Hacking Switching from Acekard 2i to DSTWO Help!

Ausjor97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, as most of you probably know, a recent 3DS update blocked Acekard 2i, so I decided to get a working, new card. Today I ordered a Supercard DSTWO after reading around about it's awesomeness. I wanted one that would work on my new Pikachu Edition 3DS XL. I bought this one:
http://www.dsflashcart.com/supercar...s-p-252.html?zenid=mvoi6npcfki7o8h0mpo4stikh4

Seeing as I already had a Micro SD that I had been using on my Acekard, I didn't buy one with this DSTWO. It says it comes pre-flashed, so I won't have to update it to play it on my 3DS XL (which has been updated to the newest update). I will format my Micro SD so I can use it on my DSTWO. But I am wondering what I need to download for my DSTWO. I will be transferring my DS games/saves to my DSTWO. I know the DSTWO is a little different from Acekard 2i, so I am asking you what I need to download. I've heard I need to download Moonshell and some other stuff, but nothing tells me everything I need. I want to be able to play DS games, GBA games, GBC games, Possibly movies, music. I don't necessarily need cheats but that would be cool too. I've heard that I might need a special patching software for GBA games, but I've also heard I don't (so I don't know who to believe.) So I was wondering if anyone would please be able to give me links for all of the most up to date downloads I will need, seeing as I can't find definitive reliable sources. Thanks for your help and time. I am sorry if this annoyed you or wasted your time, or has been answered before. I have looked at the GBATemp guides, but they don't seem to be up to date necessarily. :)

Ausjor97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I noticed that thread right after I posted this (I just copy pasted this from another forum site because I never got an answer). Your answer was very stern, but thanks for your help. I really am talking mostly about the moonshell type stuff and the different emulators. There are so many, I don't know which are the best for what I want to be able to do.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The beginner's guide also links to the emulators. CATSFC is the SNES emulator, TempGBA is the GBA emulator. There's also DS2x86 if you're into old DOS games.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ndssfc-catsfc-revival.339600/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tempgba-ndsgba-revival.343210/

Outside of that, everything else is the same for other flash carts. If you want to use moonshell instead of the Supercard video player you install it just like on an Ak2i, same for NESDS, etc.

The whole plugin setup just adds them to the first screen for quick launching, it's not required.

Ausjor97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will gameboy color games like pokemon crystal work on the gba emulator or will I need another emulator for them?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat