Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soldering points are bridged somewhere

gVo4Qqx

I've resoldered the joints, do these look okay? I'm still getting the same issue.

gVo4Qqx.jpg

Is it at all possible that i've fried the NAND?

Last edited by Theelichtje,

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've resoldered the joints, do these look okay? I'm still getting the same issue.

gVo4Qqx.jpg

Is it at all possible that i've fried the NAND?
Soldering seems ok (this a v1). Can you confirm if the 2 capacitors on the left side are intact? It's strange having just s black screen. Did you try to boot it without the chip?

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soldering seems ok (this a v1). Can you confirm if the 2 capacitors on the left side are intact? It's strange having just s black screen. Did you try to boot it without the chip?

You mean the capacitors to the left of the cpu socket? Yeah, those seem fine. Don't forget the switch used to show the boot.dat screen, then it just stopped.

I've just tried booting without the chip, nothing happens. NAND is back in the stock location, although the flex cable it still soldered to the CPU, as i don't want to take that off if i can avoid that.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean the capacitors to the left of the cpu socket? Yeah, those seem fine. Don't forget the switch used to show the boot.dat screen, then it just stopped.

I've just tried booting without the chip, nothing happens. NAND is back in the stock location, although the flex cable it still soldered to the CPU, as i don't want to take that off if i can avoid that.
you sure your console has charge

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you sure your console has charge

I'm trying to boot with it connected to my laptop. Pretty sure the battery is flat, as i've been waiting for my SX Core to arrive before using it for the first time in 6-ish months. Can i charge it with the cpu cooler off and the modchip not completely connected? (only the flexcable)

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to boot with it connected to my laptop. Pretty sure the battery is flat, as i've been waiting for my SX Core to arrive before using it for the first time in 6-ish months. Can i charge it with the cpu cooler off and the modchip not completely connected? (only the flexcable)
Make sure to use the official charger. I tried a 3rd party charger and it wouldn't work.

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make sure to use the official charger. I tried a 3rd party charger and it wouldn't work.

I've always used my laptop charger, worked fine. i'll hook it up to my laptop charger for a bit then, see where that takes me.

I don't have the official charger as i've bought it as open box.

Jopa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've always used my laptop charger, worked fine. i'll hook it up to my laptop charger for a bit then, see where that takes me.

You can use any other 2 amp charger that has USB port (mobile phone charger)

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Any luck ? My buddy literally did my switch today and it was the exact same issue. Pink/Purple he forgot the nand, put the nand on and it flashed blue, then green. boot.dat? logo, then went off and wont go back on now.

He did update the chip to 1.3 before as well.

With nand is stock location it doesnt boot either. Might be battery as well though its been off for a couple months. He's leaving it to charge.

Last edited by Artwebb,

Sweetch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think its a good time to buy given the current situation...

As I said in another post I’ve just ordered a SX core. I’m okay with staying on 10.2 forever. I just hope the activation server will be up by the end of the month when I will receive it.

I’m buying it mostly to backup my Minecraft save data. I’m really upset with Nintendo for not letting us exporting our saves.

So I hope I won’t kill my switch when I’ll install the SX core. My brother has an unpatched v1 switch. Do you think I could do some kind of clean emunand on his switch, login with my Nintendo account on it, and then transfer my Minecraft save data to his console before opening mine?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hope I won’t kill my switch when I’ll install the SX core. My brother has an unpatched v1 switch. Do you think I could do some kind of clean emunand on his switch, login with my Nintendo account on it, and then transfer my Minecraft save data to his console before opening mine?
Do you have a Nintendo online account? Is your profile account that you use to play with linked to Nintendo? Does Minecraft support cloud save?

If you answered yes to all three, then yes you can.

Just put your account on his switch, and download your cloud save. When you create an emunand, it's based on whatever data is currently on the sysnand. So create the emunand last.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hartleyshc,
Reactions: braised_beef

braised_beef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As I said in another post I’ve just ordered a SX core. I’m okay with staying on 10.2 forever. I just hope the activation server will be up by the end of the month when I will receive it.

I’m buying it mostly to backup my Minecraft save data. I’m really upset with Nintendo for not letting us exporting our saves.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, unless minecraft doesn't support cloud saves.

Sweetch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the replies.

I don't have an active Nintendo Online plan so I can't use the cloud. I was thinking of using the save transfer option. I know both consoles have to be linked on the same nintendo account. That's why I was asking. I don't want Nintendo to ban his console. He's using atmosphere and for that reason he never connects to the internet.

Could I do a clean emunand on his console and use it to connect to the internet just for that purpose?

By the way, I have a broken GPU in my garbage, do you think I could train myself to soldering on it? I mean, it has some very small capacitors, like 2mm long, are the Switch ones even smaller?

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any luck ? My buddy literally did my switch today and it was the exact same issue. Pink/Purple he forgot the nand, put the nand on and it flashed blue, then green. boot.dat? logo, then went off and wont go back on now.

He did update the chip to 1.3 before as well.

With nand is stock location it doesnt boot either. Might be battery as well though its been off for a couple months. He's leaving it to charge.

Nothing much yet, i had it plugged into my laptop charger all night, nothing.

I've just had it plugged into my laptop for 5 minutes, and it flashes green, then goes back to purple. When it flashes green though, the screen does show the boot.dat screen! so it might just be a charge thing, i'll report back in 30 mins :)

EDIT: It works! Connected it to my PC for 10-15 minutes, boots fine now! So it's probably just a charge thing. I'll let it charge for a bit longer as i haven't put the cooler back, but it's looking promising!

EDIT 2: i've just updates the firmware through the SX OS menu! At first, it would boot to the SX OS splash screen, and then give the purple light again.

When plugging it in again for 1-2 minutes, SX OS stayed on for the whole time, letting me update the firmware and moving through the menu's.

So for anyone who's getting the purple LED on boot, make sure it's charged! Plug it in to the pc and wait a little while.

Last edited by Theelichtje,

mishari

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello guys, I finally received my sx core.:)

Could you please tell me which is which to back? I mean I read about it and that I need to backup emuNand (maybe not this name) and other things in case if something went wrong to avoid bricking the switch. However, When I read more, I keeps getting more confused especially that English is not my first language.

Please can you tell me guys what I need to backup first before installation of the sx core? and what size of sd card I need for the backup?

If there is a tutorial for these things, Can you please share the link with me?

I really appreciate any advice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See some new 830gb builds that should work on the cheaper ones