Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

MarkSummers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can do the install but I'm sure there will be a better guide with altivernative solder points that don't require to lift the eMMC.

Also another thing that might cause problems, is the current public build of Hekate - all the working versions running on OLED switches, seem to be non public builds, handed out by CTCaer.

probably its only dat0 thats missing theres probably a test point somewhere just didnt bother fully checking

I thought this initially as well, but given how point D on the board is very obscure, they were digging around quite a bit. I'm not holding my breath the emmc's Dat0 (Point C) comes out anywhere except a pin under the APU. Using one of these may require lifting the eMMC.

I've never done anything with an SX core chip. Does the eMMC need to be restored to the board to function? I thought it held a partial locker of system keys on it that would be needed to run atmosphere and such.

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I've never done anything with an SX core chip. Does the eMMC need to be restored to the board to function? I thought it held a partial locker of system keys on it that would be needed to run atmosphere and such.
You always need emmc on the board if you installed the modchip.
The modchip reads emmc timing, somehow glitch tegra, and run payload in emmc bct.

Reactions: MarkSummers

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The D point reminds me of the Xbox 360 days with the corona postfix adapter :)
Corona-Type-Cpu-Postfix-Adapter-V2-Versie-2-Voor-Microsoft-Xbox-360.jpg

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if such thin pogopins exist :/
You also have to consider how deep the BGA starts on the eMMC in comparison to the APU on the 360, the required pin is not on the edge of the substrate.

H143ad5dbd09a4ffdb56f0ef30f38c471a.jpg

Reactions: sean222 and susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You also have to consider how deep the BGA starts on the eMMC in comparison to the APU on the 360, the required pin is not on the edge of the substrate.

H143ad5dbd09a4ffdb56f0ef30f38c471a.jpg
Wow, solder the eMMC to the board is really a clever move from ninty.
But I guess there should be a pull-up resistor for the DAT0 line/trace somewhere on the board, most likely near the APU, also useable for C

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, solder the eMMC to the board is really a clever move from ninty.
But I guess there should be a pull-up resistor for the DAT0 line/trace somewhere on the board, most likely near the APU, also useable for C
I hope so, on the Switch Lite there were two points exposed on the top layer of the PCB where you could hook it.
The problem with the OLED model is that the eMMC and SoC are on each side of the PCB, so chances are high they are connected only between the layers.

Reactions: susi91

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the solder points would be for the SX lite chip. If yes is their like a diagram/picture with the annotated points. The thing is theirs a great deal for a lite chip from a local person and I kinda want to use that as I have said before. It's just everyone has done installs with sx cores.

x021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the solder points would be for the SX lite chip. If yes is their like a diagram/picture with the annotated points. The thing is theirs a great deal for a lite chip from a local person and I kinda want to use that as I have said before. It's just everyone has done installs with sx cores.
image0.jpg

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 279668
I made install layout picture based on the Chinese guide
Use it at your own risk.
This is insane. I do alot of repairs and am highly experienced with a heat rework station, this entire process is fairly simple except the bga chip Dat0 point if I have the term right is definitely not worth the risk unless somehow an alt point is found. But I'm guessing that's been prodded a bunch to try and find it.

Am I right in reading the caps need to be bridged?

Last edited by TheUnknownOne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended