Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

  • Thread starter Thread starter matias3ds
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 932,845
  • Replies Replies 3,454
  • Likes Likes 35
I use artic mx4 everywere, but maybe mx2 will be beter on the heat pipe or some ticker paste, dont use white cheap crap, dont use metal liquid or artic silver or anyting electrically conductive.

And please dont put paste everywere see some pictures around :)

Arctic Silver is fine... Just don't use a huge glob (or the whole tube lol)

 
Arctic Silver is fine... Just don't use a huge glob (or the whole tube lol)



I edited , the post and added the clarification.

The advice was to reduce the risk for beginners.

Mx4 is easy to spread.

I hope this you will not end in which paste is better.

And I hate arctic silver because customers try to change the thermal paste and put artic silver everywhere even though the device doesn't even start (power on ), and everything has to be cleaned first but thei watched youtube and if is on youtube must by true .....
 
Last edited by Modificatorul,
  • Like
Reactions: SonyUSA
Any installers in the Orlando, FL area? I know ModderFokker is in Cali but trying to avoid shipping across the country. Thanks!
 
Last edited by Astur_torque,
Question for anyone doing modding in US:
Do we ship the modchip and system or just our switch? I’ve been seeing conflicting things or maybe I’m just not reading right Lol also how long is the turnaround time?
 
Last edited by GeForce555,
Btw what is the correct orientation of usb debug port - UP sign facing UP when facing shield and putting it together ? Could be mounted both ways.
 
Question for anyone doing modding in US:
Do we ship the modchip and system or just our switch? I’ve been seeing conflicting things or maybe I’m just not reading right Lol also how long is the turnaround time?

Ship just the tablet (so no joycons) and the modchip if you have it. Turnaround is a week, more or less. Really depends on the installer.

Mine took a week
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
Hi everyone. Been following this thread for a long time, just want to say thank you for all the information shared!
I've seen some people using kapton tape covering the flex. Any alternative to kapton tape? I can't find it in any store (just online).
Or is it not really that important? once again, thank you all :yayswitch:
 
hello, I was thinking of changing the thermal paste on my pc, nintendo and from what I read they prefer the thermal paste mx2 and not the mx4, could I know why ?, in a store in my country they sell both and I am in doubt, I use the translator I hope you understand what I wrote and thanks for the previous help.

"I used grizzly kryonaut on the die and heat pipe and K5-pro viscous thermal paste on the outer shield"
Helidwarf

So you want to spend big money and have the best safe cooling use @helidawarf sugestion, for pc just kryonaut.
Is realy needed for a mobile aplication ?

or mx4 1c ish lower on high stress overclook tests then mx 2 and easy to spread for everyone, on pc and tegra , and tegra shield , and mx2 on pipe becouse is stickier and stay in place better then mx4.
Probably no diference in console aplication between mx 2 and mx4.



or mx2 for all and save some money and still have good termal transfer, maybe you will have small trouble spreading the paste, small pea size on midle of cpu.

And again please try to not put paste on mb.
 
Last edited by Modificatorul,
Hi everyone. Been following this thread for a long time, just want to say thank you for all the information shared!
I've seen some people using kapton tape covering the flex. Any alternative to kapton tape? I can't find it in any store (just online).
Or is it not really that important? once again, thank you all :yayswitch:

I just used the black electric insulation tape you can find in most convenience stores, you are trying to prevent shorts and anything isolating will do
 
Todays V1

20200731-110408-494.jpg
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted