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who installed it for you? If you paid for the install i suggest to bring it back to them and tell them to fix it. If you installed yourself then i suggest to inspect your solders very well and to use double sided tape to fix your device to the ram so it doesnt move. let us know what you find and if you solve this problem.

Installed by me, I inspected the solders and they make contact only with the two capacitors they need to.

some solder has leaked and is touching the SMD next to the SP2. I recommend carefully removing and cleaning the excess, remembering to keep a low temperature so as not to damage the SP2 and SP1, as they are extremely sensitive.

It was thermal paste that i didn't succed to remove it with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol.
I've checked and the solders are making contact only with the right capacitors.

An update:

https://streamable.com/almk52

It seems that isolating the chip with an old telephone card the "false contact" is not happening.. So i suppose is not something related to the ribbon cable, but cause by the contact between the chip and the underlying board.
What do you guys think?
Can i proceed isolating the chip and remounting the console?

Reactions: White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Installed by me, I inspected the solders and they make contact only with the two capacitors they need to.

It was thermal paste that i didn't succed to remove it with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol.
I've checked and the solders are making contact only with the right capacitors.

An update:

https://streamable.com/almk52

It seems that isolating the chip with an old telephone card the "false contact" is not happening.. So i suppose is not something related to the ribbon cable, but cause by the contact between the chip and the underlying board.
What do you guys think?
Can i proceed isolating the chip and remounting the console?
Something must have been grounding. Good for you for finding the issue. Just use electric tape to isolate from any ground. Happy to hear you solved it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For those of you wondering what it's called or where to find...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-155234.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-155234.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Something must have been grounding. Good for you for finding the issue. Just use electric tape to isolate from any ground. Happy to hear you solved it.

thanks for the info :-)

Reactions: White_Raven_X

Dany-69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

White I'm really exausted :cry:
Used the kapton tape to cover all possible contacts...

photo-2020-11-03-05-36-58.jpg

The chip now works good, but can't succed to pass the TX boot logo... :sad:
Both trying to boot OFW with the sysnad or the CFW with the emunand, give me black screen, chip's led turning off (i don't remember is this happened even before) and console "freezed" (i need to keep power button for 10 seconds for trying to boot again)...
I'm really frustrated...

https://streamable.com/p1bnzw

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
White I'm really exausted :cry:
Used the kapton tape to cover all possible contacts...

photo-2020-11-03-05-36-58.jpg

The chip now works good, but can't succed to pass the TX boot logo... :sad:
Both trying to boot OFW with the sysnad or the CFW with the emunand, give me black screen, chip's led turning off (i don't remember is this happened even before) and console "freezed" (i need to keep power button for 10 seconds for trying to boot again)...
I'm really frustrated...

https://streamable.com/p1bnzw

Looks like the chip is working and your display too! Thats good news. But maybe something wrong with your files on micro sd card? What did you use to install sd files? I honestly dont know anything about sx os but maybe you want to see if you can load fussee from sx os? Maybe you can ask someone that has more experience to help you?

Dany-69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks like the chip is working and your display too! Thats good news. But maybe something wrong with your files on micro sd card? What did you use to install sd files? I honestly dont know anything about sx os but maybe you want to see if you can load fussee from sx os? Maybe you can ask someone that has more experience to help you?

The content of the SDcard was the same that was working until yesterday, no changes at all.. :/
Nonetheless i tried formatting the same SD in fat32 and putting boot.dat and license.dat again ... nothing changes, still freeze with black screen both with OFW or CFW.
Tried changing the SDcard with another one, same result...
What worry me is that I can't boot the OFW :(
Instead the SX bootloader has allowed me to dump the sysnand again (i still have a copy from before all this drama...).
Now I really don't know what to do...
Open the console, again, and try to boot with the nand directly connected to the motherboard, hoping at least for a "normal" boot?
Give up and look for a local technician (that i really don't know where to find) able to solve this mess?
Trying to restore my old NAND dump, hoping that simply something got corrupted?
Oh god....

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to update you guys. I've received mine that I ordered from Ali. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_160832.jpg
    IMG_20201103_160832.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_20201103_161059.jpg
    IMG_20201103_161059.jpg
    795.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20201103_161025.jpg
    IMG_20201103_161025.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20201103_160754.jpg
    IMG_20201103_160754.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_20201103_160714__01.jpg
    IMG_20201103_160714__01.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20201103_160732.jpg
    IMG_20201103_160732.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 276

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Had a v2 with botched sp1/sp2 cap, replaced the sp2 cap and soldered the sp1 normally no issues without the cap, weird thing is when you shutdown or restart, fan ramps to full speed for 1 second and goes quite

weird as hell :D

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's on the usb key?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The worst video, of a video ever! Seriously, someone filmed a youtube video with their phone and copied it to that thumb drive. It was so shaky and the quality was so bad. Why didn't they just send me a link to that video instead. So weird!

Is there a way to run fusee with a sx lite installed? I don't want to use sx os.

*edit*
Nevermind, found this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/

Last edited by White_Raven_X,
Reactions: hartleyshc

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had an sx os switch before so I'm not sure how it works. Do I need to use a seperate dongle to inject payload on my lite? Can I install a trinket m0? If so, has anyone posted wiring connections on a lite?

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, guys, any link to grab an SXCore for v2 to France (and maybe an installer too).
Edit:
Ok, i've found several suppliers on AlieExpress and bought one yesterday.
Made several XBOX360 Jtag and RGH back in the days (along with years of soldering, but never done SMD before), so i guess i might give it a try.

Last edited by Don Killah,
Reactions: matias3ds

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can and have done it...
But no way to boot...[/QUO
I can and have done it...
But no way to boot...
Please give more details- what happens when you boot without sd card? Boot dat logo appears? The flickering means you messed up some capacitors in the surrounding area. You have to disconnect battery and dissolder everything with iron not very hot- take your time. Then, please provide photos. I'm sure there's a capacitor missing.

Reactions: Dany-69

Dany-69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please give more details- what happens when you boot without sd card? Boot dat logo appears? The flickering means you messed up some capacitors in the surrounding area. You have to disconnect battery and dissolder everything with iron not very hot- take your time. Then, please provide photos. I'm sure there's a capacitor missing.

Without SD card I get the boot.dat grumpy face.
With the SD I can enter in the SX bootloader and create emunand/backup sysnand.
The flickering screen was due to the contact between the SX chip and the shield of the ram.
Isolating the SX chip has solved the problem of screen flickering.

Now i have no way to go beyond SX OS bootloader :(
I'm going to send the console to a professional technician in order to repair it...
I probably fried one of the two caps when I have re-made the soldering work on SP1 and SP2, thinking that this could solve the flickering problem.......

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without SD card I get the boot.dat grumpy face.
With the SD I can enter in the SX bootloader and create emunand/backup sysnand.
The flickering screen was due to the contact between the SX chip and the shield of the ram.
Isolating the SX chip has solved the problem of screen flickering.

Now i have no way to go beyond SX OS bootloader :(
I'm going to send the console to a professional technician in order to repair it...
I probably fried one of the two caps when I have re-made the soldering work on SP1 and SP2, thinking that this could solve the flickering problem.......

Have you got any photo of your Switch mainboard around??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game