Hacking Question Switch "update" for SDXC / exfat?

takeitfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Problematic or not, you can always use this guide to get SDXC working without having to update
I followed that but still get errors, though at least it seems to sort of read it.

That adds exFAT support but does it also mean SDXC support too? I'm on 3.0.2 and I get the impression after patching that it's not fully supported still - I can view stuff but not open my XCI title and I get errors about reading the card (200GB)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I followed that but still get errors, though at least it seems to sort of read it.

That adds exFAT support but does it also mean SDXC support too? I'm on 3.0.2 and I get the impression after patching that it's not fully supported still - I can view stuff but not open my XCI title and I get errors about reading the card (200GB)
SDXC works anyway, it's just that exFAT support is needed to get the SDXC stamp of approval.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
necroing an old thread..my OFW 3.0.2 could not detect the 400GB SD card, so I used choidujourNX to update to 3.0.2 (exfat) and that solved the problem so it could then detect and format the 400GB SD card successfully (only issue was I forgot that choi auto enables RCM and thought my switch was bricked. Had to boot into SX OS boot selector and disable RCM mode there).

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people say fat32 is better, does it yet suppprt exfat, as i dont get why the console will force a format that its drivers means it cant support it very good.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people say fat32 is better, does it yet suppprt exfat, as i dont get why the console will force a format that its drivers means it cant support it very good.
Because Nintendo doesn't want to pay the royalties for all consoles to have exFAT support built-in so they leave it up to the user to manually obtain the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo