Switch won't turn back on after battery drain

thrillerwillroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone

So, I have an Animal Crossing Switch, so V2 Mariko recently hacked with hwfly chip, everything was working fine.

Like 4 days ago, my battery drained completely, Switch took a while to turn back on, but it did.

2 days ago, late in the evening, my battery drained completely again. Before it died I was trying to Diwali as gale through Tunfoil and Nut, but Nut couldn't do it and made Tinfoil crash twice. I had also tried updating sigpatches because most of my games weren't able to get verified.

I thought my Switch charged during the night, but turns out my dock was unplugged, so it stayed like this all night.

Yesterday morning I plugged it with a computer USB-C charger, the Switch become very hot so I unplugged and left it to cool off.

Tried to charge it again for several hours on the dock and with only the Switch charger off the dock, I tried all the hard reset key combinations... it won't turn back on.

I opened up the Switch, nothing seems to be fried or damaged of anything, it looks the same as before.

The dock light blinks as normal when I put the Switch in it, but the Switch doesn't turn on TV mode.

The hwfly led is purple (might be white or blue, I'm not too sure...) when I plugged it directly to the computer, says on for a bit then goes off, and it stays off otherwise.

Also there was a small clicking noise all day that seemed to come from the CPU, I don't think it was the fan, and it stopped when I was trying all the hard reset key combinations.

Then I took the joy-cons, game and SD card off the Switch and put it in the dock all night. Still not turning on.

Here's all the trouble-shooting I've done so far.

Does anyone have any idea, does anyone think there's hope or that either the Switch CPU or battery died for some reason? Or the hwfly chip?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by thrillerwillroll,

thrillerwillroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone

So, I have an Animal Crossing Switch, so V2 Mariko recently hacked with hwfly chip, everything was working fine.

Like 4 days ago, my battery drained completely, Switch took a while to turn back on, but it did.

2 days ago, late in the evening, my battery drained completely again. Before it died I was trying to Diwali as gale through Tunfoil and Nut, but Nut couldn't do it and made Tinfoil crash twice. I had also tried updating sigpatches because most of my games weren't able to get verified.

I thought my Switch charged during the night, but turns out my dock was unplugged, so it stayed like this all night.

Yesterday morning I plugged it with a computer USB-C charger, the Switch become very hot so I unplugged and left it to cool off.

Tried to charge it again for several hours on the dock and with only the Switch charger off the dock, I tried all the hard reset key combinations... it won't turn back on.

I opened up the Switch, nothing seems to be fried or damaged of anything, it looks the same as before.

The dock light blinks as normal when I put the Switch in it, but the Switch doesn't turn on TV mode.

The hwfly led is purple (might be white or blue, I'm not too sure...) when I plugged it directly to the computer, says on for a bit then goes off, and it stays off otherwise.

Also there was a small clicking noise all day that seemed to come from the CPU, I don't think it was the fan, and it stopped when I was trying all the hard reset key combinations.

Then I took the joy-cons, game and SD card off the Switch and put it in the dock all night. Still not turning on.

Here's all the trouble-shooting I've done so far.

Does anyone have any idea, does anyone think there's hope or that either the Switch CPU or battery died for some reason? Or the hwfly chip?

Thank you for your help!
For anyone who might need it:

I ended up un-soldering my chip, turns out the battery was still empty. I suppose when it first become very hot while charging, something short-circuited to protect the Switch, and so it wasn't charging anymore. Something was wrong betwen the chip and the battery I gess, I don't really know why.

In any case: never let your Switch drain! I did it twice by accident and it was a pain both times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte