Hardware Switch stuff early at Walmart?

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been seeing a bunch of people over on the Nintendo switch reddit being able to buy stuff from Walmart here in the US. Has anyone else got anything? My Walmart's stock tracker says there is some stuff, and this one guy on reddit managed to snag a case: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...s_able_to_buy_this_from_walmart_today_it_was/
Someone even managed to grab an amiibo that was counter locked supposedly. What do you guys think?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wal-mart doesn't have it out yet, but the entire amiibo shelving was taken down, which I assume they are preparing to set up the switch stuff, and basically verified by a paper taped up listing how everything should be organized by the employee setting it up. I did see one item which was the joycon grips, but they didn't have a price listed yet (and it was only one set in red). I'll probably check back later today or tomorrow to see if I can pick up some stuff.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That probably means I can go back to walmart tonight and it SHOULD be set up. Though gamestop seems to be holding off selling any accessories unless you preorder them for pickup friday.
Maybe, but yeah this post right here.
Walmart is always going to be on a location-by-location basis. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing in this case.

Wal*Marts are rather off and never in sync. It also depends on their teams. My store has a "Mod Change Team," during their night shift and it's our job to setup new sections and stuff. Basically we're the reason everything changes overnight.
But not every Wal*Mart has that overnight team and often falls onto the Department managers or venders to setup the sections. Which means it either gets done on time or gets thrown together before launch.

rileysrjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went and checked my Walmart, there were some signs up for the switch but nothing out to purchase. The Walmart stock tracker says they had some of it out on the video game aisle at my store, but nothing.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen some of the new Link Amiibo's at my Wal-Mart last weekend!!

I hate Wal-Mart pre-order service. Best Buy always shipped their products so you get them on the actual launch date or sometimes before, but NOT Wal-Mart, I don't get my Switch until Mar 7th !! :hateit::switch:

Last edited by elm,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen some of the new Link Amiibo's at my Wal-Mart last weekend!!

I hate Wal-Mart pre-order service. Best Buy always shipped their products so you get them on the actual launch date or sometimes before, but NOT Wal-Mart, I don't get my Switch until Mar 7th !! :hateit::switch:
Bestbuy ship my Guardian amiibo which is set to be here 3/2.
Same places ship on release date with x amount of day shipping.
While other ship ahead of time so you get it on release.
Im sorry walmart sucks. I wouldnt do anything like this with them therr always late on stuff.

Reactions: elm

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same places ship on release date with x amount of day shipping.
While other ship ahead of time so you get it on release.
Im sorry walmart sucks. I wouldnt do anything like this with them therr always late on stuff.
He probably didn't pay for 2 day shipping at walmart .

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Yeah, I saw a pro controller in a glass case at my store. Don't know if they were allowed to sell it.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably didn't pay for 2 day shipping at walmart .

No I didn't pay for 2-day shipping, when Wal-Mart put the Switch's up for pre-order I had to act quick just to place the order. But it was quicker having it shipped to the store and then I have to pick it up Mar 7th. But no matter if you pay extra shipping through Best Buy, they usually ship their pre-order products out so you get them on the actual day they are to be released.

Last edited by elm,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked back on my local wal-mart because I had an orthodontic appointment in the same plaza and they had the shelving set up but no products there yet other than a single package of red joycon grip and a BOTW 6 cartridge case. I'll check back on it tomorrow after work, I want to see what joycon grip colors they will have.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I didn't pay for 2-day shipping, when Wal-Mart put the Switch's up for pre-order I had to act quick just to place the order. But it was quicker having it shipped to the store and then I have to pick it up Mar 7th. But no matter if you pay extra shipping through Best Buy, they usually ship their pre-order products out so you get them on the actual day they are to be released.
I had all my stuff ship to the walmart store . Because i got emails to pick up everything march 3 after 6pm. I don't like 6pm.

Reactions: elm

rileysrjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went to my Walmart again and they had all of the botw amiibo except the guardian one. Tried to purchase the archer link one, but it was register locked. Guess I'll wait till Friday.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to walmart today , to pick up 1/8 of my stuff!
2n9cjer.jpg

If you go to Amazon site , some Wholesaler is selling Nintendo switch for 1,999.00 lol 2 left

Last edited by WiiuGold,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the release date on some of the acc are before the 3rd.

I already have everything i need preorder so just going to wait for it in the mail. But good to see that not everything is sold out in store.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Didn't know there was a Last Guardian amiibo. Must be super rare. :ph34r:

I went to walmart today , to pick up 1/8 of my stuff!
2n9cjer.jpg

If you go to Amazon site , some Wholesaler is selling Nintendo switch for 1,999.00 lol 2 left
Nice. I'm planning on picking up silicone cases for the Joy-Cons and the Pro Controller and if a third party maker makes it possible to use the Joy-Con's left "d-pad" as a usable real d-pad (covering it with a directional pad shell).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup