Homebrew RELEASE switchdev - Docker image to easily compile homebrew applications for the Nintendo Switch

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just a super simple Docker image that will allow you to easily compile a Nintendo Switch homebrew application without having to install a bunch of stuff & configure your local workstation for Switch homebrew.

Assuming you have Docker setup on your workstation and a Makefile for your project, you can just run this command from within your homebrew project's root directory:
Code:
docker run --rm -v $PWD:/developer yesimnathan/switchdev

I'm just getting into Switch homebrew but I've compiled some basic apps as well as Atmosphere with this and it seems to work great, so I figured I'd share it for others to use!

Image on Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/yesimnathan/switchdev/
Source: https://github.com/nchowning/dockerfiles/tree/master/switchdev

What languages can you use atm to develop Switch apps? I might consider getting my hands dirty, especially now that all this tooling that i am already using for years is compatible!

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
On Manjaro: docker: Error response from daemon: error creating aufs mount to /var/lib/docker/aufs/mnt/9aaa832df8bae150693cda2333b72848087660d4642279d639edacb1e36b7bf9-init: invalid argument.

Something is wrong with your docker installation. Just tested on debian 9, works.

yesimnathan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What languages can you use atm to develop Switch apps? I might consider getting my hands dirty, especially now that all this tooling that i am already using for years is compatible!

With this container, just C & C++ for right now. I think there are some solutions for writing python & lua on the switch as well but I haven't played with them yet

yesimnathan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated this to version 1.3 which includes support for homebrew using libtransistor. I also reverted back to using my own arch linux build instead of basing this off of devkitPro's official docker image since their image is based on debian and I prefer arch linux.

t34p075

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting the following error when i try to compile this Homebrew. please help?

Code:
ocker run --rm -v $PWD:/developer yesimnathan/switchdev
video.c
aarch64-none-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /developer/build/video.d -g -Wall -Ofast -ffunction-sections -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a57 -mtp=soft -fPIE  -I/developer/include -I/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/switch/include -I/opt/devkitpro/libnx/include -I/developer/build -D__SWITCH__ -c /developer/source/video.c -o video.o
/developer/source/video.c:1:10: fatal error: libavutil/imgutils.h: No such file or directory
 #include <libavutil/imgutils.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitA64/base_rules:19: video.o] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:151: build] Error 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1