Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Some guy posted simple installation picture on Chinese website.
It seems that they detached the eMMC lol

952da559ccbf6c814b351ffde13eb13532fa40d1.jpg

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7573220146

MarkSummers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If C is the only possible attachment point you can probably get the wire there without lifting the nand chip by heating the nand up and slipping the wire into the flattened solder ball... actually that's not going to work because the grid is much smaller than the size of the chip, it'll have to come off unless another point is found. You might be able to drill to it from the opposite side of the board with a stencil... but that's probably not going to work either because the other side has the oled and daughterboard connectors in the way.

Last edited by MarkSummers,
Reactions: susi91

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France

Nothing helpful but I don't understand why they all post about how they get Atmosphere to run but when people ask questions they disappear.

What a dumb ass. What's the point of showing off so much and then letting people with no response.

Last edited by dotmehdi,

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
(reposting from this topic, sorry for the spam)

Guys, if anyone serious manages to have the plans for soldering the chip on the OLED model, my message box is open and I will manage to record everything, from the installation to the first boot of the console.
I work with a professionnal who has been soldering since PSX, we have everything we need, both older and newer revisions, but we don't want to waste our time destroying chips now that some people found the good plans for installing it.
If you have any information, feel free to contact me, we will try to share everything if we get it to work correctly.

(btw sorry for my bad english :mellow:)

Reactions: grubgrub

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the only difference in installation of the core chip would be just direct cabling to the Nand. Is everything else the same

pwjpssdfvqyuhweuxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone can help. I have friend who does installs for YouTube. Can someone give pictures or just a labeled photo of where to solder to on the SX chips. He would like them for both core and lite but either one is ok. He just wants to make sure he knows the correct points to solder stuff to on the SX board. Once he has them he may attempt an install.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If someone can help. I have friend who does installs for YouTube. Can someone give pictures or just a labeled photo of where to solder to on the SX chips. He would like them for both core and lite but either one is ok. He just wants to make sure he knows the correct points to solder stuff to on the SX board. Once he has them he may attempt an install.
We literally don't know...

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pictures on this site show you the points:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7573220146

The last picture shows a Core modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: