Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Some tips (translated) from Yokan daddy (author of first oled hekate video):
youtube-yokan2.png

youtube-yokan.png

Update: According to feedback on 91wii, using sx core with the currently public wiring method may cause unable to enter CFW without disconnecting dat0 after enter hekate, thus is not recommended for now. Using sx lite / hwfly lite is recommended.

Last edited by remiferia,

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I rather reflow/reball a BGA chip that make a kamikaze atempt like we did on the Xvox 360
humm...
IMO, that, actually, depends.
With Xbox 360 the "gap" between the board and the APU allowed us to do that. I, personally, used wires and needle before we have the Post Fix from TX.
Now, if you look at the Switch and it's eMMC there's no room for slipping in anything without removing the IC first.... So, in the end, without an alt point, a reball will be the ONLY way.
I'm not sure I'm "ready" for so many reballs, TBH! :/

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
humm...
With Xbox 360 the "gap" between the board and the APU allowed us to do that. I, personally, used wires and needle before we have the Post Fix from TX.
Now, if you look at the Switch and it's eMMC there's no room for slipping in anything without removing the IC first.... So, in the end, without an alt point, a reball will be the ONLY way.
Solder paste, stencil, hot air, lets go!

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Solder paste, stencil, hot air, lets go!
I feel you! The hype is real and good! :)

Buuut, the "hype" might go down the sink hole when you wake up and realize you have, let's say, 20-30 consoles.
One or two, maybe five, should be fine :) now, 20-30 or maybe more a day, it's a completely different story :P
I'm really tying to get my hands in one of these OLED units just to try it out.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel you! The hype is real and good! :)

Buuut, the "hype" might go down the sink hole when you wake up and realize you have, let's say, 20-30 consoles.
One or two, maybe five, should be fine :) now, 20-30 or maybe more a day, it's a completely different story :P
I'm really tying to get my hands in one of these OLED units just to try it out.
Rookie :)

• Haha

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
humm...
I can read you don't know what the Kamikaze hack was

That was when we drilled a hole in the chip on the drive so it could be unlocked and then flasked with cstm firmware
drilling too deep and the chip died

MarkSummers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need a different voltage check around the coils, unless its coming off the main power chipset that used to get fried in the third party dock fiasco event.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

I can read you don't know what the Kamikaze hack was

That was when we drilled a hole in the chip on the drive so it could be unlocked and then flasked with cstm firmware
drilling too deep and the chip died
Yup! I know it... Bought me a Dremel just for this. Before that I used an old iron tip in my Yaxun.
Did my last one a back in February this year. :)

vulp_vibes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was originally quite skeptical of the possibility of a solution similar to the corona postfix adapter due to the clearance, depth, and pitch of the emmc's BGA, but I was in fact able to snake a tinned magnet wire under the chip and get continuity to the dat0 test point on a switch lite board. I will be looking into this further; I am certainly not opposed to the hot air rework method, but also would not mind if it was rendered unnecessary :D

grubgrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was originally quite skeptical of the possibility of a solution similar to the corona postfix adapter due to the clearance, depth, and pitch of the emmc's BGA, but I was in fact able to snake a tinned magnet wire under the chip and get continuity to the dat0 test point on a switch lite board. I will be looking into this further; I am certainly not opposed to the hot air rework method, but also would not mind if it was rendered unnecessary :D

wow nice!
Sounds like this will make modding the switch much easier!
Hopefully we can get somthing like this.

1634716738400.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end