Homebrew Question Switch OS cant access the sd card, but i can enter hb menu

Rickyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, so i was using homebrew like always. I updated EdiZon to the latest version to test how it worked now, but when it had to load the SMO save data it crashed (atm it always does at that part), the problem was when i restarted the switch, it cant access the sd card it always show the error code: 2016-0247 and it doesnt appear in the settings. But i can still load the homebrew menu (i have everything in the sd).
It is not a big deal if i can load the hb menu but i would like to have everything "normal". Is anything i can do less format it? I could format the sd but i have to make a backup on my pc and it doesnt have enought space.

Reactions: TheSynthax

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar issue. SX OS can browse games on the card, but Horizon gives an error about being unable to read the game card. Can also open HBmenu. It might be an issue with the SD card. how old is yours and what brand/capacity?

Rickyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm having a similar issue. SX OS can browse games on the card, but Horizon gives an error about being unable to read the game card. Can also open HBmenu. It might be an issue with the SD card. how old is yours and what brand/capacity?
My card is 2 weeks old more or less. 128 GB SandDisk exFat i bought throught Amazon. Is not a fake card, i used h2testw (tested with 50GB) and everything was fine.
But i dont think its the sd problem, because a computer can access it and even the hb menu, maybe something related to the switch OS is corruted or other problem idk.

Last edited by Rickyman,

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My card is 2 weeks old more or less. 128 GB SandDisk exFat i bought throught Amazon. Is not a fake card, i used h2testw (tested with 50GB) and everything was fine.
But i dont think its the sd problem, because a computer can access it and even the hb menu, maybe something related to the switch OS is corruted or other problem idk.

Did you run an archive attribute fixer on the files in your SD card? If so, did you modify the archive attribute on the Nintendo folder?

Rickyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Did you run an archive attribute fixer on the files in your SD card? If so, did you modify the archive attribute on the Nintendo folder?
I ran once the hekate sd fix or something like that, but it crashed and i had to turn it off by pressing the power button for 10 sec. Then i inserted the sd on windows and it got repaired automatically having all the files.
And in theory it should only affect the switch folder, but a lot of thing could have happened.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran once the hekate sd fix or something like that, but it crashed and i had to turn it off by pressing the power button for 10 sec. Then i inserted the sd on windows and it got repaired automatically having all the files.
And in theory it should only affect the switch folder, but a lot of thing could have happened.

Try deleting the Nintendo directory in Windows, then you'll have to re-download all your official Nintendo stuff again. If that doesn't work, use the switch's `format SD card` option in settings to reset everything, then you'll need to redownload all your nintendo stuff and CFW stuff.

In the future, when you're using windows (or whatever) don't unset archive attributes on the Nintendo folder. Highlight everything then unselect that folder before changing the Archive attributes. Hekate had a bug in previous versions that would also unset the archive bit in the Nintendo folder, but that has been fixed in 3.1, and to be further improved in the next release. For some reason, some people are seeing problems when they unset the archive bit on Nintendo, and others are not. For now the safest bet is not to mess with that directory or anything in it.

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hi, so i was using homebrew like always. I updated EdiZon to the latest version to test how it worked now, but when it had to load the SMO save data it crashed (atm it always does at that part), the problem was when i restarted the switch, it cant access the sd card it always show the error code: 2016-0247 and it doesnt appear in the settings. But i can still load the homebrew menu (i have everything in the sd).
It is not a big deal if i can load the hb menu but i would like to have everything "normal". Is anything i can do less format it? I could format the sd but i have to make a backup on my pc and it doesnt have enought space.
its just sounds to me like you using a fake sd card that all you should try to run a test on it to see if that's the case but I think it is most people that come on here talking error seem to be using fake sd card but if that's not the problem you should try formatting the sd card to fat32 not exfat

Reactions: machine69_420

Rickyman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try deleting the Nintendo directory in Windows, then you'll have to re-download all your official Nintendo stuff again. If that doesn't work, use the switch's `format SD card` option in settings to reset everything, then you'll need to redownload all your nintendo stuff and CFW stuff.

In the future, when you're using windows (or whatever) don't unset archive attributes on the Nintendo folder. Highlight everything then unselect that folder before changing the Archive attributes. Hekate had a bug in previous versions that would also unset the archive bit in the Nintendo folder, but that has been fixed in 3.1, and to be further improved in the next release. For some reason, some people are seeing problems when they unset the archive bit on Nintendo, and others are not. For now the safest bet is not to mess with that directory or anything in it.
Thank you! ill try that.
Edit: So deleting Nintendo folder worked as expected! @TheSynthax you could try that too (if you have anything on it, make a backup)
its just sounds to me like you using a fake sd card that all you should try to run a test on it to see if that's the case but I think it is most people that come on here talking error seem to be using fake sd card but if that's not the problem you should try formatting the sd card to fat32 not exfat
In a reply i already pointed that i ran a test successfully, i prefer exFat with a large card, fat32 have less errors on the switch but i think eventually it wont matter.

Last edited by Rickyman,

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Thank you! ill try that.

In a reply i already pointed that i ran a test successfully, i prefer exFat with a large card, fat32 have less errors on the switch but i think eventually it wont matter.
i mean fake sd card test like h2testw, not the built-in test for windows

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Last edited by JaRocker,
Reactions: Rickyman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users